“correct and very cheap for Negril”

Mariners Negril Beach Club
Ranked #81 of 85 Hotels in Negril
bordeaux
“correct and very cheap for Negril”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

simple room with a balcony and with 2 double beds for 43 euros per night at the end of may. The hotel is big, not so beautiful but it's enough and in fact, it's confortable and we have slept very well for two nights. The hotel is old but they do their best for the customers.
The hotel is on the beach and in a good place.
For wifi, you have to pay 12 us dollars per day and in our room, you must stand up at the door to receive or you can go in the lobby.
We recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Negril, Westmoreland, Jamaica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I JUST SPENT 10 DAY'S AT THE NEGRIL BEACH CLUB. VERY CLEAN GREAT PEOPLE AND THE BEST BEACH ON THE BEACH. RESTAURANT WAS GREAT. had some isues with plumbing but was taken care of right away. deal with jean when you comunicate. kennytours was our transportation, reasonably priced new vehicle's very claen and very good and informative driver's. traveled sun came back on wed. airport's were empty. got lucky with american using kennytours.com web site kenny's recommended package's, then book travel, then on left fill in airline info. 200 to 300 different combination's to get their all airline's within a minute. in first part of jan got round trip ticket's for $255 including taxe's american. negril very safe you wonder anywhere and nobody bothers you. a few people trying to make a dollor tell them no and they go away. hotel's, bar's, restauraunt's let you wonder any where. beach is controlled by the chamber of commerce so you can walk the entire 7 mile's of beach with no problem's. night life a little light. pretty much a day time beach sun and fun type place very family orientated.

Room Tip: if you are used to 4 star don't stay in a 2 starr and expect 4 starr service remember you get wh...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kenny D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I booked a 1 bedroom suite based off the picture on the web site even though the reviews were not that favorable.But I got exactly what I paid for and the price you can't beat it. I will surely do it again!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank vsdavis
Montreal, Quebec
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

I booked this hotel via hotwire as Negril Beach Club Resort--please go and take a look at their photos. They show and classify the hotel as 3 star resort. The photos show wooden floors, large area room...in short, a nice 3 star resort boasting fitness facilities, jacuzzi, free wi-fi, room service, etc...
This needs to be investigated by Hotwire, but in the meantime I don't want anyone else to go through what we did.
I booked several days before arrival--we were already in Negril and I walked up the beach to check on the rooms because I figured maybe Mariners had been sold, rooms added, renovated, whatever. The front desk supervisor refused to show me the room pictured on site, citing that they were full but assured me that would be the exact room we would receive.
Well, when the time came to check in they said everything was full and we would have to wait.
Wait, we did...over 2 hours, only to be shown a decrepit room with old toast full of ants and roaches in the toaster, burnt countertop, no hot water....in short, a room I would not let my cat sleep in.
Went back to lobby, asked for the room I booked, was informed they were overbooked and that's all they had. I said, I won't stay here..they said fine...the penalty was 25.00 and one nights charges.
I said fine, I'll take this up with Hotwire which I give kudos for refunding me.

I'm writing this because this hotel deserves to be closed,. and I don't want anyone to be screwed like we were. Incidentally, upon changing the hotel name it has 3 stars and 4 out of 5 stars for reviews. The only problem is upon reading the reviews they seem to be for Beaches Negril. I've informed Hotwire of this fact as well.

Hotel staff were liars, con artists and well versed in bait and switch.

Room Tip: I was not shown any room except one--awful. The rooms shown on Hotwire I do not believe exist since...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank fuzzyeti

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

We booked this hotel in mid November to come over our Christmas Break through hotels.com. We reserved a room for 4 people and paid in full. The pictures on hotels.com expedia show hardwood floors, comfy beds and nice open space. So far from the reality.

We came in 2 am on Christmas day extremely travel weary and just looking to pass out. They brought us upstairs to a room which can only be described as horrific. First there was ONE double bed -- no sofa, love seat. The carpet and bed linens were stained, the bathroom was disgusting, the refrigerator was leaking, stove was full of rust and the cabinets were hanging on hinges. There was no soap, no toilet paper and no towels. Oh and there were bugs. We immediately went down to complain.

The woman proceeded to tell us that it was OUR fault b/c we checked in so late. I'm sorry but isn't that the point of making and paying for a reservation? Aren't you supposed to hold our room for us? We asked for the manager (not in ...not sure when he'll return). We tell her point blank we need sleeping arrangements for all of us and a CLEAN room. She shrugs her shoulders. A maintenance guy overhears us and says he can sneak us into a room that is currently closed b/c it's being renovated. It's terrible but at least has 2 beds.

The next morning they offer us NOTHING! I call hotels.com who proceeds to say they can't help us at all. We ended up calling hotel after hotel on Christmas day looking for anywhere to stay.

Never in my life have I ever been treated so rudely or expected to stay in a place that resembled the projects for that amount of money. You could not pay me to go back there. This hotel came very close to absolutely ruining our vacation and we are STILL arguing over them refunding our money. AVOID this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Go ANYWHERE else!! We stayed at the Westender which is a nice quality hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Cristina625
St. Catherine, Jamaica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

The property is good, but the service is horrible. On this ATTEMPTED trip, after booking a reservation weeks in advance, upon calling 2days before to ensure that all is in order, found out that they completely erased all my information and had no availabilities.The woman was rude and told me it was my fault for not taking a name of the person who took the reservation and i should call back later,and when i asked for the manager,she swiftly said she was busy going to help someone and hung up on me.When calling repeatedly afterwards,they would not answer the phone.later on when someone finally did,they said no management was there at that time,im sure they knew it was me too.STAY FAR,they might screw you over too.

Room Tip: Dont choose any room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank tgrant_11
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

this hotel was in need of a serious overhaul but it was cheap and it was just a place to sleep

Room Tip: i found the rooms at the top of the hotel to be more quieter in need of
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo