-Our destination in Negril was Legend Beach Resort.
Now, I had been reading a lot of reviews about this
place for the past 6 months, many of them were pretty
harsh (some of them on Trip Advisor was total [---] I think)
on this place and I was really worried about staying here................but my worries soon faded as we were greeted by friendly faces at the check-in desk.
Legends is your basic beach hotel, nothing fancy, very clean, very very friendly staff and the food and drink selection at the bar as well as the atmosphere in the restaurant was awesome to say the least. From the check-in desk, to the house keepers, to the waitresses, bar tender, you name it, everyone was very accomodating and friendly. By the 2nd day, they were calling us by our names and made every effort to provide us with what ever we wanted.
The beach was not very big, but there was plenty of room for all the beach chairs, umbrellas, etc and plenty of room to just lay out in the sand and run around. The staff cleaned the beach every morning.
We stayed on the Garden side of the resort, we had 2 room side by side. They were very basic, clean, very comfortable beds and of course, cable tv, air conditioning, and a balcony. The gardens were very well-kept and the pool was big and inviting.
Our first meal at Legends was just to die for. We were greeted by "Mama Yvonne" one of the cooks and she would be the lady serving us every day we were there. On the menu, Curried goat (yum) curried chicken, rice and peas, fresh veggies some of the best dessert on the island.
As I said before, some of the reviews really tore this place down, but I can't imagine why. The food was just awesome.
We had the all-inclusive plan which worked out great for us being a family of 5. We had our 3 meals each day and unlimited drinks from the bar from 10am to 10pm. They had a 2 page listing of mixed drinks to choose from, draft beer as well as unlimited Ting, Pepsi, fruit juices, etc.
There were some reviews on here about the bar service and that you could only have rum punch, not so!! Believe me, most of the stories and harsh reviews are probably just a crock.
Mike, the security guard at Legends, is a very nice and fiercely loyal fellow to the resort and to the guests. I always made sure to buy him a Red Stripe and drop him a few bucks now and again.
WORD OF ADVICE: Use bug spray with Deet for sand fleas. When the sun goes down and if you are not wearing repellant, you are toast!!!
Now folks, I told you about the friendly people (staff) at Legends and here are a few of them. Yvonne works in the kitchen and serves the food at the buffet line; very generous portions and you can always go back for seconds, contrary to some of the other reports here. Angela works the bar and is a very pleasant soul. Some of our servers; Celia and Theresa, loved them. Always friendly and always eager to please the guests.
For a family of 5, this was right on the money and the all-inclusive is the way to go. It's not a 5 star resort, just your basic, clean, friendly and family oriented little resort. We had lots of fun and we looks forward to going back.
We have stayed at 4 star even 5 star resorts in the past (when we had less kids of course) but we would not trade this experience at Legends to go anywhere else.
If you need any further info, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Legends Beach Resort is a beachfront boutique hotel situated directly on the famous 7-mile white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. This friendly and intimate resort commands breathtaking views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea embraced by miles of powdery white sandy beach. Legends is located in a prime section of Negril within walking distance of shops, water sports, entertainment and local restaurants. The resort comprises two sections, one on the beach and one lushly gardened section across the street. Within the garden section is a large pool surrounded by a spacious sundeck. The beachside section also contains a small pool. Other hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, gift shop, safety boxes at reception, massage treatments, and tour desk. The resort's beach frontage on Seven Mile Beach provides access to shallow, sandy-bottom water that remains calm in nearly all weather conditions. Free roundtrip shuttles transport guests to partner resort, Samsara Resort, on Negril's seaside cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Legends Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Hotel Negril
- Legends Jamaica
- Legends Beach Resort Jamaica
- Legends Negril
- Legend Beach Resort Negril