“The perfect dream”

Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Negril
anytown,new york
“The perfect dream”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I can't say enough about the relaxing stay we had recently at Sandy "Heaven". The grounds are exquisitely beautiful and well kept. The pool was clean and in the shade for mornings and afternoons which was outstanding. Whoever designed the grounds did an optimal job. The breakfast was outstanding and the staff was extremely polite and accommodating. Having Bongos restaurant and bar was also a big plus.
Security was always very attentive and demarcation lines on the beach (planters) always seemed respected by the public. The beach areas are immaculately kept. The beach Bar was very convenient and service to lounge chairs was optimal. Of course the Beach speaks for itself...just Nirvana.....my hats off to Pops and Romeo and the rest of the wonderful staff.
Might I also say that our massages were expertly done...the ambiance was other worldly....

Room Tip: A first or second floor in front (beachside) is perfect.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have traveled all around the world and I don't book a trip without first conferring with Tripadvisor Additionally, I am not a frequent review writer. With that said I had such an enjoyable experience at Sandy Haven that I must share with those that use Trip Advisor as their Bible and are looking for a place in Negril. From the moment we stepped foot on the propoerty until the moment we left the staff at Sandy Haven was nothing short of Amazing. Pops welcomed us like family and was all too happy to provide recommendations and give us the lay of the land. Anything we needed he was willing and able to assist. Ricardo served us breakfast each morning and was very flexible when we asked if we could have breakfast on our beachfront patio instead of the breakfast are. When we arrived the hotel had excess capacity. We expressed that we were having issues with our toilet and without batting an eye Jerome upgraded us to an oceanfront room! What great customer service and customer focus. Because of the size of the hotel you get great attention from the staff and it was clear that they were all there to ensure that you had a great time. They do a great job of ensuring that beach merchants don't bother you. You engage with them only if you like. They essentially can't cross the line of the potted plants.

We didn't have a bad meal the entire time that we were in Negril. The location of the hotel allows you to venture out if you like. The hotel is across the street from "Best in the West" jerk stand, which has amazing jerk chicken. We tried Bongos one of the nights that we were there and my fiancee, couldn't stop raving about his dish! I would also recommend "Cool Spot" for lunch and dinner if you are interested in eating where the locals eat.

We walked up and down the beach and I can say that Sandy Haven is the most modern out of all of the hotels in this stretch of beach. If you are looking for a boutique hotel and an authentic feel away from the madness of the large all- inclusives then this is the place for you!

Sandy Haven will always be a bright spot in my memory because we got engaged on the beautiful beach! Thank you so much to the staff for making this a memorable experience for me and my fiancee!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 9, 2014

As a Jamaican, I have been to Negril many times in my life, often for a day trip so I know the area. I have stayed overnight a few times in a few different places as well, and nothing has ever come close to the wonderful accommodations at Sandy Haven. Between the friendly staff, the excellent meal options and sleeping right on the waterfront, there is nothing more you could ask for.

Room Tip: second or third floor is nicest
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I absolutely loved staying at Sandy Haven! The location was perfect, right on the beach. The room was beautiful and the staff were all so friendly. The restaurant located in the hotel was marvelous and delicious. Overall, great place! I will certainly return!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My friends and I, who are single had our third trip to Jamaica over Memorial Day weekend and stayed a week at Sandy Haven. The previous times we stayed at Coco La Palm, but decided we wanted to check out the more modern property right next door. When we travel we all stay in separate rooms. We have friends on the island and want to enjoy our space when on vacation. This hotel required that I sign in my guests (male or female) and pay an additional $60 fee per day to have an overnight guest. I do not stay at all inclusive hotels for this very reason. I have traveled all around the world and my hotel room payment always covers for double occupancy even when I am the only one in the room. When I booked the room I had no clue a friend would come from another part of the island to hang for a few days. This is the main reason I would not recommend this property to a single traveler unless you plan on having no guest. In addition, the additional fee they require was way too high for just the daily continental breakfast. Bottom line this policy felt more like a dorm room than a hotel. I did address the issue with the owner and in her defense she says it is for security reasons. However, I never had this “security issue” right next door at Coco La Palm.
So if you are a couple or a single planning to have no guest and you want a modern feel to your hotel then Sandy Haven would meet that requirement. The staff (Pops, Denim, Keon, Romaine) were excellent and made me feel immediately like family. I am so sorry to say that with this policy I will only be back to say hi, because I will be next door at Coco La Palm.

This is my story and I am sticking to it!!! Love Negril and the People!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank Sonnyday31
SHRsm, Reservations at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Valued Partner,

Thank you for choosing Sandy Haven resort for your recent stay in Negril, Jamaica. I presume that your stay at our property was very enjoyable with the exception of the additional person rate that you had to pay for your overnighting guest. I notice that you had spoken to the owner concerning the extra charge and she had advise that it was for security purposes that any additional guest should be registered at the front desk before entering the room. Additionally our rooms are sold on a per person basis therefore the rate you paid for your room is significantly less than if you were to booked for two people; consequently the additional persons rate becomes applicable. Furthermore we have a contractual obligation to our tour operators to adhere to the original booking arrangements that you have made and apply the necessary cost where applicable if an additional person will be staying in the room. I do hope that this provide some clarity on the matter and that you will be more open experience the joy that is Sandy Haven Resort in your future stay on our little island.

Thank You.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights here after our wedding at the RIU. This was a paradise and the intimacy we enjoyed. The beach is amazing and the jerk chicken is awesome. We frequent Jamaica, and we will hopefully visit sandy haven again when in Negril. Perfect for a couple or relaxing getaway.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mandeville, Jamaica
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel is best described as charmingly elegant. Our ocean view room was simply furnished with an upscale feel and quite spacious. I must commend the staff for their service-they were friendly, helpful and very attentive. This hotel is literally on the beach which is first-class. Had dinner in the restaurant twice and both times the food was excellent! Anyone looking for a quiet getaway, this is it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisanmchen
SHRsm, Reservations at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Valued Partner,

Thank you for making Sandy Haven Resort, your home away from home. We are indeed delighted that your stay with us was truly an enjoyable one and we are certainly looking forward to your imminent return. We definitely value your positive feedback as we work to ensure that all our guest receive the best of Jamaica hospitality.

Thank you.