“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Easy to find your way around the resort. rfect for the price you pay. The food is amazing. The staff we're very friendly. I would recommend for a next trip. The cliffs are amazing. The water is so beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank inadi187

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

if you're looking for a nice relaxing place to stay on negrils beach scene this is your place to go. Its no secret that you have people trying to hustle you on the beach all day in jamaica but they have great security that makes you feel comfortable and SAFE!!! All in all a great experience and I would definitely go back at any given time.

3 Thank Bouzi514
kitchener
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from legends. Overall I had a great vacation. The staff were all very nice and helpful. Security are great. Donovan is super friendly and happy. Dwight is also. Mike is quite but is always looking out for you. A very respectable man. Paul, the manager, is always around and very helpful.

This is a hotel not a resort. 50 rooms and a beach front restaurant/bar. Two pools. Small one beach side and big one across the road. We loved the pool across the road.  It was like having our own pool and hangout.  I never seen anyone over there.  At night we would take drinks and music over and chill out with a night swim.  If you're not looking to venture out then this may not be the place for you because of the size.  Although you have full access to samsara (sister hotel) on the cliffs. And free transfer. The hotel is in a prime location to access all the great spots in Negril. We walked the whole beach, downtown and the cliffs. Feel free to stop in any hotel and look around. We did. As long as it's not all inclusive they welcome you always. The beach is always public property as it should be. So you can walk through the AI resorts on the beach. They are on the north end of negril.

We did the all inclusive and the food was good. There are so many amazing places to eat in negril so if can afford it then don't get the AI. We were on a budget and it was cheaper to get it. $27 dollors a day extra was worth it for the drinks alone ;). Drinks are made strong. But were good. They have a drink menu with plenty of options. Also you can eat and drink at samsara( a great place) with your AI. Bring a thermos so you don't have to go back as often and it keeps it cold.

Rooms were simply. Very clean. Cleaned everyday. Two big towels and a small one everyday. Water was hot. You'll need to put more cold on than hot. As for pressure, it's like a fire hose. It's great. All the taps are the same. Also water in Jamaica very clean and delicious. Drink away. We had two double beds and the mattresses were fairly new I think. Some rooms have a king bed instead.  There is AC but I didn't use it much. The fan is really big and powerful. That's all we needed. Lots of tv channels I think. I watched an hour of the football game and that was it.

$22 a week for a safe which is in the office. It's small and very deep. It's accessible between 7am and 10pm. We kept our passports and wallets in there. Although after staying there I'd just leave it in my room. The place seems very secure.
$1 a day tax is charged at the end of the week. That's the same at any hotel. They require a $100 deposit which will be returned to you at the end of the week. As long as you dont rack up a phone bill and bar tab. You can also give a credit card. I gave cash and then used it at the airport to buy duty free stuff. ( note. Alcohol is cheapest at the airport and you buy it after you check your bags.) They have a crossing guard to stop traffic which can be helpful. A pool table and ping pong( nothing professional about them but good fun while having some rum drinks).

Overall legends had everything we needed and we had no troubles.

Side note for any new people to negril. Don't be afraid of hustlers. They will stand there waiting to do anything for you and may become annoying. My advice ( I've been there about 10 times) is to take notice to whos around all the time and introduce yourself. Find a guy you like best and stick with him. Anything you want in negril they can get for you and cheaper. If you see some thing in a store downtown tell your guy and he will get it cheaper. Tours, cab rides, good places to eat, anything!  Also everyone will leave you alone if your with a guy. And they'll know trust me. You will be respected for doing so. A few guys I met that I liked are Toto, Antonio and Alex. If you're unsure who to trust ask Donavan or mike(security). So when your walking the beach and someone starts to hustle you, all you say is I get everything I need from Toto or Alex or who ever. And that should work. It's a strange system that I'm really starting to get.
Negril is awesome. Don't stress anything. No one expects you to know these things and its cool. You can sit in your chair all day and everything you need will come to you. Fruit, cigarettes, food, music, you name it. Spend your money. Don't ask how much. Say what you'll pay. Actually say cheaper. That applies for everything including cabs. Tell a cab driver you'll give him $4 for a cab to ricks cafe(a must see). Chances are he won't say no. If he does theres another cab right behind him who will take you. If you ask him how much he might say $20. Taxis have red license plates. Bargaining is fun.
If you're gonna smoke weed do it at your hotel. The locals smoke it everywhere. Don't be like that. A cop might make an example of you. Take it to the back pool with some drinks.
Have fun. Respect mon. IRIE

19 Thank sunmandan
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

My first stay in Jamaica, Negril and this hotel. My room was at the beach side and everything was just fine. King Size bed with good mattress, clean room, and bath-room, tv, AC and nice terrace. Are you looking for the 'couleur locale' where the staff knows your name in 1 day, go to Legends. You will feel as part of a family in no-time. You will be greeted with a big smile in the morning. I arrived with a heavy cold, half ill and without asking, I was offered a special drink with lemon to make me feel better. I booked all-inclusive and got more than what I needed. I got a home-feeling next to being in a hotel. The cooked food is put on your plate, but you always can go freely for a second time if you want more. Every day the bed was made, every day fresh towels. When possible, the restaurant-bar staff always takes some time for a chat. The same for the gardener or the security gay at the entrance gate. He also helps people to cross the road from one side of the hotel to the other side, as the hotel is build on both sides of a busy road. Still, a few meters further on the road there are traffic lights to cross safely if the security man is busy and you don't want to wait for him. I have been travelling in different countries but never experienced a more friendly staff than in Legends! The beach is not wide but this goes also for a long end of the coast there. I had a dream-vacation with a lot of excursions and I surely will go back there if I have a chance in the future.

To the complainers on this site:
1. the one who expects a 5-star room, a 5-star hotel service or choice of 5 plates for 1 meal, needs to pay double for a 5-star accommodation in a big resort where he will be number 823 and surely he will find something that is still not at his taste.
2. Rude personal? No way! I put the question in another way: How rude were you to them? Treat people as you want to be treated. If you give friendliness and a smiling face, you will get it double back! Give respect and you will get respect.
3.Take information about the country you will visit, it's people and their way of living before you book. Get information about everything you can, including the regular food so you don't say the eggs were not great when in fact you ate ackee, a fruit that is used as breakfast, read about their laws of behaving and respect their ways. It is we who have to adapt to them, not they who have to adapt to our way!
4. Complaining about music in the evening? My God! You are in Jamaica! Reggae country! You can't sleep of the noise? Put ear-plugs as I always do when I go travelling!

People of Legends: Thank you all for giving me a wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: If you don't want to cross the road, ask for a room at the beachside.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank Ingrid G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I loved the Legends resort. It was our first ever all inclusive and were pleasantly surprised. The food was great. The staff was always helpful and polite. The beach was perfect and the water was so warm and clean.

1 Thank Drewski5285
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

firstly we arrived at this hotel n the 7th of september this year when we arrived we was a bit dissapointed to say the least but once we found our feet this place was perfect for the location to party on the beach till the early hours in the morning. Staff at the hotel Micheal the security was a fantastic guy felt safe as houses with him also paul the manager was very polite the maids were fantastic. The only downfall to this hotel was that the food was rank just my opinion some people may like it but i didnt , if you want jet skys, ask anthony 2 chains, just next door, you can trust him, nice lad..would stay again because overall good time there....

Room Tip: rooms on south side quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Val D
Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I just returned from a 5 night stay at Legends. It was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. We have done the big all-inclusive with the kids and we just didn't need that this trip. The best quality is definitely the price. We had a spacious room on the beach side. Our room was clean and we had no problems. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a great location. There are many places to walk to and the beach was wonderful. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely stay on the beach side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple