“Quiet, Beautiful Stay”

Ranked #48 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Ontario, Canada
“Quiet, Beautiful Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

The Beachcomber provided my family and me with a wonderful stay. The location is amazing - on the most beautiful beach in Jamaica. The staff helped us with our every need and made us very comfortable. The room we stayed in was spacious and extremely clean. We also had a huge patio where we could comfortably eat outside. The design of the outside of the units is stunning.
We'd definitely return!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

I had the wonderful pleasure of staying at this resort a couple weeks ago, and to say that my experience was a ‘pleasure’ is an understatement. It was an absolute joy, and it’s with great pleasure that I submit this review of the property. I should point out that I’ve had a fairly parasitic relationship with tripadvisor, (poaching information at will while not leaving any at all of my own experiences for public consumption), but my time at this particular hotel has forced me to change this habit, and provide my first-ever installment on this forum.
Let me start by saying that as a frequent visitor to the island, that I have had the good fortune of staying at many of its large all-inclusive resorts including the Superclubs, Sandals, and new Spanish resorts, which have all been consistently and incredibly good, if even at the expense of monotonous, robotic redundancy ( I will get back to this point in a minute). Beachcomber is by no means that, but not for the worse. In fact, the size, amenities, and character of this hotel in some ways offer distinct advantages over the larger monstrosities that litter the island. As you will see, it’s large enough without the feel of a mass-produced/consumed land-bound cruise ship. (If I remember correctly, an all-inclusive experience can be had at this hotel at additional cost, but we opted for the room-only service so I cannot comment adequately on the all-inclusive experience at this hotel)
The suites are absolutely HUGE!! And well appointed. Our room had 2 bedrooms,2.5 large bathrooms, a living room, a full-service kitchen, foyer, and balcony. Tiled floors, king-sized beds with canopy. Simply amazing. The grounds are well kept, well manicured, and absolutely beautiful.

The hotel is certainly not without its flaws – which are few. The initial room that we were assigned, for example, had an electrical outage (or circuit failure) and was oppressively hot. But before we could even unpack our things, this problem was quickly remedied by the staff, and we were promptly found a new room. The bar-side pool lacks for size, but who really goes to Jamaica for pools when pristine white-sand beaches are steps away? And I should point out that beachcomber occupies some of the nicest beach that Negril has to offer.
Perhaps the highlight of my stay was the pleasant experience with and service by the hotel staff. Not only were they helpful with above-mentioned room issue, but throughout our stay, they were consistently smiling and continuously helpful. Props to the bartender by the way, who might possibly be the nicest, most pleasant person, that God has ever created. Food service was excellent.
In all, my experience at beachcomber has been incredibly positive, and I plan on going back there as soon as I get back to Jamaica. To think that I had initial reservations about staying here because of a previous review (re: security), I can now think of nowhere better to stay when I am in Negril. Certainly, one can have the generic experience offered by the larger (and at times overwhelming) all-inclusive resorts, but, if it’s a quintessential high-quality Jamaican experience that one’s after, my money is on Beachcomber.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Schererville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

We just got back on Thursday the 17th of June from one of our many trips to Negril, We stayed at the beachcomber club as we have done many times in the past. i have to say even with the economy being down around the world the staff still kept it up beat and very friendly and accomdating attitude.
Lilly at the front office was especially helpful, for all our needs. if you want to stay some where that makes you feel at home and comfortable the Beachcomber is the place to stay!
BB

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2010

We have come to the Beachcomber for nearly 15 years . . . now we have two young children, and they think that this is their "home" in Negril. Great staff - always clean. And you cannot beat the beach - absolutely perfect for our family.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Fenwick Island, De
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

I would def. go back this was our first time there. We meet our friends there that have been gng there for the past three years. The staff was very friendly. Paul was very nice, he showed the kids how to catch lizards with palm he always made sure that our chairs wihere pulled out with towels every morning....Lily was very very nice, and so was the bar staff, and the owner Dominic is a very nice and friendly lady. Though we did not eat at the bar or restaurant much, when we did have it the pasta was absolutly great, my kids are very picky when it comes to pasta and the callalu and jerk chicken was great as well. When we arrived there it was very late, and the staff was still waiting for us and they where great. The bar stayed opened so we could get something to eat. If you every need a trust worthy driver and a trust worthy sitter ask lily or the front dest for sparrow and chantel. Our friends who we where with have been using them for years. If you want to go to a very local vibe go to the local bar, it was great and had great local jamaican food.
We where here for 10n days and nobody stole from us and our doors fine.My kids are counting the days to go back. :)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

This was our 2nd stay at The Beachcomber Club. We missed Claude at the beach, but Paul was terrific He had chairs and towels waiting for us everyday in our favorite spot. The housekeeping staff, friendly and efficient. Bartenders, the same Lily and the girls up front were very accommadating. Asked for a coffee pot in our room, got a coffee pot right away.
It was nice to meet Dominic. Appreciate her asking about our stay.
One thing we'll remember........don't go during spring break. Staff at Margaretiville next door, doesn't understand that blasting the bump-bump-bump at 3:00 A.M. - no cool
Will we stay here again? Of course.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocean City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2010

This was our 3rd year staying here for Christmas Holiday. We had reservations for 16 days but ended up staying for 19 and still did not want to leave. If you want a very large space for a great price this is the place for you. Having a family of 5 it often becomes expensive to travel. At the Beachcomber they will give you an extra roll-away bed for the 3rd child. No hassles. We usually get a 1 bedroom suite that has everything you need to be comfortable, large living room, kitchen and dining room.
The reason that I did not give a 6 for rooms is that you often need to find silverware,dishes and cookware for kitchen. However all you need to do is ask and they will find what you need. The rooms also need to be updated a bit.
As for service it is very friendly and food was more readily available this year. I loved the lobster salad and the jerked pork was the most flavorful and moist on the beach.
As for location ....it is right in the middle of the 7 mile beach with plenty of fine white sand. Some hotels now have very little beach, only enough for your chair.
Yes, there are other boutique villa/hotels on Negril's beach but you will not find one that offer such space and atmosphere like the Beachcomber. I hope to return in April.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family