“The tour company with YOU in mind!”
Review of JuJu Tours

JuJu Tours
Ranked #3 of 77 Tours in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: When hearing the words "tour company", most people picture the big, stuffy tour bus, packed with strange travelers. JuJu Tours is the complete opposite of that stereotype! We are an American owned company whose number one goal is to meet American standards. While practicing safety and maintaining professionalism is our number one priority, JuJu maintains a very laid-back "vibe" on all of our outings. Our tour guides are both knowledgeable and energetic American and Jamaican nationals. In order to offer our customers the best of both worlds, one female and male tour guide from each country attend all tours – dreadlocks, flip-flops and all. Every outing is completely private, for both big and large groups, allowing our guests to have a more intimate trip and customize the excursion to their liking. No other tour company on the island offers and delivers such personalized experiences. JuJu has over forty tours to choose from. Large groups, families with kids, couples - we have something for everyone. Amongst our array of different choices, both “touristy” and “off-the-beaten-path” excursions are available. Our primary mission, however, is to live up to our tag line “Jamaica Unleashed, Jamaica Uncovered!” Whether it be the secret cliffs to jump from, the limestone caves to explore or the rustic restaurants to enjoy a true Jamaican meal, we aim to help our guests discover Jamaica’s hidden charms and treasures. Proudly, JuJu is also the only company on the island that officially offers nightlife tours to the local dance clubs and reggae beach bars. We understand travelers tend to be hesitant about leaving their resorts, (most especially at night), and that is why two tour guides join all parties inside the venue and take them home at whatever time they choose. We have safe and comfortable vehicles of all different sizes. Roundtrip transportation, admission into all attractions, an authentic Jamaican lunch and beverages (yes, that includes booze!) are included with all tours. We also throw in a complimentary high-res photo CD of each trip for each customer.
Hannibal, Missouri
“The tour company with YOU in mind!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

First off let me thank Angi and Garth for sharing with us some of the authentic Jamaican culture. During the whole booking process...leading up to our trip...and even after...she made it feel very comfortable.

We booked our trip for April 16th. We booked 3 places. YS Falls, Black River Safari, and Pelican Bar. Garth picked us up bright and early at our resort. There is another couple that went with us, Kris and Lisa, and they posted there own review on here. After Garth picked us up we made a quick stop at a local grocer for some ice and cups we were off towards YS Falls. On the drive Garth was very informative and told us all different things about the Jamaican culture and history. On our way to YS we stopped at a little fish stand on the side of the road. As soon as we stopped the car was surrounded by woman who wanted us to buy there bread. Garth was quick to shoo them away and took us to a nice lady towards the back and we watched her make our fish. I am not a fish person...but this was pretty dang good. I think it was snapper. After we got done eating, it was off to the falls.

YS Falls is beautiful. Water as cold as...you know.There were many activities to do here, swim in the falls, jump off the rope swing, ride the zip-line, relax in the mineral pool. There are a lot of great photo ops to be had here. We happened to arrive there when another tour was going on, I think they were from a cruise ship. Needless to say there was a VERY long line to get on the shuttle to take you up. But Garth just looked at us...said hang on to each other...and to the front of the line we went. Pretty sure we were getting cussed out in a different language, but o well, we were threw the line. After a while we were on our way to the Black River Safari.

On our way to Black River we stopped at another place to eat. If we would have been in the states this is a place that I thought would have been condemned. But as it turned out, it was a really nice surprise. It turned out to be basically a Jamaican drive threw. The kitchen had about 10 big pots of food cooking. Curried Goat, oxtail, fried chicken, and a few other things that I cant remember.

Black River Safari was probably my least favorite thing we did. We saw about 4 or 5 alligators, a few different birds and many different varieties of plants. It was informative and neat to see, but I am just saying that of all the amazing things we saw and did, this was our least favorite.

The last stop on this busy day was the Pelican Bar. This place is awesome, Garth got us a local captain to take us out. Because of the quick thinking of Garth he got us a boat that was closer to the bar because the weather looked like it was about to rain. I dont know if i have ever been to a cooler place. A bar....in the middle of the ocean...are you serious. This is not only a tourist stop, but locals call this their home also. We got to play domino's and just hang out with everyone. We also met Floyd the owner. He made us feel very welcome. Probably the best part of our day.

All and all i highly recommend JuJu tours. Because of the small size of the group you can make the tour as short or long as you like. An added bonus is that your tour guide takes pictures that are included in your tour price. Garth made our trip very fun and made us feel like family. If you are coming to Jamaica, make JuJu your preferred tour company.

London, England, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“You really MUST try JuJu! Fantastic and Ethical!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Whatever you are planning in Jamaica, Look at JuJu Tours website, they do not offer 52 seat bus tours everything is 1 to 1 you will see the real Jamaica and real Jamaicans if you want or just enjoy the marvellous sights and adventures. We were shown around by Angi on our anniversary and Garth 2 days later both were fabulous giving us a once in a lifetime experiences. Angi organised a privet beachside blessing for our 25th anniversary followed by a tour of Bob Marley's house in Little Bay, Lunch then sunset boat trip followed by a magical dinner experience! Garth took us to Bob Marley Museum 9 mile and Dunns river falls. Both tours far exceeded our expectations. JuJu are an ethical company putting back into the local communities, please think about helping with some of the supplies they list as required on their website. I cannot Recommend JuJu enough, if any body wishes to ask me about them be prepared for a long conversation!!

Fort Smith, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wonderful excursions!! Made new friends in Negril.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We did two excursions with JuJu Tours. The first day our excursion included YS Falls, Black River Safari, and the Pelican Beach Bar. It was just my husband and I and one other couple, and we all had a great time. Our tour guide was Garth, and he went above and beyond to let us experience and get a taste of the real Jamaican culture. Pelican Beach Bar was a really cool place, and it was probably my favorite of all because I got to play dominoes with some of the locals and just had a blast!! The second day, we were with Angi, and we did the horseback riding and Blue Hole Mineral Spring. Angi was so much fun and felt like an old friend from the start. It was so cool to get hear her story and how she came to live in Negril. The horseback riding was so much fun, and our guide, Rudy, was so nice and patient with us. The tour was just my husband and I and was so private and intimate. Rudy took us on a trail ride, and then we got to ride our horses out into the ocean. It really was a once in a lifetime experience. After that, we went to the Blue Hole Mineral Spring and jumped the 25ft jump down to the Blue Hole below. Make sure you do the lime stone scrub in the hole. Your skin will feel so soft afterwards. Angi then took us to Bourbon Beach for the best jerk chicken we had our entire trip. (We are still talking about how good it was)
We have been on many tours and excursions that you get grouped into large sets and are herded around like a bunch of cattle. This was nothing like that in any way. We were basically treated to our own private tours with the best of the best for guides. My husband and I both feel like we have made new friends in Negril. We would definitely recommend using JuJu tours if wanting to book a tour; I know that's who we'll use when we come back.
Thanks Angi and Garth for two wonderful days.

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“best part of our trip was this tour!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We did the countryside and blue hole mineral spring tour with Angie. We booked not knowing what to expect and had the most memorable experience of our stay in Jamaica with JuJu tours. Talk about off beat trip! We got to see the real Jamaica and in the process made a friend in Angie. Very professional and courteous! JuJu tours does not operate on Jamaica time she was right on time!

Rochester, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Angi was amazing. I didn't book the tour, but my friend did. The driver picked us up at Sandals Negril on time and we spent the day with Angela seeing Negril. We went to Rick's Cafe for some cliff jumping and then on to 3 Dives for some Jerk Chicken and to watch the sunset. Angi was pleasant, enjoyable, and knowledgeable. She took some fabulous pictures of all of us. We were a multigenerational tour group, ages 1-50. She accommodated everyone's needs and made our day really special. She even arranged for a special red velvet birthday cake for the Birthday boy!! Everything was smooth and we couldn't ask for better. Juju Tours is top notch and I definitely will be calling them again next time I'm in Negril!! Thanks Angi!!

Visited March 2013