“Fenominial!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of JuJu Tours

JuJu Tours
Ranked #5 of 77 Tours in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: When hearing the words "tour company", most people picture the big, stuffy tour bus, packed with strange travelers. JuJu Tours is the complete opposite of that stereotype! We are an American owned company whose number one goal is to meet American standards. While practicing safety and maintaining professionalism is our number one priority, JuJu maintains a very laid-back "vibe" on all of our outings. Our tour guides are both knowledgeable and energetic American and Jamaican nationals. In order to offer our customers the best of both worlds, one female and male tour guide from each country attend all tours – dreadlocks, flip-flops and all. Every outing is completely private, for both big and large groups, allowing our guests to have a more intimate trip and customize the excursion to their liking. No other tour company on the island offers and delivers such personalized experiences. JuJu has over forty tours to choose from. Large groups, families with kids, couples - we have something for everyone. Amongst our array of different choices, both “touristy” and “off-the-beaten-path” excursions are available. Our primary mission, however, is to live up to our tag line “Jamaica Unleashed, Jamaica Uncovered!” Whether it be the secret cliffs to jump from, the limestone caves to explore or the rustic restaurants to enjoy a true Jamaican meal, we aim to help our guests discover Jamaica’s hidden charms and treasures. Proudly, JuJu is also the only company on the island that officially offers nightlife tours to the local dance clubs and reggae beach bars. We understand travelers tend to be hesitant about leaving their resorts, (most especially at night), and that is why two tour guides join all parties inside the venue and take them home at whatever time they choose. We have safe and comfortable vehicles of all different sizes. Roundtrip transportation, admission into all attractions, an authentic Jamaican lunch and beverages (yes, that includes booze!) are included with all tours. We also throw in a complimentary high-res photo CD of each trip for each customer.
Bronx, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fenominial!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We had two of the most amazing guides ever. They were super nice to us and it was worth out money. We want snorkeling then visited booby cay island and ended with lunch I'm originally from Jamaica and never had this much fun before I will definitely be doing this again. Wonderfullll

Visited December 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“True local experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

JuJu Tours is the best! Our tour guide, Oneil, took my husband and I to an amazing local restaurant set on the cliffs of Negril for a jerk chicken dinner. It was the best jerk chickenn we had throughout our entire trip (and we tired it all!). It was our Thanksgiving dinner and we couldn't have been happier.

Angi is a helpful and responsive guide. Anyone visiting Jamaica should take a JuJu Tour!

38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Juju Tours Made our Honeymoon the Most Memorable Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I visited Jamaica this past November for our honeymoon. We didn’t want to do any of the Tours through our hotel (Sandals) because they are way too crowded and way too commercial for us. Not to mention they are the same tours that the cruises stop at – we didn’t want to experience Jamaica with hundreds of other tourists. That is when we found Juju Tours online – they offered “off the beaten path” tours. I contacted Angie and she responded right away. We booked 5 tours with her for 2 separate days. She was very friendly and easy to book with. We received discounts for bundling our tours on the same days and were given the option of doing our ours private (just us and the guides) or with a few other people. We decided to do the private tours because it was a our honeymoon. It didn’t cost us anything extra to do this. After booking we received a tour confirmation. Angie also followed up with us about a week before our trip.

Day 1: Mayfield Falls and Blue Hole Mineral Spring

Angie and Rowan picked up us at the hotel at 10am. Our first stop was Mayfield Falls (my favorite of all the tours we did). We did a river walk through the jungle. The entire tour we only saw one other couple and the scenery was beautiful (not filled with a hundred other tourists). Lush vegetation, crystal clear blue water, beautiful waterfalls. It was amazing. Angie and Rowan took pictures the whole time. After Mayfield Falls, we stopped at a local Jamaican restaurant where Angie and Rowan bought us fresh snapper. It tasted amazing and it was great to have some local food (not the typical resort food). We then headed to the Blue Hole Mineral Spring where we jumped down into the turquoise blue mineral water – so much fun! We had the option of staying and hanging out at the pool there, but we opted to head back to the resort at that point. I really liked that everything was on our time. If we wanted to stay at one place longer, we could. If we wanted to leave, we left – Can’t do that when you’re on a tour with 20 other people! Before dropping us off at the hotel, we wanted to stop and get some Blue Mountain Coffee beans to take back home – this was no problem for Angie. She knew exactly where to stop and got us the best deal!

Day 2: Appleton Rum Estate, YS Falls, Floyd’s Pelican Bar

Angie’s coworkers, Kelsey and Aaron, picked us up at the hotel at 8am. We stopped at an ATM to get out money for the day. Our first stop was Appleton Rum Estate. I thought it was thoughtful that they took us here first so that we weren’t doing the tour soaking wet from YS falls. Appleton Rum was nice, we toured the facilities and got to taste all the rums. We received a free souvenir of a small bottle of Appleton’s Rum. Again, Kelsey and Aaron were taking pictures the whole time! WE then headed to YS falls. We stopped for some Jamaican beef patties (a local dish) – they were great! We got to YS falls and took a small shuttle up to the falls. It was absolutely beautiful! This location was a bit more crowded with people than the other places, but we still had so much fun. After YS, we headed to the Pelican Bar (my second favorite tour). We got on a local fisherman’s boat who took us out to sea in order to get to the Pelican Bar. We even saw some crocodiles along the way which was a cool bonus. The boat ride is about 20 minutes. When we got to Floyd’s we were welcomed with smiles and a warm lobster dish. It was our favorite meal of the trip, and one of our most favorite meals ever in our lives!! The flavors were so bold and delicious – I could have eaten 2 or 3 plates! We hung out at the pelican bar for about 2 hours and watched the sunset. We had the best time!!

Juju tours provided us with the best experiences that we couldn’t have gotten anywhere else. We felt safe the entire time and my husband and I feel like we have made true friends that we can hang out with next time we visit Jamaica!!

Fernley, Nevada
“Amazing Trip, Amazing Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Angie is hands down the best tour guide, and now friend, we could have asked for! We toured the Appleton Rum Factory, Pelican Bar, and Rick's Cafe. Along the way we were able to experience Jamaican culture and even better enjoy authentic food! She was professional, knowledgeable and fun for both tours. The Pelican Bar was truly an experience we won't soon forget. Angie's knowledge of the island and charm made the trip truly exceptional. The price was extremely affordable. She offered us a chance to get away from the resort and really experience what the west end has to offer! Thank you!!! I can't wait to go back! I am missing her JuJu Rum Punch! Much love!

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“NIght Snorkeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I'm a little late writing this review, but I was in Negril Nov 7-15th. I researched & researched and decided that I just had to go snorkeling....... at night! I emailed a few times back and forth with Angie and explained that I would be visiting by myself and would she be able to accomadate me by myself on a night snorkeling trip. She was happy to help & even tried to find someone to go with me. However no one wanted to go which was still fine.
She picked me up Sunday night promptly at 5:30 PM. She provided a lot of background and interesting facts about locations that we passed out to Bloody Bay, where we were taking a boat from.
We sailed out to a reef about 10-15 away from where we started. There was another boat from couples in the area, but they didn't stay long at all.
It was everything I wanted and more, We had underwater flashlights and an underwater camera. I saw a lot of different animals (sea cucumber, lobsters, urchins, starfish, a HUGE crab & other things I can name or remember). We swam about for about 1.5 hours? Cant remember as I lost track of time.
There was only one thing that happened that freaked me out, but I caused it. For some reason I "forgot" that I could swim. After jumping off the boat I was like "Ohhhh Noooo, I'm about to sink to the bottom of the ocean and die with no one to save me". Yes, I had a slight panic attack, not sure why? Probably because of the unknown. Angie asked did I need to get back on the boat, and I was no (I was NOT about to let this chance pass me by!). I was fine after about 5 minutes or so.
After we arrived back at the car, Angie asked where I wanted to eat at, what did I have a taste for. I said something traditional. We went to Sweet Spice & it was delicious and it was included in my trip (to my pleasant suprise!).
At dinner we talked forever like we were old friends!
After she dropped me off, She gave me her number and told me to call her if I needed anything! Which I did, lol.
I cant wait to go back, hopefully soon, and will be definetly giving her a call or email

1 Thank Kwanza J