“A true all-inclusive vacation”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Milton, Canada
“A true all-inclusive vacation”
Reviewed February 28, 2009

My family of 4 recently returned from Beaches, Negril. Our 2 boys (ages 5 and 8) had the time of their lives! We used the Kids Kamp daily as my husband and I went scuba diving daily. They were separated by ages and did some phenomenal activites! The 8-12 year olds went on snorkelling excursions, made tye-dyed t-shirts, learned to be DJ's.... the 5 year old made crafts, went swimming, nature hikes, did stuff with the Sesame street gang.
We tried ALL the water activities: including scuba diving, snorkelling trips, catamaran rides, water-skiing, knee-boarding, banana boating, etc. It was great that it was all included. If you're not planning on being active, you'd best spend your money on a cheaper trip.
The rooms are fair- small, clean and close to the beach for little legs and frequent trips! We only slept in them and showered before dinner, otherwise we were busy all day!
The X-Box 360 Game garage was also a big hit. As was watching movies on the beach at night.
The staff are great and it was truly a FAMILY resort- we'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank scubamammaMilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,219)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Hawkesbury, ONtario
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Wow, just got home from the best ever vacation. For the first time my husband and I went to Jamaica and the first time to a Beaches/Sandals resort. Beaches Negril is the best. Feb 4-11, 2009

From the moment we landed in Montego Bay, it was easy. The people of Jamaica are most welcoming. Customs and immigration was painless. Direct flight from Montreal on Air Canada was 5 hours of smooth and easy. Baggage from Air Canada ready right away to be picked up. Once we quickly passed through immigration we were directed to the Sandals/Beaches lounge. Refreshments on tap were plentiful and the lounge very comfortable. We only waited a few minutes for our air conditioned bus to arrive. The driver was excellent as we could see and hear how proud he was of his country. We had a real guided tour as we drove to Negril. It took about an hour and 20 minutes, with a stop mid way for bathroom and drink break.

Upon arriving at Beaches Negril, were escorted into the great room, only for a few moments when we were invited to go to the executive offices for check in. They had taken the liberty to upgrade us to a grand deluxe honeymoon beachfront room. After a drink, we were escorted to the room and it was beautiful. The king size bed comfortable. The room spacious and cool. The view from our 3rd floor balcony was wonderful. It was very quiet and we slept very well. We had everything we needed or could want. The room bar service was excellent. Our refrigerator was filled with whatever we desired on a daily basis.The choice of TV channels was amazing. Although I did not watch much, my husband was happy to be able to watch Canadian news and Hockey night in Canada. Our maid did an excellent job every day. We left our room by 10am and were back by 430 pm and the room was always done. They also had turn down service, but we found it not necessary for us. The room had plentiful towels and toiletries. There were bathrobes and umbrellas. We used the in room safe.

The courtyard we looked out on was immaculate. The gardeners worked hard and until dark. It was nice to have music piped into the walkways. We observed many beautiful weddings and receptions take place and the wedding teams, organizers and photographers always seemed excited and enthusiastic for each and every wedding as if it was the most important one.

The layout of Beaches Negril was wonderful. Just the right size resort. Not too big and compound like. It was beautiful and flowing with ambiance and flavour. We were planning on using the fitness center, but got lazy and never did. I was glad they had one to use though. The spa looked beautiful and it would be a real treat if you have extra "play money."

We ate at the Seville restaurant - Excellent. We ate at Kimono's - Excellent. We ate at the Beach Grill once which was nice to have such a quick stop for yummy food. They had an ice cream area and a pizza area. Casual, help yourself.

We LOVED The Mill Buffet. We had excellent service with waitress Marjorie Ann. We loved the exceptional choices of food and had to eat at the buffet every day for breakfast and 5 nights for dinner. I had the opportunity to speak to the chef and told him how fantastic everything was. We never ate lunch except for one time at the beach grill. (If we had been exercising at the fitness center we could have eaten 3 meals a day!!) There were always enough lounge chairs at the beach and around the pool. There were always enough towels and it was nice to not be limited to how many we could have. The pool was always refreshing, clean and well maintained.

The beach was soft and spotless. No rocks, no seaweed, no jellyfish. The slope into the water is gentle and smooth. You can walk into the swimming area without any fear of it being over your head. The deepest might be to your chest. so for non swimmers or weak swimmers you can always touch the bottom. There were always enough chairs in the shade and it was nice to hear music and laughter in the background. We felt totally safe on the beach with security guards keeping an eye on any vendors to make sure you are not hassled. It was never an issue.

I was a little hesitant before going to Beaches Negril, a family friendly resort, as we were two adults ( early 50's) traveling alone together. At some kid friendly resorts, the children run wild and their parents do not look after them, leaving the adults constantly being disturbed. This was not the case at Beaches Negril. My husband and I always could find a place where we could have quiet and romance. The people traveling with families, looked after their own kids. The resort had many programs for children and the kids always seemed to be busy and it was never an issue, having someone else's kids bother us. Proving that it is not always necessary to go to an adult only resort to have adult only time.

What a wonderful family paradise vacation resort Beaches Negril is. It is the perfect place for weddings. It is the perfect place for a family vacation. From very young to grandparents, there is something for everyone. All of the employees wanted us to feel at home and all seemed to be very happy and to enjoy their work.

We snorkelled only once as it was pretty windy the week we were there. The day we went, our captain actually jumped into the water to rescue an elderly woman who had drifted down the beach and she had no strength to help herself. Our snorkel boat was still anchored to our beach and we were preparing to head out, when he jumped in and carried her back to the beach where her family met her and escorted her. She was not even staying at our resort. Our captain came back on board our snorkelling boat and off we went. He saved a life that day and only a few people would witness his actions. You should be so proud of the people working for Beaches Negril.

It was nice to have such great entertainment for the kids every night and movies on the beach. We were usually back in our rooms after a late dinner and we did not miss not having much adult entertainment.

We took the liberty of walking the beach for 2 and 1/2 hours. What a wonderful treat it is to have such a wonderful beach to walk. Beaches Negril is perfectly located. The beach wider than anywhere else. It was nice to have shopping right on the beach. We walked down past Margaritaville and had many options to chose from for convenient shopping.etc. We walked the other direction past all the other resorts to the Sandals Negril. We could see first hand, that we had definitely chosen the best resort. The other places were quieter and had smaller beaches. The Couples Swept Away Resort, right next to Beaches Negril, looked boring. The white plastic beach chairs with white vinyl mattresses looked hot, sticky and uncomfortable to sit on. All the people were sitting cramped together, no conversation, no music, and it just did not have the wonderful ambiance and layout and energy that Beaches Negril has.

We definitely would not recommend any other resort in Negril other than Beaches Negril.

My husband is not into tours or excursions. We never felt pressured by anyone. We were greeted by the tour desk and informed of any special, but never were bothered by someone trying to sell us something.

The bathrooms were always spotless, even the beach bathroom. No water or sand on the floor, never saw any garbage, tissues or paper on the floor. Just immaculate all the time. Impressive with people coming and going and kids around to keep bathrooms that spotless!!!

Lots of options for water sports and we enjoyed floating on the water trampolines. The ocean was warm and the weather perfect. Hot sun, not much humidity and not a drop of rain. The kids water park area and lazy river with sprinklers and water sprays, made you wish you were a kid again.

The roaming photographers were always enthusiastic and great at their job. Never trying to sell you something, just interested in capturing your special vacation moments. Many times I would see them on the lying on the ground to get up close pics. If you are interested in viewing your pics, just go to the photo shack and view. No pressure to buy anything.

The ambiance of the beach with romantic cabanas and shade palm tree umbrellas and well spaced lounge chairs, made the beach our favourite spot. We visited most bars and found the drinks yummy and plentiful. Always served with a smile.

I have been to Mexico and Cuba and Barbados and this by far is my most favourite vacation destination. I would recommend Beaches Negril to everyone I know.

My daughter is 28 and she received a new pancreas and kidney last April 2008. She is doing very well and because of her transplant surgery she has a wonderful future ahead of her. She is looking forward to getting married and to starting a family of her own. I told her about the wonderful weddings I witnessed at Beaches Negril and I hope that we can afford to make that happen.

The airport is beautiful and offers many shops and restaurants for last minute shopping and eating while you await your departure back home.

You should be very proud of your resort Beaches Negril and of all your employees. Thank you for making our vacation the best ever.

Sincerely, Donna and David Richardson Hawkesbury Ontario

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
16 Thank Blondie028
Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2009

The menu selection has become cheaper over the last few years...

The resort looks old and needs some repair...

The service has gone down hill from a couple of years ago..

The fine Dining is no longer fine Dining, you can go in there with shorts and non dress shoes; when asked, the server said that the manager had to drop the standard

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveller1992
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2009

My family and I visited beaches Negril on Jan 28th to Feb 6 2008. It was one of the BEST resorts we had ever seen..Everything was exceptional!! I do not have anything negative to say about this resort.
The food and wine was amazing, the people were soooo nice, the rooms were clean, the service was exceptional, the beach was breathtaking. The water slides and lazy river was an a big plus for the kids. The activities offered at no extra cost was a plus. The nightly entertainment was also very pleasant and some shows were breathtaking.
The only tiny comment I have is they overcharge at the photo studio, but then again, do they not overcharge here in Canada when you get professional photo's taken??
I would definatley go back!!
I am leaving for Cuba, on March 6th 2009,. cant wait!!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank anxioustobe
Cambridge, Ontario
Reviewed February 10, 2009

Jamaica has become our Caribbean destination of choice. The island is beautiful, the weather fantastic, the people and culture full of charm and music. We booked Beaches Negril for a family (five adults and two teens) vacation, after a fantastic experience at Sandals Whitehouse last year.

The resort is beautiful, not decadent in a Sandals way but ideal for a family setting. We booked the bottom room category and were pleased in general. The rooms were clean and in no way tired as described in some previous reviews. The grounds were beautiful and well kept.

The beach property at this resort is a utopia of white sand, clear blue water, and swaying palm trees. The resort offers many beach/water activities of which we gravitated towards volleyball and hobie cats/sail boats.

We were very pleased with both the food and service from the restaurants. The Seville and Kimonos were high points for dinner. We had fabulous jerk chicken at the Paradise beach grill for lunch. Breakfast was at the Mill every morning soaked in the warm tropical breezes from the sea. I would like to thank the kitchen staff from the Mill for whipping up some chicken broth soup (not on the menu that night) for my son who was under the weather.

My two boys made numerous friends almost exclusively of resort staff. My sincere thanks to the staff for making our trip so memorable.

Thank you Tisian, Natasha, Roxanne (teen activities), O’Ryan, Jermaine, DJ Bryan (liquid nightclub), Odel, Garfield (Seville), Travis (Kimonos), Dwight, Ahmel (Entertainment) and my man Winston at the Last Chance Saloon for never letting my Red Stripe hit bottom.

Also special thanks to Erica for smoothing the minor bumps along the way.

I hope my review has been helpful…ask yourself how many vacations have you been on where you can remember that many names!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank CdnSteelersFan
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 7, 2009

My sixteen year old daughter and I, along with my sister, her husband and their children (ages 7 to 21) spent eight wonderful days at the Beaches Negril Resort. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty and everyone was very accomodating. Every area of the resort was immaculate, the food was delicious and the beach was breathtaking. We stayed in a concerige level room and could see the beach and water from our balcony.

The staff at the resort are the best ! On our first day we met a wonderful woman named Marjorie Ann who is a server at the resort. I was always happy to see her because she was so pleasant, always had a smile on her face and was intent on making sure all the guests needs were met. Each day she filled us in on all the fun activities the resort had planned. Lionel was another gem of an employee. He took us sailing many times and helped us learn many things about the island and the people of Jamaica.

The food at all the restaurants by far exceeded my expectations. Not only was every meal delicious they were all beautifully presented. It was apparent only the best chefs are on staff at the resort. One of my favorite memories is celebrating and enjoying a spectacular Thanksgiving dinner (it was more like a feast) on the beach. We did not know the resort had planned the celebration and were pleasantly surprised.

Many thanks to everyone at Beaches Negril. You truly did make us feel like family and we hope to be returning soon. Yea mon !!!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank ACB1238
Kilmarnock Scotland
Reviewed February 2, 2009

What a fabulous time we had on our first trip to the Caribbean.
Our kids aged 14 and 11 had a fantastic 2 week holiday.
The staff were wonderful and had a great laugh every day.
Well done to Andre at the pool bar,Oryan,Natasha,Garrett,Roxanne,Luther. You all do one hell of a job superbly
Every morning myself and my wife would take part in the swimming pool aerobics and finished it off with a couple of cocktails at the pool bar!!!!

Meals were as good as we thought they would be as it was all inclusive and the drinks we had no complaints with.

Beach was a dream and the sea lovely and warm.
Met a lovely couple from Canada who also had a son our age which meant the boys were never seen.
Also met a smashing couple from California whose contact numbers we sadly lost

Bad points
Rooms were very basic and we had the refurbished Savanagh block
Bathroom was very poor
Pool bar was also very poorly tiled and pool was dirty most of the time.
A huge refurbishment programme is needed.
Photo,s was a complete rip off and the shop was also

We would all love to go back though i don't believe in going to the same place twice

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Below standard
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Killiepieman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
#8 of 81 in Negril
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!