We just spent 10 days at Legends I Negril and I have to say that I wouldn't go back there,
THE GOOD: the staff - the staff was wonderful and exceptionally helpful. Danielle at the bar could be friendlier. Her personality changed from day to day.
THE BAD: the food. The owner seems to be trying to save money by serving chicken and rice, along with some form of pasta at most lunches and dinners to fill up the guests with very low quality food. Breakfast was the exception where you could get omlets and scrambled eggs made fresh for you. FOODS ARE LEFT UNCOVERED SO THE FLYS ALWAYS HAD AO ETHING TO EAT.
The Ugly: the water. I'm talking about the water served at all meals. It is NOT PURIFIED. One would assume the water that the staff serves you would not be tap water, BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WAS IT IS! Management seemed very unconcerned when guests began getting ill. So ill that some guests had to seek medical attention! I lost more than 3 days of our vacation due to the 'local' water.
The nightclub next door - on 3 different nights the music from next door kept us awake until after 3 am. Granted, management cannot do anything about this, but it ruined our sleep for three nights.
My advice, stay somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Legends Beach Resort is a beachfront boutique hotel situated directly on the famous 7-mile white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. This friendly and intimate resort commands breathtaking views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea embraced by miles of powdery white sandy beach. Legends is located in a prime section of Negril within walking distance of shops, water sports, entertainment and local restaurants. The resort comprises two sections, one on the beach and one lushly gardened section across the street. Within the garden section is a large pool surrounded by a spacious sundeck. The beachside section also contains a small pool. Other hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, gift shop, safety boxes at reception, massage treatments, and tour desk. The resort's beach frontage on Seven Mile Beach provides access to shallow, sandy-bottom water that remains calm in nearly all weather conditions. Free roundtrip shuttles transport guests to partner resort, Samsara Resort, on Negril's seaside cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Legends Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Hotel Negril
- Legends Jamaica
- Legends Beach Resort Jamaica
- Legends Negril
- Legend Beach Resort Negril