“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Tried this place as a drive by.very friendly staff and the food was excellent. Try the shrimps in garlic or curried. subtle flavours but really delicious.thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Good view of beach, nice at night too. Good food Mac and Cheese too just small, Little more money but worth a stop. Service was good and friendly. Sea food available !

Reviewed February 28, 2018

One our favorite seafood restaurants on the West End. Swordfish is close to and similar to Canoe. Always good but slighter pricier to some other West End restaurants but very good. I like the escovitch snapper which is a Jamaican favorite. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

My wife and I visited Swordfish while in Negril last week. We usually happy-hour at Canoe Bar and this place is just a few short steps away, past the German Bar. We arrived about 615pm, were escorted upstairs where we could pick our table and promptly were offered a beverage. Very soon the waitress was back with our Red Stripe (for the wife) and Rum Punch (for me). The rum punch was very good. Soon after that we ordered. The food arrived in a maybe better than average time for Jamaica. We were enjoying the view from our table so much that we didn't really time it, but I have experienced everything from a 10 minute to 2 hour wait in Negril before and this wait was much, much closer to 10 minutes than anything resembling 2 hours. Let's say 20 minutes probably. I ordered the Curried Conch and when it arrived, I knew I had ordered correctly. Probably the best conch I have ever had. Very, very tender and the curry was nicely flavored but not real hot, just the way I like it. It was served with some slaw and some rice and peas. Pretty soon after it arrived I joined the clean-plate club. Best plate of conch I have ever eaten.

The prices were reasonable, I was not in the mood for a real rich dish, so I skipped on the famous Lobster Mac and Cheese, but I spied it on a couple of tables and it did indeed look decadent, so maybe I will have to try that again next time. Although that Conch might be calling my name again. I'm not sure what I will order, but I do know that we will be coming back!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Love the rooftop dining - even if there is a breeze, overlooking the sea, the lights on the beach and the stars in the sky make this place a must to visit.

We enjoyed it so much, we visited twice on a 7-day stay in Negril. It was a short walk from Home Sweet Home where we were staying. I had the curry conch the second time ... it was smooth, slightly sweet and very flavourful. The conch was tender and delicious.

My friend had snapper and it was perfectly prepared. The rice & peas were also generous and moist. We had conch bits for an appetizer one night and they were also very tender and delicious.

I would definitely recommend. They only take cash so take US cash or J.