All reviews boutique hotel continental breakfast beach bar seven mile beach security lady ocean front rum punch an ocean view room negril beach sun beach double sinks small hotel every morning rooms are beautiful upon check first morning coco la palm
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My friends and I, who are single had our third trip to Jamaica over Memorial Day weekend and stayed a week at Sandy Haven. The previous times we stayed at Coco La Palm, but decided we wanted to check out the more modern property right next door. When we travel we all stay in separate rooms. We have friends on the island and want to enjoy our space when on vacation. This hotel required that I sign in my guests (male or female) and pay an additional $60 fee per day to have an overnight guest. I do not stay at all inclusive hotels for this very reason. I have traveled all around the world and my hotel room payment always covers for double occupancy even when I am the only one in the room. When I booked the room I had no clue a friend would come from another part of the island to hang for a few days. This is the main reason I would not recommend this property to a single traveler unless you plan on having no guest. In addition, the additional fee they require was way too high for just the daily continental breakfast. Bottom line this policy felt more like a dorm room than a hotel. I did address the issue with the owner and in her defense she says it is for security reasons. However, I never had this “security issue” right next door at Coco La Palm.
So if you are a couple or a single planning to have no guest and you want a modern feel to your hotel then Sandy Haven would meet that requirement. The staff (Pops, Denim, Keon, Romaine) were excellent and made me feel immediately like family. I am so sorry to say that with this policy I will only be back to say hi, because I will be next door at Coco La Palm.

This is my story and I am sticking to it!!! Love Negril and the People!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
7  Thank Sonnyday31
SHRsm, Reservations at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Valued Partner,

Thank you for choosing Sandy Haven resort for your recent stay in Negril, Jamaica. I presume that your stay at our property was very enjoyable with the exception of the additional person rate that you had to pay for your overnighting guest. I notice that you had spoken to the owner concerning the extra charge and she had advise that it was for security purposes that any additional guest should be registered at the front desk before entering the room. Additionally our rooms are sold on a per person basis therefore the rate you paid for your room is significantly less than if you were to booked for two people; consequently the additional persons rate becomes applicable. Furthermore we have a contractual obligation to our tour operators to adhere to the original booking arrangements that you have made and apply the necessary cost where applicable if an additional person will be staying in the room. I do hope that this provide some clarity on the matter and that you will be more open experience the joy that is Sandy Haven Resort in your future stay on our little island.

Thank You.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights here after our wedding at the RIU. This was a paradise and the intimacy we enjoyed. The beach is amazing and the jerk chicken is awesome. We frequent Jamaica, and we will hopefully visit sandy haven again when in Negril. Perfect for a couple or relaxing getaway.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel is best described as charmingly elegant. Our ocean view room was simply furnished with an upscale feel and quite spacious. I must commend the staff for their service-they were friendly, helpful and very attentive. This hotel is literally on the beach which is first-class. Had dinner in the restaurant twice and both times the food was excellent! Anyone looking for a quiet getaway, this is it.

1  Thank Lisanmchen
SHRsm, Reservations at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Valued Partner,

Thank you for making Sandy Haven Resort, your home away from home. We are indeed delighted that your stay with us was truly an enjoyable one and we are certainly looking forward to your imminent return. We definitely value your positive feedback as we work to ensure that all our guest receive the best of Jamaica hospitality.

Thank you.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This boutique hotel offered my husband and i a wonderful retreat last summer. I especially appreciated our oceanfront room where we were able to walk right out onto the patio, have breakfast and then walk a few more steps, right down to the beach. Our room was spacious and comfortable and, as a mature couple, we appreciated that there were not a lot of little kids. The food was delicious and prepared by a young chef with a lot of creativity and we appreciated that the owner/manger was attentive to our needs. We didn't venture out much but for dinner and, while there are a lot of good restaurants around, we like the jerk chicken shack across the road too. All in all we had a blast and hope to go back again next year!

Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank Suzan J
SHRsm, Reservations at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Valued Partner,

Thank you for making Sandy Haven Resort your luxury vacation destination of choice. We here at Sandy Haven value all our guests feedback and we thank you for thanking the time to endorse our beautiful property. We are particularly pleased that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Deluxe Ocean Front Rooms as we strive daily to ensure that all our rooms are of the highest quality as we cater to your every needs.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

This wonderful little updated boutique hotel is sitting along the 7 mile beach area. Rooms are large, airy and with comfortable comfortable beds.The sunsets and the beach are breathtaking. The ground are kept very clean.There is security on the premises that do a great job of keeping the beach hagglers from bothering you too much.SH staff provides great customer service accommodated every single request we had. We enjoyed the weather, the ocean, and the people.The pool area is tiny and not worth sitting, especially since there is an amazing beach a few steps away.

I also read lots of complaints regarding the water at SH prior to our trip, however we had no water issues whatsoever. All in all this was a lovely relaxing getaway, if you are looking for a nightlife or any entertainment this is not your place.

Room tip: Rooms along the walk way have no privacy.
Date of stay: April 2014
2  Thank DivineShay
SHRsm, Reservation at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear valued Partner,

Thank you for choosing Sandy Haven Resort for your recent vacation destination and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review about our property. We are pleased that your stay with us was quite memorable and we are certainly looking forward to many more returns. Thank you also for taking notice that our grounds was always well kept as we take pride in creating the perfect ambiance for your comfort. Thank you again for you review and we are looking forward to have you.

Regards