Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
$109
$55
  • Pool
$160
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$60
$58
Hedonism II(Negril)
$639
  • Breakfast included
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$140
$125
$484
$469
Bookit.com
$94
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$62
TripAdvisor
5,553 results
All reviewskids campsesame streetcafe de parisstew fishbanana boatbig topfamily vacationclub liquidx boxxbox roomcookie monsterdino's pizzacharacter breakfastadrian whiteheadwater sportskids clubthe main pool bar
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed June 21, 2006

My husband, 10-year old son and I spent 5 wonderful days May 26 - 30 at the Beaches Negril resort. We originally had reservations at the Beaches Sandy Bay, but upon arrival in Montego Bay the Beaches representative informed us that we had been upgraded to Beaches Negril. What a great way to start our vacation!! My husband is not much of a traveller, but he is already saying he'd like to go back next year. At Beaches there was so much to do we were busy from morning to night. We got up early (6 am) everyday to walk the beach then have breakfast at The Mill (the buffet restaurant). Breakfast here was my favorite - they had such a huge selection. The fresh fruit was fantastic (especially the pineapple). After breakfast we would usually go for a morning swim in one of the two huge pools (the main pool was the biggest pool I ever saw). Both pools have swimup bars. At 8 in the morning the pools were completely empty except for us! (sometimes you have to watch to make sure they aren't doing their pool treatment). Around 9 we would head to the beach. Again, it was almost empty except for us. I guess other guests liked sleeping in. We wanted to make the most of every minute! Most of the water sport activities start at 9 or 9:30. The watersorts were fantastic! We snorkelled, waterskied, kneeboarded, kayaked, sailed on Hobie Cat, rode the banana boat - every day! First time snorkelling and it was great! The water sport staff was great - my son really liked them. There are hundreds of beach chairs set under trees/huts. We usually ate at the beach grill for lunch - they have a nice choice but we usually had burgers or jerk chicken - yummy! My son liked the pizza bar. Mid afternoon can get hot on the beach - be sure to bring lots of heavy duty sunscreen! We usually relaxed under the sea grape trees and huts for a couple hours sipping frozen pina coladas or strawberry daquiris - paradise! The beach grill is open from 10 - 4 and then closes for dinner. It reopens at 10 pm until 2 am. For dinner, we tried all the restaurants except the Seville. I've heard good things about the Seville, but felt bad leaving my son out. So, we ate at the Last Saloon (surprisingly good) and the Teppanaki (good food and great entertaining). Other nights were supposed to have beach party buffets but chance of rain caused them to be cancelled. Instead, we had to eat at the Mill. Dinner buffets were also good here (not as good as the Last Saloon). At night they had entertainment (reggae festival, staff fashion show, guest competitions). They were pretty good. We were tired from long days so we usually went to our room around 10. TIP - make sure you bring insect repellant. I didn't see many mosquitos, but I got bitten by tine "no-see-ums". Didn't hurt but boy did they itch for a week!Walking back to our room we would be serenaded by the prettiest sounding crickets I ever heard. I thought they were tree frogs, but the staff said they were little crickets. I really miss that sound at night ! This is the first time we ever stayed at an all inclusive and I would never do it any other way. It was so nice to be able to eat whatever, whenever, however much you wanted to. Same goes for the drinks. I think I drank gallons of frozen pina coladas and strawberry daquiris (virgin for me). I'm not much of a drinker, but they had quite an assortment of alcoholic concoctions to choose from. The very best thing about this resort is the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful. They were happy to talk to you if you initiated a conversation. We made several friends on the staff - Cornelius, Anthony, Conrad, Richard, ... I can't remember all the names but they were all great! Teh resort prohibits tipping, but we tipped anyway (be careful and sly how you tip - the staff can get in trouble if management sees them accepting tips). A few US bucks goes a long way and the staff treated us like royalty. I am sorry this is so long but it was definitely the best vacation ever. I don't care to go to any other Caribbean island - I will go right back to Beaches Negril!

Stayed: May 2006
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Long Island, New York
Reviewed June 20, 2006

Wow, I got back from Beaches, Negril about a week ago for a wedding and it was great. The flight on air jamiaca was good and it was surprisingly one the best inflight meals I have ever had. The bus driver to the hotel was very friendly, but the bad thing was the bus ride from the airport to the hotel took two hours. Although, the long ride was very senic and beautiful. When we arrived at the hotel they took our bags and we all sat in the lobby. They gave us cold towels because it was very hot. Then they gave everybody cold fruit drinks and they gave the kids cookies. DONT WORRY THE FOOD AND DRINKS ON THE HOTEL ARE SAFE. NOBODY GOT SICK. When we got to the room we had problems with the t.v so we called the front desk and they sent somebody right up. After that the maneger called our room to check if everything was ok and two people came up to the room to check if everything was ok. The staff was incredibly friendly, every single employee we walked by said hello how are you. The room was nice and we had a balcony overlooking the beach. When the maids came to clean the room they would sometimes leave a bowl of fruit. There were two big pools each with a swim-up bar that had delicious drinks. There was a mini water park with water slides and a lazy river. My kids would not get out of the lazy river. The beach was beautiful. It had nice sand that my kids played in and the carribean sea was warm and you coulkd go pretty far out and the water will still be shallow. There was also snorkling trips but i dint take any. The food was good. My kids and I always foung something to eat. There was 4 restraunts, but one was only open during the day and one was adults only. There was a few odd dishes like one I found was pasta that seemed to have scrambled eggs in it, but otherwise there was a lot of other good food. During the day the kids could run around and get snacks like ice cream. If you find any different food or drinks do not worry because htey are completley safe. This was my first all-inclusive hotel and it feels so relaxing when you dont have to keep pulling your wallet out of your pocket to get money. This was my first time in jamiaca and I will definetly go again. If your coming to jamaica definetly stay here.

• Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 20, 2006

We (nine of us) arrived at Beaches Negril on June 3rd for an 8 day trip. We were also in Jamaica to bring clothing and hygiene products to 24 kids in a children's home in Anchovy that we had been in contact with. We brought the items with us on the plane and were planning on renting a van to take us on the 1 hour trip from the resort to Anchovy. We were quoted $160 for the trip. We were hoping someone would work us a deal so that we could give this money to the head mistress of the children's home, Gwendolyn. That is where Beaches Negril stepped in. They not only provided transportation, but they cooked lunch for all of the kids and ladies at the children's home. They also sent 4 employees with us to serve and clean for lunch. Sancia in public relations for the resort was wonderful. WE LOVE HER!!! Now for the resort...

We had a premium room. We slept great on the beds, which is usually not the case for me. Our housekeeper, Latoya, was awesome. She kept us filled with coffee and creamer (we are java junkies) and kept the room really clean.

The bartenders were very attentive. After the first day, we didn't have to order our drinks - they just remembered and started fixing them as we walked up. We favored the bartenders by the family pool.

The pools were always clean and the waterpark was a blast.

The beach was beautiful. They swept it every morning. Just outside the Beaches perimeter on the side of the beach where you meet for snorkeling, there are a couple of shops where you can get some great deals. The watersports were great. We (the adults) tried everything, but mostly went snorkeling. The kids, on the other hand, went kayaking, skiing, water triking, wind sailing, and banana boating frequently.

The kids club was fun (so says my 7 year old). We had a day of really heavy rain while we were there and my son stayed there all day and had a blast!

The food was great. I enjoyed the Grill the most (by the family pool). The jerk chicken was fabulous. They also have nachos for lunch that are "help yourself". They fry the tortillas fresh and instead of using corn tortillas, they use flour. YUM! We tried all of the restaurants except the fancy one. If you can't find something you like to eat here, you are WAY to picky!

Entertainment was fun. The kids enjoyed it. Stacy is great. The magician act, contorsionist acts and fire eater act were the best. There are also several audience participation shows that were hilarious. I actually won 2 prizes for participating. Join in if you get the chance. Your vacation is what you make of it.

We had a great time at Beaches Negril! We have already started talking about next years vacation and we will be going back to visit our friends at Beaches Negril!

• Stayed: June 2006
17  Thank marcyjakob
Reviewed June 19, 2006

I had never been to Jamaica, I had never left the country, and I have to say that I was a little nervous about going to this resort, because in the past, there has been some really negitive reviews, but my family loved it and can't wait to go back!! It was myself, my husband, and our 15 year old daughter. Lets start at the beginning!!

Airport lounge and drive... It only took us 30 minutes to get through immagration and customs and the beaches lounge is very nice. The lounge has big couches and chairs, and free redstripe and soda. There is also a very nice bathroom to freshen up in. We only waited 10 minutes and then we were off onto the bus. It took us about an hour and twenty minutes to get to the resort. Our driver along the way would tell us about different areas as we drove past them and was very informative. Our driver on the way back to the airport on the last day, played a dvd of "The Lion King " for the kids on our bus.

Check in... We had four families on our bus and we all had concierge level rooms, so we were taken in an airconditioned room and began the check in process. Since there was four families, this took about a half an hour. We were offered drinks while we waited. Then we were taken to our rooms.

Room... We had the Honeymoon Grande Luxe Concierge Room, in the Montipeller building. It was nice. I thought it might be a little bigger, but that was ok. The room was very clean, and was cleaned everyday. Never saw one bug. Our family loved the robes they have in the room to use. The View from our room was beautiful!!! We were in the last building on the property and right next to Couples resort. They are kinda loud until about 11pm. It didn't bother us at all, but I could see if you have little kids, it might. We were on the third floor, which I loved, but there are no elevators, so the third floor can become a workout, which was good!!! We did call the concierge a few times for things like blankets, and even a bottle of wine, and what we asked for was brought to our room. DON'T LOSE YOUR SAFE KEY!! We did and it is $120, and we wern't the only ones. One of the families on our shuttle bus lost theirs the same day we did. They have to drill the lock because there is no master key. After ours was drilled, we could hear the room next to ours getting theirs drilled, so a lot of people do lose it!!

Food.and drinks....For the most part the food to us was really good. We ate at the Mill every morning for breakfast(its the only place to eat breakfast) and it was good, but we didn't like the mill for lunch and dinner. The all you can eat pizza and pasta bar was a huge hit with us. Cafe carnival was very good and so was the last chance saloon. The teppanyaki was great, but the best was the Seville. That was our favorite. We ate there our last night!! As far as drinks, HUMMINGBIRDS ROCK!! That all I have to say about the drinks!!

Beach activities, and pools.... What can I say but awesome!! We did everything you could do on the beach. There are plenty of chairs on the beach, but the chairs around the pool go very early. Some chairs were already taken by 6:30 am. By 8 am, there are no pool chairs left, but we spent most our our time on the beach anyway. The beach is very clean and beautiful. On Thursday, they let venders in on the beach to sell there goods!! The water park was awesome. The lazy river is really fun. My husband and I went a few times. The slides are really fun and fast!! The pools were nice and the swim up bars are great. People have complained about the pools getting cloudy, but I never noticed that, but we always stayed by the big pool, because that was our side of the resort!!

Night entertainment... This is the only thing that we found could be improved on at the resort. They have an area called the Big Top, and this is where the nightly shows are. Some were good, and others not so much. There really is not much else to do at night but go watch the show in the big top. Circus Circus was really good. Our only big complaint is the teen activities at the resort. On night they were going to have a bon fire on the beach for the teens and they cancelled it and promissed them they would do it the next night, and they cancelled that too. My daughter had been really looking forward to it. They also cancelled another teen activity planned that she had been looking forward too.

Other than the nightly entertainment lacking, we loved everything else about this resort. The resort was sold out, but you never felt like it was crowded. We never once had to wait for a beach activity, or wait for a table when we ate. The employees went above and beyond trying to make sure we had a great vacation. Everyone was so nice. These employees don't get tips, so when you get a drink, or they bring your food to you, please say "Thank You". Many people didn't!! My daughter was crazy about Andrae from the pool bar, and my husband was crazy about Meka who was part of the entertainment staff. We can't wait to go back, even though it might be a few years, but we will go back!!!

• Stayed: June 2006
11  Thank ilovevacations
California
Reviewed June 17, 2006

This hotel is very fun and has somehing for everyone. The pools and waterslides are great and their video game room is great for kids. It's relaxing for the adults to sit aat the beach. They have banana boat rides which are very popular. The food is usually good, but sometimes just average. The only problem was the staff. Some of the staff were very rude to my kids. Other than that, this was a great hotel and I would definetly go back there.

• Stayed: April 2006