“Experience the local flavor!!!!!”

Legends Beach Hotel
Ranked #37 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed January 1, 2013

A perfect location to experience the local flavor. Hotel was kept clean and staff friendly and welcoming. The loud music from nearby clubs, would prevent me from returning to Legends. Would not recommend all inclusive option, as food in nearby restaurants is far superior. Staff had difficulty making change, when paying in the restaurant with cash. Never to our benefit, it seemed.

Room Tip: A great place to experience the local flavor. Hotel was fine, however, the late night loud music f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank donna w

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have just returned from Legends and my family and I made the best of it while we were there. we did get the all-inclusive, but wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on drinking your moneys worth. THE FOOD was HORRIBLE and they have you on a time limit of when you can eat. If you get there and the "hamburgers" are gone then they are gone, they dont make extra even with an hours left of the allotted meal time. We ended up eating out the last 3 days because the food was soooooo horrible, we went next door to Kuyaba and had some of the best food ever. be warned there are a ton of cats that come during meal times, if your a cat fan you will love it if your not you will hate because they beg like dogs! The beach was nice and we stayed there most of the time because our room had nooo thrills.. MICHAEL is the best thing that legends has going for them, he helps keep the hagglers at bay and keeps the crazy locals away, if you need anything like jet skis he will get you to the right person. staying here you to do get a better feel of local life if thats what you want, we had to cross the street to get to the beach everyday (garden side) which is annoying but were glad later because the music next door on the other side is CRAZY loud. the rooms are very basic: bed, bathroom, table, tv (from the 90's) nothing else and the closet looks so gross we never unpacked. BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS, or prepare to buy some when you get there.. they only provide bath towels and we had to ask for those repeatedly!! i will not be returning to this hotel, but would stay next door with the nicer rooms and better resturant.

Room Tip: Garden side much quieter..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tiffany C
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I am a seasoned traveller, but was not prepared for how across the board terrible this place turned out to be. Service, food, beach, and pools were just bad. There is little to no security and local drug dealers, prostitutes, and peddlers virtually roam this small resort. It is necessary to cross a busy street when walking from rooms to the beach and bar. I tend to disregard negative reviews figuring the reviewer was disgruntled or sour, but I am seriously trying to help anyone considering Legends to know it is not wise or enjoyable to stay there. I left three days early because it was so bad.

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank zygotic
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Beach is beautiful but it almost seemed prettier when we took a walk a ways down the beach and had lunch at another resort. The water seemed crystal blue elsewhere and a bit murkier at Legends. Not sure how that happens!? Lots of hagglers on the beach not had a problem after a firm and polite no. It was actually kind of fun to experience. If you walk higher up from the shoreline, on each beach resort property, you will be less likely to be harassed due to resort security. 2/5 nights at Legends we were literally rocked to sleep with heavy, beating, vibrate your bed kind of music. We were happy to be moving to Samsara for the last 5 days of vacation with the exception of missing the beach and breeze. The rooms are clean at Legends. Bring your own shampoo, soap, and beach towels. Lots of people on the all inclusive plan brought insulated cups for beverages. We did not go all inclusive because we like to get off the resort for experiences and would be bored otherwise. Food at Legends, however, was fine. We ate breakfast buffet there on a few mornings. Mama is smiley and kind. Staff was pleasant. Michael, beach security, seems to bust his butt. Loved the little convenience store just outside the property, opposite the beach. Cheap sodas for a day of exploring. Don't be afraid to leave the resort and take a walk. Downtown was bustling, however, and we felt a bit overwhelmed. During our stay we saw a young man who was drunk beyond comprehension, piña colada always in hand. Even started to have a bloody nose, as staff tried to help him locate his girlfriend. I never saw this man cut off. Same man, respectively, cut off at Samsara. I am a people watcher so I was entertained by the chaos on the beach. I loved watching people trying to sell sugar cane or rasta men playing their guitar. Heck, I was even a bit entertained watching the drunk man stumble all over the property (but he should have been cut off!!). Legends....It was an experience. I was intrigued and I'd do it again!

• Stayed: December 2012
7  Thank catchthetrain
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I also got sick from drinking the water. Almost everyone we spoke to that was staying at Legends this past week got sick, some very sick. I am back home now and still recovering. Stomach in a lot of pain and constantly running to the bathroom. When I wasn't sick I had a good time, but all the activities I had planned to do except snorkeling had to be cancelled because I was too sick and didn't feel comfortable straying too far from the hotel. I loved the staff, but I think I would not stay at Legends again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Pyygarr
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are at the resort now and many of us have gotten ill. We believe that it is from the water. After 7 days here, we were just informed that it is not boiled or purified. They serve this water daily at dinner and have a pitcher that you can get a glass yourself at the bar. You would think that the management would inform the guest to only drink bottled water! I have been in bed for two days and my friend 3 days, and one trip to the doctor/pharmacy to get $50 worth of meds. Not my ideal vacation!
The staff is very friendly and sympathetic to our plight. The food is pedestrian at best. MaMa couldn't be nicer and Michael watches us at the beach, from the loads of peddlers and pot smoking locals. The rooms are clean, but could use refurbishing. The faucets are old and work sporadically. On certain nights the bar next door hotel plays incredibly LOUD music that rocks the doors and windows till 3 AM.
Save your money and go to a nicer hotel!

Room Tip: Stay on garden side to avoid noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hinesdar
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a blast... We stayed garden side which we felt gave us a chance to cross the main road a little more often which added to exposure to of the culture... We have never stayed at a boutique hotel before mostly just the bigger resorts.... Legends changed our opinion of travel... Local life was the best part of the trip... The hotel staff was very personal and some even remembered our names...yes, bring every thing you might need for traveling and bring small bills for tipping and buying things because everyone wants some of the tourism money... We did a couple tours with the locals and we recommend doing the same... This was a great experience not just for the beautiful beach and amazing sunsets but Jamaicans are extremely proud of their culture and it seems as though everybody wanted you there to has a good time... Legends is really in a prime location for everything, we even used the same taxi driver all week... $5 gets you anywhere... The nonstop approach on the beach can be a little much at 1st so your best bet is to say "no needs mon" trust me it works.. We thank Legends staff, Michael goes out of his way for you as wellas Danielle at the bar area... and Donovan... And Grassford, he sang the rain away the last day we were there, he sang all morning at the top of his lungs until the rain stopped.. Priceless... We are planning our next trip already...

Stayed: December 2012