“Fun in the sun Best Family Getaway in Negril!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 85 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
HIGH POINT NC
“Fun in the sun Best Family Getaway in Negril!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

Took my family to Beaches Negril for a very much needed getaway August for a week to celebrate my son in laws 40th birthday and my granddaughters 5th birthday and to celebrate LIFE! Stayed in
Montpelier Building Club Level with connecting rooms. Everyone at the property was great! Treated my granddaughter like a "princess" with extra cherries at the bars! Loved that they had a children's drinks menu! She loved the superman (red, white, with blue syrup-non alcoholic). Food was plenty. Activities were great to keep everyone happy! They need to add different levels of slides at this property for little ones. Like at Beaches Ocho! Been to all the properties many times thru the years. I Love Beaches and Sandals Resorts! Did inspections of Sandals Negril and Grand Pineapple while there. Will be back!

Room Tip: Club or Butler levels you will have more benefits. Check in is much better and rooms are bigger and...
1 Thank NCPREFERREDAGENT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,189)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
T.O.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

We stayed for a week in July and truly had a wonderful time. The accommodations, pools, activities, service and beach were all top notch. We dined mostly at the sit down restaurants. The buffet at the Mill was fine but some of the food was hit and miss. The jerk chicken pizza at the pizzeria was great. Dining on the beach at Stewfish was a great experience. The take out at the BBQ restaurant tended to be understaffed and it appeared that there was a patty shortage in Jamaica.

You could eat and drink to your heart's desire. There were dozens of choices for spirits and the like, however if you wanted beer the only choice was Red Stripe. I really didn't understand why you could get JD, Crown Royal and what seemed to be dozens of other brands of alcohol but only one type of beer.

The staff were very nice throughout the resort except for the guy running the water activities at the beach. He seemed annoyed that he had to deal with people. During our meals we always had someone come by and ask if we needed anything else.

If the resort did have a major blemish it would be it's perceived value. Yes, many things were included but at the same time there always seemed to be extras that were rather pricey. We were 2 adults and 2 kids but since one of our kids is a teenager we had to pay pretty much an adult rate even though they were not old enough to drink. The resort also charged extra for Wi-Fi and when I brought this up with the concierge staff they said that this was a complaint they were hearing on a regular basis. We did eventually get ours for free but it took a day or two to get things sorted out.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms adjacent to the Couples Resort next door.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank GMKISOK
Harpenden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

This a wonderful resort for families. We went with our teenage twin girls Sophie and Katie in July and had a great time. The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and good fun - especially Dahalia and Lesmore.
Our family stayed in adjoining top floor Honeymoon Beachfront Grand Luxe Concierge Suites which were roomy and a short distance from all the activities but quiet at night.
We all had a good time, the children made lots of friends and the staff couldn't have done more for us to make our holiday special. The beach was excellent, water sports such as water skiing and banana boat rides were available as part of the all-inclusive package together with trips on a glass bottom boat and another to go snorkelling in the warm clear sea.
The Stewfish restaurant on the beach has beautiful views of the sea and beach, but remember to use insect spray on your legs when it gets dark.
Overall fantastic! One of the best holidays we have been on, the children didn't want to come home and we could have easily enjoyed staying there another one or two weeks - or should we make that months?!

Room Tip: Some of the Beachfront rooms have views of the sea partly obscured by palm trees
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dash12345
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have always wanted to become PADI certified and I knew that the resort offered scuba classes. After consulting with our travel agent Danialle from Beach Bum Vacation I decided to sign up for the eLearning class and I finished my training at the resort. The diving team at Beaches Negril was absolutely fantastic. The highlight of my trip was being able to complete my goal and now I am officially PADI certified.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
17 Thank GinaM3827
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have been to Beaches Negrill 5 or 6 times, and Beaches resort in turks and caicos 8 times. The manager, Andre at beaches Negrill is by far the best manager I have ever dealt with at one of the resorts. He was great with the kids calling them his "super cool friend" and always had a smile on his face. It absolutely made the exerience that much better and that is why I continue to go to beaches each year, the service is unmatched and the diving was beautiful as well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank jakequig42
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

My family and I(party of 9) went August 4-9th of this year. We had a wonderful time. The service we received was fantastic, especially from Ian. My grandchildren loved hanging out with Dwayne (they called him Dwayne Wade) and were amazed by the talents of Trouble at the Venetian. The lazy river was the hot spot for the kids and the lady there couldn't be nicer, even though she has to put up with rude and racist guests, she just continued to do her work. My grandkids and I made it a point to bring back the tubes the others just left behind in the water. If you act with kindness, you are treated with kindness and that is all we received at this resort. Even the guy who filled our refrigerator was great. I would highly recommend this resort for families with children. Thank you Beaches Negril for an amazing time!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank noripooh27
burgh757@verizon.net
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

I am a 68 year old female and I recently visited Beaches Negril with my 8 year old granddaughter. In some respects this is a wonderful resort and provides all of the essentials plus many extras. They cater to young families and have day camp and sitters available almost round the clock. They also have good teen activities. The camp for 8-10 year olds lacks direction and true activities. Although the schedule sounds great, when my granddaughter got there the activity sometimes did not happen at all or was poorly run. ( I heard that the 5-7 year old group was wonderful). The other area that was a problem for me was accessibility. Although I am ambulatory, the continuous need to use many steps to access restaurants and then to go to a restroom was very disturbing. When I asked an employee what they would do if someone had a wheelchair, she showed me one place that was accessible. I am sure not all venues are.That being said the rooms and food are excellent and the beach is incredible. The pools and waterparks are staffed with lifeguards and there are many activities near the pool.

Room Tip: We were in the Santa Cruz building. Good rooms for 1 adult/1 child. On the phone operators told me t...
1 Thank scarletd0g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
#8 of 85 in Negril
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,478 reviews

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!