“Wonderful Vacation”

Legends Beach Hotel
Ranked #38 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed 7 days all inclusive at Legends. The staff gave five star service making sure we had a wonderful stay. The food was delicious and adequate for what you we payed. Iesha made me a cake for my birthday which I did not expect , this was really nice and personable. Mike the beach man did an exceptional job at making sure we enjoyed your stay on the beach. The rooms at Legends were very clean and the yardman washes and swipes the entire grounds daily. The beach at Legends is very beautiful with easy access. If you are looking for a real taste of Jamaica and a reasonable price Legends is the place. The waiters are the best ( Danielle, Iisha,Shona, Tiffaney, Paul the manager and mama the cook.)

Room Tip: Rooms on the beachside are on the best side. The room across the road are the same but you have to...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 502RonaldR502

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great value for the holiday discount rate. The front desk staff and groundsmen were always so friendly and the dining staff efficient. Rooms were clean, comfortable and safe. The beach is absolutely beautiful despite the small portion of the 7 mile beach. And the option to also spend time at Samsara to enjoy the cliffs was a bonus. Overall a lovely, simple and comfortable place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank solocapri
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The rooms are decent and not the cleanest - you get what you paid for. They could use some renovation though. Get a room on the beach side. Otherwise, you will have to cross the main road and get to the beach.

Food was great. Not so much variety. However, loved the spices.

Room Tip: Get a room on the beach side. Otherwise, you will have to cross the main road and get to the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sanjay E
Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you are looking for a Breezes, Riu, Couples experience, this is not the place for you. However, if you want to get a real feel for Negril this is it!! You get what you pay for and the hotel was as I expected. Clean towels, hot water, and the air conditioner was functioning properly. My husband and I went for a short 3 day vacation to re-connect and thats excatly what we did. Roxann at the front desk was helpful, I lost my phone at the Jungle Club and the staff was able to locate it and return it to me. Mommas cooking was wonderful, and my bartender Malvina was the BEST! Very, very, very laid back. Will be returning SOON!

Room Tip: Beachside rooms are closer to the beach and the bar
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank RockyB816
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had stayed, along with my mother, and a group of friends, at the Legends from July 24th-30th.Our stay was perfect, peaceful, and well needed. We were there for my brother's wedding.I shared a room with my and her friend room 711. Two beds of course, and they were large enough that my mom and I slept in one. Our room was spacious, bathroom clean, and it had everything we needed. We were on the garden side, and our balcony faced the walkway, which had a lot of greenery. We were across the street from the main entrance and restaurant, beach.It can be challenging and dangerous crossing the blvd,(since drivers drive on the left and there are no traffic signs) but the Legends always had a crossing guard.Mommas food was delicious, creative everyday. Oh how I miss it. I also miss the Boston Cooler drink. All staff were great, The waitresses fun and sweet. Good luck to the one who is in college.The hotel is convienent to shopping and local restaurants, and a crafts market.All in all The Legends was a great choice for the money. Paul the property manager was always on site. He said he plans to add new bathroom fixtures in Septermber and a bar for the pool area in the garden area. This will make Legends even more nice. My recommendation for the hotel, it would be nice if there was spray/candles (non-toxic) for the outdoor restaurant part to ward off flies. Better beach lounge chairs, it would make the Legend even more special, I'm glad I read the reviews, and stayed here, and not Samsura. Samsura is a little out of the way, but it is near Rick's Cafe. Can't wait too go back!!!! Lynne from Oakland, CA

Room Tip: I had stayed on the garden side upper floor room 710. It was quiet, and near the pool. I probably wo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynne W
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Booked to stay here for 6 days with my family. When we arrived we were in shock. The pool is extremely SMALL. The restaurant is TERRIBLE. The bathroom by the restaurant stinks. The rooms are small and outdated. The air conditioner is so loud you can't even hear yourself think. The color of the bedding give me an instant headache. The staff were not accommodating. I stayed there for about an hour then took a taxi to find a better place for my vacation. Ended up staying at RIU. Thank God for RIU. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. DO NOT STAY THERE. Don't trust their pictures on the Internet. They also never gave me a refund.

• Stayed: September 2011
6  Thank Shintob
Reviewed August 13, 2012

legends beach chairs are the worst on the strip, they are dirty, nasty and old. how can the company put out those for people to use? If you are looking for a nice place to be, legends is not it!!!!!! If the chairs are terrible just imagine inside the rooms.

Room Tip: the Rooms hotel very nice
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo