Ok let's see first I will tell you about the hotel rooms. There are two sides a beachside and a gardenside and I must say that both look very nice. I was on the gardenside and it was very nice. It has a great swimming pool in the back and it is very clean. the room all have two double beds in them and there are no exceptions. I will say that can be a good thing if you are coming back from the beach and want to lay on one bed and watch tv or if you get one bed sandy before you go to sleep. Well anyway I think I would like to stay on the beachside next time (and yes there will be a next time) just because you don't have to cross the street which really is no big deal but that with the fact that you have to walk a little bit to get to the beach is a little annoying. The only reason I say that is because it makes it harder for you to just go back to your room rreally qfuick if you are on the gardenside and it is alot easier if you are on the beachside. My suggestion would be stay on the beachside it is well worth the little extra you will pay. Now as far as cleanliness you won't have a problem the maids are very good at what they do and trust me they are very nice. I would recommend you bring two extra bath towels and two or three beach towels I will explain later. As far as the bath towels though they take them around 10 0r 11 to be washed and don't bring them back until 4 or 5 pm so it can be a little bit annoying but they are just doing there jobs. Now as far as a few things the maids will do for you. They will do your laundry for you if you need just make sure to ask them how much and this way you can agree on the price they are very good at doing this for you and very cheap.
Now as far as the beach and guards go. The beach is beautifull and it is well taken care of by both the gardner and the security guards. The beach is one of those places that the people walking by will still try to sell you things but as long as your polite they will keep going. If you just don't want to be bothered at all just ask the guard which is on the beach all day to not let anyone bother you and he won't. The guards are very nice and very helpful so don't be mean to them don't forget they are helping you so don't be afraid to start a conversation with them they will talk with anyone and do it with a smile. The beach has four cabbanas and if you want one get there early 7-745 am and you won't have a problem any later and you might not get one. There are beach chairs there and you should bring your beach towels to save your seat just incase you do get a prime beach spot which you will figure out what that is when you get there. I know I really liked the fact that when you put your towel down everyone respected the fact someone was there.
Ok now the bar there is only one bar and it is near the beach right before you go on the beach actually. This is not a bad thing though because it is close you can get your drinks and go back to the beach with ease. You will also be in this area which they have a full dinning area for breakfest lunch and dinner. Again don't be afraid to talk to the staff I highly recommend it they are great people let them get to know you and trust me they are all great people. As far as the food goes I liked the food but I must say that not all the time. No this is not a bad thing there are many places to get food and you might need to do this every once in a while. I was there 16 days and only did this 2 times. The cooks work very hard to make your food very good so don't forget to tell them if you liked there food they really appreciate compliments.
Ok now about shopping and money. There are plenty of places to shop you have time square across the street and you can take a cab to the hi-low or the supermarket which is a 5 minute cab ride talk to Chunky he will help you out he will be the short guy right outside the gate. Just ask for him make sure to agree on a price it should be about 300 jamaican. I would also recommend you find a printout of the conversion rate it is usually around 60 jamaican to 1.00 us. There is a cambio near by so you are situated by everything you might need.
Now as far a tipping goes. I would say you should tip the staff they all work hard and if you need to find out how that goes email me and I will tell you how I did it. You need to go trip advisor and I will be jamaica 0701 just post the question and I will see it. That is unless they will actually show it in this post.
Ok so now that I said really everything I can about the hotel if you have any other questions please email me I will tell you about places to go things to do and other things if needed.
Please tell everyone you see at the resort (STAFF ONLY) That Rich & Satia say hi and we will see them soon. Especially yvonne the cook and Angela the bartender. Thanks to everyone for reading this and please enjoy Jamaica it is a wonderful place to be. NO Problems Mon.
Rich & Satia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Legends Beach Resort is a beachfront boutique hotel situated directly on the famous 7-mile white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. This friendly and intimate resort commands breathtaking views of the shimmering turquoise Caribbean Sea embraced by miles of powdery white sandy beach. Legends is located in a prime section of Negril within walking distance of shops, water sports, entertainment and local restaurants. The resort comprises two sections, one on the beach and one lushly gardened section across the street. Within the garden section is a large pool surrounded by a spacious sundeck. The beachside section also contains a small pool. Other hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, gift shop, safety boxes at reception, massage treatments, and tour desk. The resort's beach frontage on Seven Mile Beach provides access to shallow, sandy-bottom water that remains calm in nearly all weather conditions. Complimentary roundtrip shuttles transport guests mornings and afternoons to partner resort, Samsara Resort, on Negril's famed seaside cliffs, where reefs providing snorkeling and scuba-diving directly off shore. This Jamaica resort offers 50 guestrooms arrayed on the sea side of the street extending through Negril parallel to the beach and across the street in a lushly gardened section. Buildings feature exteriors of pastels and vibrant colors. Ceiling fans and wood-louvered windows provide an alternative to rooms' air conditioning. Decor features tile floors, tropical-wood furniture, and richly colored fabrics. Fresh blossoms strewn about rooms greet guests on arrival. Coconut palms and lounge chairs with soft red cushions line the resort's frontage on Seven Mile Beach. Water-sport rentals, including jet skiing and parasailing, are available. Vibrantly colored buildings, blooming tropical gardens, and an open-air restaurant and beach bar manifest a friendly oasis to meet new friends, enjoy reggae music and discover exotic cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Legends Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Hotel Negril
- Legends Jamaica
- Legends Beach Resort Jamaica
- Legends Negril
- Legend Beach Resort Negril