“Go to Beaches..its awesome!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 85 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas,TX
“Go to Beaches..its awesome!”
Reviewed May 6, 2007

My husband and I just returned from Beaches Negril with our two year old son. I must say I was mainly interested in the Kids Camp/Nanny service that they had for the kids. I needed a break! It was great. I
felt so comfortable leaving my son there and he really enjoyed all of
the activities. I felt that the staff pampered him the whole time he was there. We also booked the Sesame Street breakfast which was extra
but well worth the money. It was soooo fun. I think my husband and I had just as much fun as our son did.

The hotel rooms were clean, the staff was sooooo friendly. I really couldn't believe how friendly they were. On our last day, they hugged
me goodbye and told me they would miss me...they were awfully sweet!

The bartenders were all great guys....very friendly. The drinks were great and it was fun talking to the guys at the pool bar.

Breakfast was my favorite meal of the day. It was very good. I never ate lunch since the Banana Daquiris were quite filling! :) We did however go to the grill to get a hamburger for dinner when we didn't feel like getting out of our beach clothes. We went to Kimono's the Japanese steak house for dinner one night and the guy was hilarious, actually he was better than the Japanese guy I went to here in the states. Its definitely typical all inclusive /cruise food. I wouldn't
go in and expect to eat "On the Border" type food at the Mexican place there at the resort, but we weren't there to eat...we were there to relax and have fun.

I don't have anything bad to say and I think all of the bad reviews are just made up by other companies or some major psycho people because we had a blast!

• Liked — Location, Sesame Street Kids Camp and the pool bar!
  • Disliked — Dinner choices
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
10 Thank soonerntexas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,196)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Chicago
Reviewed May 5, 2007

We hosted a wedding weekend at Beaches Negril for over 30 of our friends and family - we were very happy with our experience and recommend this resort to others!
I was scared after booking my wedding/trip when the overall rating for this resort fell from 4 to 3.5. Frankly, this is absolutely a 4 hotel. I can't compare it to other resorts in Negril, perhaps it is overpriced but it's hard to compare the price you get when you book way in advance for a group wedding to last minute deals that become available.
As for my review, the resort was clean, the employees were friendly, and the resort had great amenities. Context for my opinion: I am a professional, but am still young (at least for a few more weeks), and usually stay at Westins, Ws and Marriotts and believe those options to be nice options (even if not the epitome of luxury). I would put this resort at the level of a Marriott. It's not hip and trendy in its decor but it is nice and clean. The food was above average and I am a VERY picky eater. I liked the large buffet - plenty of great options for all meals. The wait staff was so nice! The Japanese restaurant was good for lunch and the formal Jamaican restaurant was very good, too.
The beach was the best ever! Seriously - it was absolutely gorgeous. I also loved the water slides and the lazy river (I expected to loathe having to wear a life jacket but it was not a problem).
The check in was a little slow for our friends and family which was probably the least satisfactory part of our experience. We had no problem with the check out.
Some of our guests complained of low water pressure - ours was absolutely fine. We stayed near the gazebo (Montpelier, I believe, room 921; it was great; room 711 had a better view - don't know about its water pressure though - both were honeymoon suites on the third floor).
In any event, this was a lovely resort for a large group event, our wedding was beautiful and if you think this place might be for you, please don't let the other reviews scare you as they did me. We would definitely return to this resort! (BTW, the people were so friendly and knew our names from day one.)

• Liked — Beach, friendliness, great for kids (and adults, too)
  • Disliked — Didn't dislike anything :)
  • Stayed April 2007
9 Thank KatieGJD
Antelope
Reviewed May 4, 2007

My new wife and I were married @ Beaches Negril on the beach May 25th. We stayed @ Beaches for 4 days and then moved down the beach to Sandals Negril for another 4 days. The best way to describe the experience was Paradise. Our whole experience was nothing but wonderful. We had only a small wedding party of six with 1 child(11yrs) and 5 adults including my wife and myself. The wedding coordinators were great and took care of all the details quickly and without any problems.This was the first time my inlaws had experienced an all-inclusive vacation and they are so enamored with it they are booking their anniversary for next year already. The great thing about the property is the activities that everyone can enjoy. My 11yr old had a great time @ kids camp for time she was there, but the real fun was that we all had a great time on the beach( Hobie cats, water trikes ,sea kayaks or just looking for shells.) The pools with swim up bars were fun and we all loved floating on the lazy river. The food was good with enough variety for eveyone.

• Liked — The beachfront location.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank ToolManMG
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2007

We stayed at the Beaches Negril from January 6-13 2007. We travel alot and our family enjoyed our stay at Beaches during our week. As you have read in other reviews the drive from the airport is long especially after a long flight ( our flight was 7.5 hrs) and our 3 kids (13,7,5) were very tired of travelling by the end of the day. Upon arriving check in was very quick as it was a late arrival....9:30 p.m. so we were checked in quickly and without a wait. We were offered drinks and snacks while waiting for our room. Our room was just ok in terms of rating I'd only give it a 2.5/5 not one of the nicer rooms we have had. We did have some cockroaches in our room...(5) I know gross! We stayed in a 2 bedroom ocean front suite in the Savanna section...nice and close to the family pool and waterslides (best location for families). Our room was on the ground level and I think that you would be better off on the second floor for both the view of the ocean and the cockroach problem.
Our kids LOVED the waterslides and crazy (lazy) River as my son would say. The water sports team is amazing and helpful they offer water skiing, sailing, water bikes, bananna boats...etc all of which we tried and enjoyed. We enjoyed this resort because our kids had such a great time. Even though our room wasn't what we expected, the service overall was not 5 star, the food was good (service was not), the beach is very beautiful, water sports are GREAT our kids had a blast so overall we had a good vacation! We did spend alot of money to try this resort and I did expect more for the money and hype that I comes along with the Beaches properties. I really don't think it was worth what we had spent. We will most likely not return to this particular resort only because of what you get for your money and the travel time for us. I hope this review helps.
P.S. **** kids need to be 48" tall to use the waterslides***

• Liked — The waterslides ans beach activities offered.
  • Disliked — The service and the hotel needs upgrades.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
14 Thank Tracy05
San Jose, Calif.
Reviewed April 29, 2007

We were a bit nervous after some of the reviews we had read. Nonsense! My wife, 15 yr. old son, & myself really enjoyed ourselves! The service was outstanding! All of the employees were very attentive! Our son really enjoyed the teen activities at night. We enjoyed the teen activities 'cause they were supervised. We would defintely go back!

• Liked — The employees, & the beach!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank vikingjess
New York
Reviewed April 29, 2007

The weather was great. snorkeling not good at this location - not much to see. Too few places to eat. The hours of food service was limited. The bar staff didn't know how to prepare alot of the drinks. The staff was okay. I don't plan on returning.

• Liked — close to the beach
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
calgary alberta
Reviewed April 27, 2007

We went to Beaches Negril over Spring Break. We were really excited after being told Beaches is "ultra inclusive". We have two kids 10 and 7. We will never go back. The resort is very run down and questionably clean. Garbage can sit for days underneath the pool chairs and glasses/plates etc. will sit for the entire day without being picked up. My 7 year old daughter got bed bug bites. The pools are fun, but in need of a major clean or overhaul. The food is ok at best and not much variety. The staff are absolutely expecting tips and treat you accordingly. If you tip the treatment is ok, if you don't you are either ignored or given minimal service. The management booked a photo shoot for an entire day and shut the resort down (pools, beach everything) for that day day with no warning and no compensation. I am not a picky person and generally overlook much, looking at the positive in everything, but this resort has too much negative for the price (we paid a lot for the trip). I did speak to people who paid next to nothing for the vacation and so they did not have any expectations. I wish I would have paid attention to these reviews as I think the overall rating is bang on. If you go expect a three star resort at best.

• Liked — waterpark
  • Disliked — overhaul condition of resort
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank taralp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
#7 of 85 in Negril
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,514 reviews

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!