Legends Beach Hotel
$313
$190
$90
$65
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$78
$192
$160
$854
$484
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
1,005 results
All reviewssister resortcrossing guardsecurity guyfree shuttlestop trafficbusy roadrooms are basicjerk chickentwo double bedslobstercable tvworked greatjamaican foodpattiesstar resortgreat guycallaloo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2012

On my first trip to Jamaica I stayed with three friends at Legends. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We noticed one morning our room had a leaky A/C but it was was promptly repaired within an hour. There are two sides ocean view and garden view. garden view is located across the street. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to ocean view. All of the staff were jovial and helpful, and a pleasure great to converse with. Michael is amazing at his job your things are safe and sound on the beach. I went snorkeling every day and everything was always in tact when i returned after an hour or two. He keeps unwanted hagglers away who are harassing beach goers and allows you to relax. The food is alright, I ate around Negril and not much at the resort. The location is nice and a local taxi is 350$ each to the cliffs or there is a shuttle available to their sister resort Samsara. Its only a brief walk to downtown to explore. its also a short taxi ride to various night spots like Jungle or Alfreds. There no spa or fitness center on site which is one drawback but if that's not your thing it's a moot point. Whenever i'm in Negril even if i'm staying else where my dad and i always stop back to say and go for swim and to say wah gwan to the staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank PortableJohn
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My first time to Jamaica and I stayed at Legends Resort with my sister. The staff was so polite and were there to help in any way. We were very fortunate to meet the owner and his family and they were nothing but nice. I would suggest anyone that wants to see the true culture of Jamaica stay at the Legends Resort you will not be let down.
Denise from Florida

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank DRO48
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am really going to keep this short..please just go. Great location, Micheal takes care of the beach, anything here. Stuff left on the beach, vendors hanging around too long, umberellas etc. Big Momma keeps the excellent food coming all day and all night. Please try her lobster and her curry shrimp, you will not be disappointed (extra cost). We did not participate in any tours and just hung on on the beach all day as this was not our 1st time in Negril. However, I know without a doubt that I would go back to this hotel. Very relaxing, worth the 90minute drive from the airport. Great weather. Bartendars were great for the most part, but sometimes they could have been more friendly and willing to serve. Great all around though, cannot complain.

Room Tip: stay on the beach side if you want to be close to the action, however the garden side is great for privacy and families.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Veenstra
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Legends Resort is not only picturesque but perfectly located. Being on a public beach allows the traveler to truly appreciate the environs, the locals. What makes Jamaica, JAMAICA. Me and my friend, Amy, came to Jamaica expecting beauty, relaxation, etc...We got just that and so much more. We were able to listen to the local fruit lady call out, "Mangos, papaya, avocado, banana" in her lovely Jamaican voice; makeshift storefronts with local wares; local children frolicking in the crystal blue waters. The children! We were fortunate enough to visit during Jamaica's National Heroes Day and interact with the local children. Witnessed a boy doing somersaults on the sand; a girl offers up a live starfish and in her innocent smile, holds it up for me to take a picture. Jamaica, Jamaica.

We were also able to get truly acquainted with the local Jamaican vibe and strike gold in meeting our tour guide, Damion Anglin, a Negril local.

Damion frequents the adjacent restaurant, Jamaica Tamboo (you can't miss the Lobster Pizza sign). I can talk about the 'planned' tour he took us on to Black River and YS Falls, which were a gift to the senses, but it was the unplanned itinerary that captured our souls. After our visit to YS Falls, my friend Amy didn't think we'd make it in time back to Legends Resort and swim in the ocean while watching the sunset. We wouldn't have but Damion worked his magic and made it happen at nearby Bluefields Beach. The driver, Franceso, even offered to take pictures of us swimming at this majestic beach. Oh Francesco, our master photographer. We were even offered a private tour of nearby Bluefields Bay Villas. You'd think the surprises stopped here!

My friend and I had rumbling tummies and Damion, again, came through. He took us to his mother's house in the hills where we enjoyed a delectable fish stew prepared by his mother. What more can i say?

We noticed most visitors were traveling in groups. Two women traveling alone was not a common theme here and we knew that a third eye was required. Damion was our third eye. We purveyed the scene and noticed how many foreign travelers would chat it up with Damion. They gravitated towards him and our gut instinct told us this was our guy. For musical entertainment, he took us to local spots such as Bourbon Beach but elevated the experience with our introduction to Alfred's Ocean Palace.

I knew one paramount goal of mine was to listen to live reggae music. Yes, you can get that at the overly touristy Rick's Cafe but for you true lovers of music, go to Alfred's Ocean Palace, which is a hop, skip and a jump, from Legends Resort. Giddy as a child as I screamed to my friend Amy, "this is the Jamaica I wanted to experience!". I loved the soulful Adeeva! She performs Tuesday nights. A must see.

As the night winded down, we were able to walk up to the street and quite literally, wolf down, jerk chicken. There are no words.

Visitors of Legends Resort are given privileges (free shuttle service) to visit the affiliated Samsara Resort, which is about a five-minute ride. Samsara Resort is pretty and if you're looking for some isolation, and down time, go there but if you are looking to truly experience Jamaica, Legends Resort is the place to be.

In the words of Martin Buber - "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank RenSald
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Great place, staff is great and very friendly. I love the fact that is right on the beach! we just were a few steps from it. Love it and would stay there again!
Michael Security at the beach always very attentive taking care of us when we lounged at the beach.
Jennifer the bartender at the restaurant very sweet greeted us with a big smile everytime. Jeneque the receptionist was very attentive when we arrive and when we left as well. Everyone in the staff was very nice!

Room Tip: If you want to stay right on the beach, book the Beachfront room, you will have to cross the street if you are staying in the garden view rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends