Sandy Haven Resort
$82
  • Pool
$182
$160
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$60
$58
$262
$180
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$160
$107
Orbitz.com
$109
$55
  • Pool
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$149
$125
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
$639
$484
$469
Bookit.com
All reviewsboutique hotelcontinental breakfastbeach barocean frontsecurity ladyseven mile beachcomplimentary rum punchan ocean view roomnegril beachfresh towelsdouble sinkssmall hotelsun beachevery morningupon checkrooms are beautifulfirst morning
Reviewed August 13, 2013

7 mile beach is beautiful and that is the only redeeming quality of sandy haven. The staff is unprofessional, unfriendly, and worstly expectant of tips for poor service. When we gave the bellman $200 jmd for taking our 2 small suitcases to a cab, he claimed he couldnt buy anything with that. The reviews on the breakfast are true, it takes forever and is not worth it. No hot water in the rooms and the fridge only fits beer or wine bottles. Worst of all, though, are the owners who favour lighter skinned people, and it is so obvious. Look at their responses to reviews, and you can already tell they are rude and feel superior to everyone else. This place could ruin your trip.

Room Tip: Beachfront, better yet stay away
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank candace b
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't know where to begin. Upon arrival to the resort we were greeted by Pops followed by delicious rum punch. We had a first floor oceanfront room that had a view that was breathtaking. The Jamaican Breakfast is a MUST you won't be disappointed. Andre and Orlando are two of the BEST bartenders. Melissa was one of my favorite waitresses. The beach is very relaxing. The resort has security at the entrance as well as the beach area to make sure your safe. Overall I can truthfully say I did not want to leave and I'm already planning my next trip back.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank The1nonlyvdot
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed for 8 nights at the end of July and had the most wonderful time at Sandy Haven. After a long day of traveling, we were welcomed at the front desk with refreshing rum punch brought promptly to us. We stayed in the 2nd floor in a garden facing room. We did have 1 problem with our toilet, however it was fixed, the staff was very attentive to us at all times. Some shoutouts worth mentioning: Loyette our waitress was always incredibly friendly and provided great service at both breakfast, and dinner ; Kayon gave us impeccable service for all our random front desk requests and at the shop at the front of the hotel, and our taxi requests. We also cannot forgot Merrill, our wonderful housekeeper that kept our room tidy and even helped us get a mattress pad for our bed. Orlando + Andre were also super friendly at the bars, providing great conversation and gave us tips on what to do while visiting Negril. The staff really made for a wonderful vacation while visiting Jamaica, and we have already talked about coming back to this hotel with friends and family.

Room Tip: Any room is good! we stayed all the way in the back upstairs and we loved it! Very spacious compared to other hotels!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tara T
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our 4th stay at Sandy Haven, and it just gets better and better. The room was as comfortable and beautiful as ever, and the beach was as gorgeous as ever. The breakfast was outstanding. They have mastered Blue Mountain coffee and brew it to perfection. The fruit plate is fantastic. Over four days and with a group of seven we tried just about everything on the menu and it was all delicious. In fact all their food is good, we had all our lunches there and we did dinner at Bongo's one night. Their Jamaican dishes are excellent. The service has gotten better too. Melissa, Andre and Pops are unfailingly helpful and pleasant. I love the turn-down service at night. We always got fresh towels which was a nice bonus. I also love that there are thick fluffy towels everywhere on the beach and at the pool. Beautiful property, the decor is magazine-worthy, lots of detail, and the garden area is lovely and tropical.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are my favourites, especially Room 115, at the end. I could wake up and walk out on my terrace and order my coffee right there in my PJs. Plus I can go back and forth between my room and the beach easily. I never felt any lack of privacy when I was in the room as I usually had the sheer curtains drawn.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank artemis_98
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We visited Sandy Haven after finding a Livingsocial deal. What a find! The service is so friendly and top, top notch. While the dining options are definitely pricier than what you can find wandering the beach (which I urge you to do when you visit), they are DELICIOUS. Bongos' dinner is beautiful and tasty. Sit at the bar any time of day (and until about 10pm) to chill with the friendly bartenders and sip up the Red Stripe and rum punch while you listen to the ocean. Complimentary continental breakfasts were included, so we enjoyed our morning meal on the beach each day. The rooms are clean and room service is excellent at keeping them that way. Get to know your neighbors, too, this makes the stay even better!

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room. We didn't, and still LOVED our stay, but would've enjoyed a room a tiny bit closer to the action and with a view of the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple