Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rayon Hotel(Negril)
5,517 results
All reviewskids campsesame streetcafe de parisstew fishbanana boatbig topfamily vacationclub liquidx boxxbox roomcookie monsterdino's pizzacharacter breakfastadrian whiteheadwater sportskids clubthe main pool bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2005

Traveling as a family of four, this resort met our needs very well. At first, I found the property to be a bit run down after having the Beaches in Turks and Caicos to compare it to, but after a few days, the look of the resort became less important and we really had a totally fun trip.

There were lots of activities offered for children. My kids had the most wonderful time. My 6 year old daughter got a kick out of the Sesame Street characters that they now have for children to enjoy.

The food became a bit repetitive, but we all found plenty to eat. The restaurant by the water park was not a comfortable place to eat and we avoided it for the most part. It was overcrowded, unclean and it took forever for the food. However, the service staff were very friendly and helpful. Having gone during Spring Break was probably part of the problem as the resort was very crowded. We mostly frequented the main buffet and the Teppanany Japanese Restaurant.

The beach was gorgeous and perfect for young children. The water was clear and calm and shallow quite a ways out. The beach was kept very clean and raked each evening.

The main pool was on the cold side and not as nice as the T&C pool. It was smaller and had very little room for lounge chairs. We hung out at the beach because of this.

The water park was fun. The lazy river was more like a crazy river and was lots of fun for adults and kids alike. The water slides were more for older kids and my 16 year old son enjoyed them. My daughter was too little as you had to be 48" tall to go on.

We took the snorkeling trip offered by the hotel as well as the glass bottom boat ride. Both were on the dissapointing side as we are avid snorkelers and have seen some pretty spectacular reefs. This was not one of them, but others at the resort said they enjoyed it. We did not partake in the waterskiing or banana boat rides, but they looked like fun. We used the large water trikes that were offered and the kayaks and my son was taken out sailing by one of the watersports guys.

All in all, fun was had by all. It was not a super luxury trip, but was casual and fun and easy to enjoy.

44  Thank LilyMoon
Reviewed March 3, 2005

We just got back from Beaches Negril (we are a family of 5) and needless to say, we were extremely disappointed. We had one of the more expensive rooms on the conceirge level and needless to say, the concierge was of no help at all. We were traveling with another family and requested rooms close to each other and what we got were 2 rooms on complete opposite ends of the resort. When we checked in, we had to call twice for a cot to be delivered and then had to call back at 10pm for pillows (imagine delivering a bed with no pillows). In addition, when we opened the refrigerator in our room to get something to drink, there was an open bottle of soda and half filled bottle of water among the other bottles of soda and water. The best part of the resort is the beach as it is truly magnificent. The food at the resort was beyond horrible (if I want Chinese food, I am not going to Jamaica to get it), the fruit was terrible and the staff at the entire resort act like they have someplace better to be. We spent over $8K for this trip and it was not even close to worth it. There is NO nightlife whatsoever at the resort; the drinks are terrible and the water ski boat was broken until the final day we were there. In addition, the last night, there was a thunderstorm and during the storm, the water stopped running in the rooms while my daughter was in the shower and I was shaving. I asked the concierge what was going on and was told I was the only one to report this. However, later on that night at dinner (if you can call it that), several other guests also reported losing all of their water. On the day we left, our flight back to NY was delayed over 3 hours and the staff at the resort wanted nothing to do with us. The only way we knew how long the flight was delayed was by checking the American Airlines website as the staff was of no help to us. if it werent for the fantastic weather and the beach, this would have been a true disaster. It is my last time visiting any Beaches resort and I would never recommend this resort.

16  Thank Pgosule
A TripAdvisor Member
Westchester, NY
Reviewed February 26, 2005

Food was awful. My 12 year old and I got sick. Heard others got sick as well. Food area is not kept clean and unsupervised little kids touch the food with their fingers - disgusting!. Not worth the trip.
Organized activities for adults are lacking. Basketball court is broken down and people check out the few balls and don't return them. There is only volleyball and if that is missing, their is no game. Many beach chairs are broken. Run out of towels all the time. Pool sitting area is small, hot tub was broken.
Service friendly but poor - couldn't get a blanket for my son's bed for 1/2 day because of a laundry back-up.
Air Jamaica is seeking a government takeover; 1.2 their fleet is not flying. It took 14 hours to get home to NY, via an unplanned 3 hour stop over in Philly.
Just, stay away from all Beaches resorts.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 26, 2005

I just returned from beaches. After 3 straight years at Club Med/Punta Cana, my husband and I decided to try something else. We had always heard that Beaches was the "upscale Club Med". Not so. this place was so over rated. The food was horrible. The kid's camp (my daughter is 9) was lacking in supervision and the counselors were mean. Many of the promised amenities were missing, the water trampoline, the water ski boat was beached with a broken motor (for one of the busiest weeks of the year they couldn't get the boat fixed?). We were in one of the pricier rooms, with concierge service and whenever a slight request was made, they would tell you how to get it done but would never actually help. More than one guest was heard complaining about watered down liquor. Every time you met someone new they would start complaining. We had the plumber in 3 times to fixed a toilet that kept clogging. Upon arrival at 4:30 am, because of a 12 hour delay, we were met by the rudest employee of all. Save $2,500 and go straight to club med. The only thing at Beaches that was nicer was our room, but we were only in it for about 2 hours a day.

11  Thank Sheryl G
Reviewed February 25, 2005

This vacation was the best vacation of my life ! Jamaica has the most friendliest people ever ! The best part is when you first get off the plane and feel the heat , from being in the snow and cold weather. When you first get there the people will greet you and when you see how beautiful the hotel looks , it will be worth all the money your spending. It's worth every penny , theres so much acitivities to do . The pools are huge , and theres two fun water slides and a lazy river. In the pools theres swim up bars with all kind of drinks . Another good thing about Beaches , is its all inclusive . You could eat anything you want for free , also theres all kinds of snacks for kids . Like , non-achaholic drinks , popcorn and icecream . The beaches are B E A U T I F U L , the sand feels like baby powder and the water is so warm ! Its one of the most beautiful beaches in the world , once you see the green , clear water for the first time you'll know what i'm talking about . Also the water is so warm , and scuba diving/snorkling are SO much fun . The nice thing is you could take a bus to the other beaches . Me and my family really enjoyed taking walks in the morning . You get excerise ( from all the free food you will be eatting ) , tan and look at all the other hotels . The bannana boats are lots of fun for all ages too ! We took a 9:00 am flight . However , by the time we got there at about 4:00,we were starving and the only open restaurant served not-so-great pizza and here we are spending tons of $$ to eat every day! But the vacation gets better so dont worry . Also on the beach there are alot of people trying to sell you stuff . Some of the stuff is really nice but you have to be carefull . I got my hair braided for only about 25 dollars . The good thing about jamaica is you could bargain with them half price . I was scared coming here because alot of people said they got sick . Beaches is an American resort and their water and food is clean . No one in my family got sick , but i would just be carefull the first day you are here . The food at beaches was good 1 - 10 i would say 8 . The habachi resturaunt was my favorite . The people cooking for you are SO entertaining and funny . Also the food was delicious ! The hotel says not to bring any cash , but we brought 200 dollars and we were running low . You need money at the air port and people on the beach for ( souvineers , hair , massage , toys and jewlery ) . Over all , this was one of the best vacations ever . You'll never forget the people , hotel , beach , and of course the memories you'll share with your family ! I hope this will help you . Enjoy your WONDERFUL vacation at beaches =D !

21  Thank enjoylifewithfamily