“Little Paradise”

Ranked #35 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Oakland, California
“Little Paradise”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had stayed, along with my mother, and a group of friends, at the Legends from July 24th-30th.Our stay was perfect, peaceful, and well needed. We were there for my brother's wedding.I shared a room with my and her friend room 711. Two beds of course, and they were large enough that my mom and I slept in one. Our room was spacious, bathroom clean, and it had everything we needed. We were on the garden side, and our balcony faced the walkway, which had a lot of greenery. We were across the street from the main entrance and restaurant, beach.It can be challenging and dangerous crossing the blvd,(since drivers drive on the left and there are no traffic signs) but the Legends always had a crossing guard.Mommas food was delicious, creative everyday. Oh how I miss it. I also miss the Boston Cooler drink. All staff were great, The waitresses fun and sweet. Good luck to the one who is in college.The hotel is convienent to shopping and local restaurants, and a crafts market.All in all The Legends was a great choice for the money. Paul the property manager was always on site. He said he plans to add new bathroom fixtures in Septermber and a bar for the pool area in the garden area. This will make Legends even more nice. My recommendation for the hotel, it would be nice if there was spray/candles (non-toxic) for the outdoor restaurant part to ward off flies. Better beach lounge chairs, it would make the Legend even more special, I'm glad I read the reviews, and stayed here, and not Samsura. Samsura is a little out of the way, but it is near Rick's Cafe. Can't wait too go back!!!! Lynne from Oakland, CA

Room Tip: I had stayed on the garden side upper floor room 710. It was quiet, and near the pool. I probably wo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynne W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Booked to stay here for 6 days with my family. When we arrived we were in shock. The pool is extremely SMALL. The restaurant is TERRIBLE. The bathroom by the restaurant stinks. The rooms are small and outdated. The air conditioner is so loud you can't even hear yourself think. The color of the bedding give me an instant headache. The staff were not accommodating. I stayed there for about an hour then took a taxi to find a better place for my vacation. Ended up staying at RIU. Thank God for RIU. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. DO NOT STAY THERE. Don't trust their pictures on the Internet. They also never gave me a refund.

• Stayed September 2011
6 Thank Shintob

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

legends beach chairs are the worst on the strip, they are dirty, nasty and old. how can the company put out those for people to use? If you are looking for a nice place to be, legends is not it!!!!!! If the chairs are terrible just imagine inside the rooms.

Room Tip: the Rooms hotel very nice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank jackie p
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had our wedding ceremony in Samsara (belong to same owner) and stayed at Legends. With all inclusive you get access to both! Food and selection of drinks is amazing! Beach by Legends is small but lovely, very clean. Staff is very nice and friendly. We took a small private boat trip to pirate caves and it was great! If you pay guys a little extra, they will get you fridge full of beers too. Only downside is mosquitos! They do nothing about them :( most of us got shewed in a restaurant and by the beach. I hope they will work something out. Will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Elena L
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My best friend and I stayed here to celebrate her birthday (4th stay at Legends). We had a great time. Our rooms were clean with the lovely smell of bug spray. LOL. While bug spray is not the best smell, for the amount of mosquito bites I have from being outside, it is nice to sleep without the fear of being attacked in my sleep.

Legends is not a fancy place. You are provided the basics. When I travel to Jamaica, I just want a clean/safe place to sleep and shower. The rest of my time is spent wandering about or being on the beach. You are within walking distance to shopping, corner stores, restaurants and nightlife. If you want to do something in the hills, just take the shuttle up to Samsara. From there you can get another view of Negril, walk to Rick's Cafe or eat at Ciao across the street (great jerk chicken alfredo and jerk chicken pizza).

If you get a Garden Room at Legends, security will always help you across the street. Please wait for them. Jamaican's drive crazy (compared to the US). If you feel any of the locals are bothering you selling their wares on the beach, just let Michael know, he will ensure you feel safe and your vacation is pleasant. Also, if you only eat the cake at the restaurant, you will have lived. Mama makes the best cakes, EVER!

My only advice, bring washcloths and make sure to have your own toiletries.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank FlyRae
Nj
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family booked 3 rooms for 5 nights. When we arrived late that evening to check in. Our rooms were assign to 603, 605 & 612. The smell of garbage as you enter the court yard across the street. The garbage is behind our rooms and you could smell it in the room too. The luggage had to be drop off across the street and drag back across the main road to our room. HUGE puddle of water was in front of each room. Our luggage got wet along with our feet. Rooms were not cleaned properly, a request was made for clean sheets (none came). The rooms were filled with mosquito, HUGE roaches. We did not sleep that night. ( no clean sheet) Our 6 months old baby was bitten badly. My niece who is diabetic; a refridgetor was request for her meds before the trip. We were told, we have none and don't know when she could get one. "her meds require a fridge". No care was given to our needs. Someone at the front desk ask us " what do you what us to do?". We had to leave to find another accommodation. We paid for 5 nights, but was told we could not get NONE of our money back. I had a very sick baby (after the mosquito in the rooms) and a diabetic without any way to store her meds.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank S P
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I spent our honeymoon here. We had been looking forward to this trip for months. All I can say is the staff was amazing. Mike the security guard is awesome. He has not only to deal with the constant wave of people trying to hustle you on the beach but he does it 14 hours a day 6 days a week...and he's always pleasant! All the bartenders were awesome. Tiffany was my favorite. I bought two mugs in the gift shop the first night and not only did she clean them for me, she filled them up constantly with beer..and I didn't even have to ask for a refill once. My wife was on crutches and they made ever accommodation for her. Tiffany the bartender even hugged her when we left! We got the same treatment every time we went to the bar. The food was good, it's buffet style so you have to get up and get it (unlike some reviewers who expect to be waited on) and the lady (who's name I didn't catch) was always smiling and very pleasant. The people at the front desk were no different. We would certainly come back to this place! I will say this, if you aren't laid back, Jamaica might not be the best place for you. They are on island time, so they chill. Thank you Legends for a great honeymoon!

Room Tip: Rooms on garden side are quieter, but rooms on beach side are closer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple