“Wonderful resort for families”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 85 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Harpenden
“Wonderful resort for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

This a wonderful resort for families. We went with our teenage twin girls Sophie and Katie in July and had a great time. The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and good fun - especially Dahalia and Lesmore.
Our family stayed in adjoining top floor Honeymoon Beachfront Grand Luxe Concierge Suites which were roomy and a short distance from all the activities but quiet at night.
We all had a good time, the children made lots of friends and the staff couldn't have done more for us to make our holiday special. The beach was excellent, water sports such as water skiing and banana boat rides were available as part of the all-inclusive package together with trips on a glass bottom boat and another to go snorkelling in the warm clear sea.
The Stewfish restaurant on the beach has beautiful views of the sea and beach, but remember to use insect spray on your legs when it gets dark.
Overall fantastic! One of the best holidays we have been on, the children didn't want to come home and we could have easily enjoyed staying there another one or two weeks - or should we make that months?!

Room Tip: Some of the Beachfront rooms have views of the sea partly obscured by palm trees
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dash12345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,188)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have always wanted to become PADI certified and I knew that the resort offered scuba classes. After consulting with our travel agent Danialle from Beach Bum Vacation I decided to sign up for the eLearning class and I finished my training at the resort. The diving team at Beaches Negril was absolutely fantastic. The highlight of my trip was being able to complete my goal and now I am officially PADI certified.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
17 Thank GinaM3827
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have been to Beaches Negrill 5 or 6 times, and Beaches resort in turks and caicos 8 times. The manager, Andre at beaches Negrill is by far the best manager I have ever dealt with at one of the resorts. He was great with the kids calling them his "super cool friend" and always had a smile on his face. It absolutely made the exerience that much better and that is why I continue to go to beaches each year, the service is unmatched and the diving was beautiful as well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank jakequig42
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

My family and I(party of 9) went August 4-9th of this year. We had a wonderful time. The service we received was fantastic, especially from Ian. My grandchildren loved hanging out with Dwayne (they called him Dwayne Wade) and were amazed by the talents of Trouble at the Venetian. The lazy river was the hot spot for the kids and the lady there couldn't be nicer, even though she has to put up with rude and racist guests, she just continued to do her work. My grandkids and I made it a point to bring back the tubes the others just left behind in the water. If you act with kindness, you are treated with kindness and that is all we received at this resort. Even the guy who filled our refrigerator was great. I would highly recommend this resort for families with children. Thank you Beaches Negril for an amazing time!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank noripooh27
burgh757@verizon.net
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

I am a 68 year old female and I recently visited Beaches Negril with my 8 year old granddaughter. In some respects this is a wonderful resort and provides all of the essentials plus many extras. They cater to young families and have day camp and sitters available almost round the clock. They also have good teen activities. The camp for 8-10 year olds lacks direction and true activities. Although the schedule sounds great, when my granddaughter got there the activity sometimes did not happen at all or was poorly run. ( I heard that the 5-7 year old group was wonderful). The other area that was a problem for me was accessibility. Although I am ambulatory, the continuous need to use many steps to access restaurants and then to go to a restroom was very disturbing. When I asked an employee what they would do if someone had a wheelchair, she showed me one place that was accessible. I am sure not all venues are.That being said the rooms and food are excellent and the beach is incredible. The pools and waterparks are staffed with lifeguards and there are many activities near the pool.

Room Tip: We were in the Santa Cruz building. Good rooms for 1 adult/1 child. On the phone operators told me t...
1 Thank scarletd0g
Downs, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

I meant to put this out here a while ago. We went to the Beaches resort from June 29th through July 7th of this year. We had 16 people in our party. We had a great time. The grounds are beautiful. Sun and fun. The workers there are very friendly. They remember you from day to day. There were a few I wanted to mention because they did a great job, or just went above and beyond each day. There was Nadine who was our housekeeper. She kept our rooms neat, left us alone if we still needed the room or worked around us quietly, and help with locating things at the resort that we needed. Arika was a worker in the main dining area (the buffet). She was there almost every meal with a smile and a kind word. Remembering to ask about what we had done the day before. Samantha also worked at the restaurants and what very good with the children in our group. She was a ray of sunshine.

The beach is beautiful. The sand is soooo soft. The pools are great. The children in our group loved the kids pool. The adults in our group loved the swim up bars.

Overall a very nice vacation. I would go back again.

Room Tip: The rooms next to the Couples resort next door can be noisy. They have a nightclub or something in...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

The staff at Beaches is great, everyone is friendly and very helpful. We were placed in a room next to a family with small children and we were concerned that our schedules would not be ideal for either family because we have teens that would be out late. Ian at the front desk understood our concern was extremely helpful and moved our room immediately.

Arizona’s - The food was great and the staff was fantastic they were upbeat, fun, and the service was great. Compliments to Joyalee, Vennesia and Orville.

Venetian – The food was good but don’t make reservations here if you are planning to meet up with others after dinner because the service is slow and your not going to be on time.

The Mill – Is a great buffet but we had to track down our server to get drinks. Overall the food was good.

Stewfish – We only ate there for breakfast twice, the first time service was extremely slow, but the following day service was great.

Kimonos – Absolutely the best restaurant in the resort. Our chef was amazing, talented, funny, and sang all the up to date music with his own improve while preparing a fantastic meal. This is a great ice breaker if you want to meet other guests, I would recommend doing it early in your stay. We were celebrating our Daughters 16th birthday and had the pleasure of sharing the fun with two other families which made it a great celebration. It was fantastic meeting such nice people and had lots of fun.

Keep your eye on the activity list that comes out daily. There are lots of special events going on and you could easily miss some fun activities.

Water sports - The water sports were not lacking, there was little or no wait for any of the activities except for water skiing. Skiing starts at 8:30am sharp, you need to be there bright and early because the water gets choppy around 11:00am.

Sun worshipers don’t need to get to the beach early but, if you are looking for some shade you need to get to the beach or pool early to reserve your seat. Many of the spots under the umbrellas were reserved for the butler service but, if you get there early enough you can find a good spot.

You want to request a room away from the front entrance. The morning preparation for the day starts at 6:30am and will wake you if you were out late the night before.

Overall, this was a great family vacation and has something for everyone. We are already planning our next vacation to Beaches.

Room Tip: You want to request a room away from the front entrance. The morning preparation for the day starts...
1 Thank Doreen M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
#8 of 85 in Negril
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,478 reviews

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!