Legends turned out to be a great trip. The water and beach were excellent. Bar service excellent. Breakfast very good, lunch OK, dinner good. If you are coming for the food, this is not the place. Mama the cook made the very best of what she had, but it was limited. Somethings like instant mash potatoes stand out.
The rooms were good. Not beachfront, but clean and simple. It would be about like a Quality Inn or Econo Lodge.
One thing to keep in mind with this location is the Jamaican hustle. Pretty much everyone around you is constantly trying to hustle you in one way or another. The difference between here and resorts in say Mexico is the hustle is everywhere and just gets to be old after a while. There is not one single thing you can do without the hustle. Samasara does give a nice relief from the hustle.
The bonus of being able to go to Samsara was a real plus. You do not have to go at the scheduled times, it is only $5/couple outside the free shuttle, so if you want to take the 10am and come back early or go late and catch the 4pm back it is only $5/couple. The pool, bar, and general set up are better at Samsara, The benefit of Legends over Samsara is the beach, and being able to walk to other spots. The water at Samsara can get rougher than some may like to get into.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Legends Beach Resort is a beachfront boutique hotel situated directly on the famous 7-mile white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. This friendly and intimate resort commands breathtaking views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea embraced by miles of powdery white sandy beach. Legends is located in a prime section of Negril within walking distance of shops, water sports, entertainment and local restaurants. The resort comprises two sections, one on the beach and one lushly gardened section across the street. Within the garden section is a large pool surrounded by a spacious sundeck. The beachside section also contains a small pool. Other hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, gift shop, safety boxes at reception, massage treatments, and tour desk. The resort's beach frontage on Seven Mile Beach provides access to shallow, sandy-bottom water that remains calm in nearly all weather conditions. Free roundtrip shuttles transport guests to partner resort, Samsara Resort, on Negril's seaside cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Legends Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Hotel Negril
- Legends Jamaica
- Legends Beach Resort Jamaica
- Legends Negril
- Legend Beach Resort Negril