Mariners Negril Beach Club
$162
$101
$55
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$89
$59
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$141
$111
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$165
Bookit.com
$1,189
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I love Beach Club. If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable room with friendly service and THE BEST beachfront, Beach Club is the place. This was the place I stayed on my first visit to Negril. I've tried other hotels along the strip, but always come back here. Getting your room can sometimes be a little hairy because they seem to overbook often, and truly, that is my only complaint. The rooms are very large and they all have refrigerators. Most of the people who stay here, have been here often and you can get tips and ideas from them as well as the staff.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Just a heads up - if you book at Mariners you must specify the type of room that you want. Standard rooms are "hotel" rooms and do not have kitchen facilities. If you require a room that has a kitchen make sure to mention this when booking.

I booked 6 rooms for my family and friends and I worked with Nadine. She answered all of my questions and replied to all of my emails in a timely fashion. Upon arriving to the property around 1pm our rooms were not ready, however the front desk allowed us to leave the bags with them so that we could go to market to stock up on food and beverages. We used the driver on site and he gave a very reasonable round trip rate. By the time we returned all of the rooms were ready. All of the rooms we were assigned to were great! They were well maintained and nicely furnished, clean, spacious, and all had a full kitchen. Nadine was also kind enough to book all of the rooms on the same block so we did not have to go far to walk from room to room. Everyone loved their rooms and had no complaints!

The pool and hot tub were clean and we spent a lot of time at the beach bar listening to music and chatting with the bartenders. The food at Lingah was great - they had some of the best coco bread I've had on this side of the island. NBCC/Mariners is on a great area of the beach. The property is within walking distance of the roundabout/banks/markets. The lobby provides free wifi and we brought our laptops down as needed.

Thanks to Nadine I will book at Mariners again.

Room Tip: Must ask for room with kitchen if you want one
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2011

my father in law stayed here when i got married the bar closes early but apart from that a great place to stay ,if you want night life its central to it all,chill out and enjoy what negril is all about, i liked it so much i lived in negril for 1and 1/2 years but due to bad weather [unusual] iwent back home ,but i still recommened mariners to my freinds as it a great hotel on the beach with no frills just as you want it,me and my wife stayed here a few times as we lived in sheffield and found the staff great,if you want a clean safe room with a great location this is the place

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Staying at this hotel ruined my vacation. The night I arrived I was told they had no rooms available because they were overbooked. I presented them with my prepaid travel voucher through a major travel website & they had no record of receiving my reservation. They sent me to their sister hotel, The Carribean Sunset Resort, for one night which was located on a hill above Negril Square. The hotel was in an undesirable location, looked like a ghost town & was not in easing walking distance to the beach. I was picked up at 8 am the next morning & brought back to Mariners Negril Beach Club but had to wait until 12:30 pm for my next room to become available. Two days later I was moved to yet another room. I had to check out of my second room at 11am & my next room was not available until 1:30pm. That makes 3 rooms in 6 nights. I was packing & unpacking the entire stay. Some of the rooms at this time share hotel are nice but others are in serious need of repair & upgrade. Many guests had my same experience & I was told by a nearby hotel owner that this hotel routinely overbooks.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank FloridaSassy
Reviewed February 15, 2011

On 1/6/11 I booked and paid for our Negril, Jamaica vacation. All charges were made to my card and confirmations were received via e-mail.
We arrived at Negril Beach Club Resort on 2/9/11 around 3:30pm. I was told by the desk clerk that they were overbooked and had no rooms available for the first 2 nights of our stay. She was going to contacted a sister property, which she called comparable, to see if they had a room. The Caribbean Sunset Resort is where she placed us and this location was not comparable. I had booked and paid for a condo/studio beachside with a kitchen, balcony, TV, air conditioning, and garden view. After discussing my displeasure with the situation and desk clerk telling me there was nothing she could do about it we took the cab to the hotel she had contacted. She stated that anytime we wanted to come to the property we booked have the desk at the Caribbean Sunset call for a ride and they would come and get us. (The free ride never happened)
This location was NOT comparable to what I had booked. It was not on the beach side of the island and it was on the hill in town. My room had a double and twin bed, TV, air, and a dresser. I was very displeased but decided to stay the night there and go back to Negril Beach Club Condo’s in the morning and speak with them. The location I had picked put us walking distance to the area of what we wanted to do. The location they moved us to put me in a taxi for the night which I had to pay for not the hotel.
The next day I returned to the Beach club and spoke with the desk clerk again explaining that were they put me was not satisfactory and I was not pleased. She went into the office for a few minutes and upon returning stated she did not have a room and we would have to stay at the Caribbean for another night. I asked for a refund so I could get another hotel on my own and she could not do that. After 30 minutes of debating this situation with her I was at her mercy and went back to the hotel they had sent me to.
The next day we checked out of the Caribbean Sunset at 11:00. I had the desk clerk call for a ride to move our luggage. There was a debate over who was picking us up and who was paying for the ride. After 20 minutes of that I agreed to pay the driver for the ride. We had to place our luggage in the office area until they had a room ready for us to check in. Upon the hotel direction I was to come back at 1:00 and our room would be ready. I returned to the hotel around 1:30 to check in. Upon arriving I was informed that the room they was giving us was a timeshare unit and it was only for 1 night and we was going to have to move the next morning. The room we were put in had no kitchen or balcony and the TV didn’t work.
The next day at 11:00am, check out time, I went to the desk to see where they were moving us to. The desk clerk told me to bring my luggage upfront and come back around 1:30 and they would have a room ready. At this point, my answer was no. I didn’t want to place my things in the front area again. If the check out time was 11:00 then the room they were moving us to was empty and we could put our luggage in it and out of the way of housekeeping. She agreed but couldn’t figure out if the room was empty even though the check out slip was done and the key had been turned in. She asked me to come back in 45 minutes and she would have everything figured out. I went back to the desk as asked and the clerk wasn’t sure about the room. She walked to the room and returned to let us know we could move our stuff to the new room and put it in the closet so housekeeping could clean. We did as instructed and placed our bags in the closet but again this was not the room I had paid for when I booked. I returned to the desk and asked if they had the room with the amenities I had paid for. She told me they did not and they were not going to have one empty. In the new room there was no TV, no kitchen, no balcony, and the refrigerator did not work.
As you can see, the room I paid for was never given to me. The additional expense that we had based on this was never offered to be paid by the hotel. No apologies, dinner, breakfast, NOTHING!! We went from a planned vacation to a room hoping nightmare. The plans we had of preparing 2 meals a day in our room and eating dinner out was gone. It was very costly to eat out 3 meals a day instead of the one we had planned. The cab rides from the first hotel to the attractions on the beach was paid for by us not the hotel. Not once did the free ride offered at Negril Beach Club happen.
As an added note, thru the checking in and out process we were not the only victims of this poor excuse of overbooking. Several people was told exactly what I was told when they was trying to check in.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple