“Our most memorable dining experience in Negril”

Blue Mahoe Restaurant at The SPA Retreat
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Mahoe Restaurant at The SPA Retreat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 205 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2014

After a long walk down West End Road, my mother and I actually stumbled upon this beautiful resort by accident. It is the most attractive entrance/property for a couple of miles. It was the week of Christmas and very quiet so we had the entire patio to ourselves and enjoyed the most beautiful view of the sunset. The service was exceptional for Jamaica... servers were very attentive and friendly. I think we chose the least expensive dinner entrees on the menu ($15 each) but it was a nice portion and delicious for us vegetarians (which is also a rare find in tropical places). This is our most memorable dining experience out of our entire stay in Negril. We were happy to find out that the retreat is Canadian-owned too!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Excellent food and tremendous service. Beautiful setting as well. Not to be missed. A group of 4 for dinner and everyone was extremely pleased. A must visit in negril!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The location is simply amazing, on the cliffs overlooking the ocean. The food is good but what made the experience special is the very friendly and attentive staff throughout the meal. On our way out at the end of our meal,one of the owners, Christine, kindly asked for our feedback.I mentioned the Creme Brulee wasn't baked right ( I am French and as such a bit of a snob when it comes to Creme Brulee) so she asked the Chef to make a new one for me.That batch was perfect and I left the restaurant with a smile on my face, thinking this is how any restaurant/hotel owner should treat their guests. It is all about the overall experience. I would recommend this place and certainly go again on my next visit to Negril.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Food was ok and a bit pricey. Service was very good though. View is amazing at the rock covered patio.

jamiekeeley, Public Relations Manager at Blue Mahoe Restaurant at The SPA Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback. At Blue Mahoe Restaurant we aim to offer a holistic dining experience weaving together excellent farm to table cuisine, unique presentations, a breathtaking cliffside setting and genuinely warm service from our friendly SPA Family. Fresh local produce and the finest ingredients are brought in daily as our Chefs prepare organic dishes that are authentic to Jamaica! Any dish on the menu can be customized to meet the desires of our discerning guests as we wish to understand their varying tastes. We hope you will consider visiting again upon your return to the island. One love!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Four of us made a reservation, upon arrival took 20 minutes to get our table even though there weren't many in the restaurant. We started with brushetta with feta which was different and delicious! Also had snapper in coconut, shrimp pot, curry chicken. Everyone enjoyed their meals we all agreed shrimp pot was the best White doughy bread satisfied teen with us, not the parents and not what I would expect from a restaurant of this caliber.

Service was good, very sweet, gentle waiter. Dinner was very slow getting to us but that has been the rule everywhere we've been. If you have children with you, bring a snack.