“Fanfriggentastic Lobster !!!!”

Cuisines: Jamaican
Canada
“Fanfriggentastic Lobster !!!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Just another lil secret on Bloody Bay. The Office of Nature is a quaint lil place, friendly, oceanfront and no problems mon. Great lobster cooked perfectly. Sit have a drink, wait for your lobster and soak in the atmosphere of laid back Jamaica at its best. Always great conversations to be had with the people running the place. Prices have come up slightly over the years but what has not gone up. Goin back next month. Irie mon.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank lisadarcy

• Polish first
Carleton Place, Canada
“Great Fresh Lobster”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We ate here the second last day of our vacation...you can't get lobster any fresher than this! We paid $20 each for one..it came with rice and bread. Delicious! Kind of a rustic place...but probably the best $40 I spent in the area!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank RobbieO H
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Office of Nature”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have to agree with these posts.The office of Nature thats a round wooden bar is the best.We found this place the last day we were there and I was sad to have to leave.Everyone was so nice and talkative.Although we didn't eat the lobster we met some locals. One of the cab drivers Grogory walked down the beach with us and gave us sort of a tour of lots of things on the beach.He's such a sweety.It is definattly a place I am going to go back to.Next time though I am going to try the lobster.As that was my first visit I didn't know what to expect.Now I know.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Becky D
Detroit, Michigan
“True Jamaican Experience - Great Food!”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

What else can I say about the Office of Nature?? Located right in the middle of Bloody Bay in a small, uninhabited part of the beach between the behemoth AIs. Just a small wooden type bar setting with a small radio playing Jamaican music. Locals hang out and there are little craft stands near by for souvenirs.

I spent a lot of time here when in Negril (stayed at BGN.) LOVED IT!!! The Lobster is fresh and served with redbeans and rice and toast......it tasted amazing. The red stripes are cold and fresh, and the people are fun to be around. Be ready to get hassled for Ganja, but it's not bad.....and a positive if that's your thing.

I absolutely loved it here. It is literally feet away from the water and a must go if you are staying on Bloody Bay. Let's put it this way - I was there every day, if only just for a Red Stripe and to converse with the locals.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Ron M
San Diego, California
“Unbelievable Lobster w Oceanfront Dining - Authentic Jamaican Experience”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

WOW! You can not say you have been to Jamaica unless you have eaten a lobster at Office of Nature on Bloody Bay. This is not "fancy", by any standards but it is the freshest lobster (pulled out of the ocean, live in front of you), inexpensive, most beautiful experience you will have dining in your life. You don't dress up (swimsuit is dress code), you walk up and meet some of the nicest people you will ever want to know - a BIG HELLO to Pepe, Grass, Robert, everyone else - have properly poured drinks (no all-inclusive pours here) at a well-situated bar, and lobster or fish (no REAL menu, just what the fisherman brought out of the sea) with rice and bread. The guys are very knowledgeable about everything local - ask Pepe about Blue Hole or anyplace/anything else you have heard of while Grass cooks you the perfect meal. Have a swim while you wait or just soak up some sun and incredible Jamaican culture.
You cannot go wrong here if you are a seafood lover.
(Ladies I have to mention-actual clean restrooms on the beach-unheard of!)
IF YOU ARE IN NEGRIL, LEAVE YOUR ALL-INCLUSIVE, COME HERE FOR REAL JAMAICA.

• Visited August 2011