Let me be clear about one thing. If you want a 5 star experience, suck it up and pay for a 5 star hotel. Legends is fantastic value for money. The rooms are basic but comfortable, but you're there for the beach anyway. The food is homey and nothing special, but it's made with love by Big Mama!
We stayed beachside. The air on was noisy, but we got used to it. Nice patio and a decent shower. The furnishings have seen better days, but, again, if you want pristine, go to a Hilton.
The staff are amazingly friendly once you get to know them. They, like most of us, respond to politeness and friendliness. If you're rude or treat them like servants and don't tip, they're not going to knock themselves out waiting on you. If you say please and thank you it goes a long way! We found the ladies really took to the kids. So much so that when my sister and her husband visited as a couple a few months later, the staff asked not only about their kids, but mine, too.
If you go all-inclusive, there are some limits on the types of drinks you can order, but there's still plenty of choice. (And for the love of all things holy, go easy on the rum punch. They do NOT mess around...) if you can, order a la carte one night and have lobster 'pon de grill. It's worth the extra money!
Tip Michael the beach attendant at the start of your trip and he will make sure you have loungers, shade if you want it, and will keep an eye on your things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Legends Beach Resort is a beachfront boutique hotel situated directly on the famous 7-mile white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. This friendly and intimate resort commands breathtaking views of the shimmering turquoise Caribbean Sea embraced by miles of powdery white sandy beach. Legends is located in a prime section of Negril within walking distance of shops, water sports, entertainment and local restaurants. The resort comprises two sections, one on the beach and one lushly gardened section across the street. Within the garden section is a large pool surrounded by a spacious sundeck. The beachside section also contains a small pool. Other hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, gift shop, safety boxes at reception, massage treatments, and tour desk. The resort's beach frontage on Seven Mile Beach provides access to shallow, sandy-bottom water that remains calm in nearly all weather conditions. Complimentary roundtrip shuttles transport guests mornings and afternoons to partner resort, Samsara Resort, on Negril's famed seaside cliffs, where reefs providing snorkeling and scuba-diving directly off shore. This Jamaica resort offers 50 guestrooms arrayed on the sea side of the street extending through Negril parallel to the beach and across the street in a lushly gardened section. Buildings feature exteriors of pastels and vibrant colors. Ceiling fans and wood-louvered windows provide an alternative to rooms' air conditioning. Decor features tile floors, tropical-wood furniture, and richly colored fabrics. Fresh blossoms strewn about rooms greet guests on arrival. Coconut palms and lounge chairs with soft red cushions line the resort's frontage on Seven Mile Beach. Water-sport rentals, including jet skiing and parasailing, are available. Vibrantly colored buildings, blooming tropical gardens, and an open-air restaurant and beach bar manifest a friendly oasis to meet new friends, enjoy reggae music and discover exotic cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Legends Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Hotel Negril
- Legends Jamaica
- Legends Beach Resort Jamaica
- Legends Negril
- Legend Beach Resort Negril