“Amazing Experience!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mineola, New York
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My new husband and I recently got married (1/18/2014) at Beaches Negril. When planning using phone calls I figured that it was all going to be a mess when I got there. But then we met Shannon, our wedding planner. She was amazing(a perfectionist). Shannon not only provided us with wonderful services but she set my mind as ease when it came to things we forgot, like the dance floor, or even just my mother causing me stress. No matter what was going on she had a solution. (even when my flower girls were falling asleep during the reception she brought over a lounge chair and a pillow) Going into doing a destination wedding I was told to keep my expectations low. Right now I can say that I wouldn't have changed a thing. It was above and beyond my expectations, more than I could ever dream of. Everyone who came had a blast and the people who didn't are kicking themselves for not going. We used the resort photographer and he was great. He was creative with his shots and even stayed a little longer to get shots of the dance floor. Our bartender, Miguel, was also amazing. He kept the drinks flowing and the bride happy with her fruity rum drinks. The DJ took the list of songs I piled together and provided my wedding with the best mix to dance our butts off to. I couldn't imagine our wedding to be any different and it was all because of the service we received.
We stayed at Beached Negril for 6 days. throughout our time there we felt like royalty. Everyone knew who we were and made sure we were happy. Courtney made sure everyone was happy with their rooms and if there was any issue we encountered, he took care of it. Our first day we were lucky enough to be served by O'Neil and Savoy at the pool bar. They made us great drinks, including the jelly fish shots and were hilarious. They made us feel so special the entire time we were there. Dino's pizzeria was great, the BBQ park had great jerk chicken and patties. The food at the Mill was great with such variety.
Every person that we met at Beaches Negril made our time there special. We thank the resort and everyone who we met while we were celebrating our wedding with our family for making our time there so special. We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: The concierge rooms are worth it. The buildings in the middle of the resort are great because you ar...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,196)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I tell you...the resort gets better and better every year! It was our second visit and we had the most amazing time! The resort and beach are immaculately kept. The staff was so hardworking and so kind to our children who are 10 and 13 years old. We loved the new Cafe du Paris. Lots of love to Stacy and the ladies who served us gourmet coffee and delicious pastries. My favorite was the Chocolate buffet on Friday!!! The entertainment was fabulous. They had an amazing steel band that rocked the house! It's a must see! Shout out to the entertainment staff, especially Kenton who helped my kids come out of their shells. The resort is worth the money. Everyone should experience beaches or sandals resorts at least once in their lifetime, but most of all Jamaica! So much to do and see!

1 Thank C S
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This resort has absolutely nothing to complain about except for the paper thin walls. We are returning Beaches guests (having been to T&C previously) and were shocked at how thin the walls were on our stay January 2014. We requested and were granted a room change by the wonderful front desk staff (thanks Hilroy!) and even given a free upgrade to try and help our 15-month-old daughter to sleep.. only to have the same thin walls in the upgraded room.. you could hear every movement, word, door slamming,cry etc from the neighbours... Needless to say we will not be returning any time soon as anyone with a child knows, when the baby doesn't sleep no one is happy!

Otherwise the resort was incredible (although I think T&C was much nicer), the food was great, and the beach is a dream come true.

If you have the opportunity, I'd say pick T&C over Negril.

Room Tip: Room 702 had a gorgeous view of the ocean, was convenient for access to the beach and main buffet re...
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed February 5, 2014

What a great experience! Every single staff member treated us like royalty. They were fun, friendly, helpful...we did not want for anything. A group of 20 of us went for our daughter's wedding and I couldn't imagine a better place to celebrate their marriage.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank davidcmontoya
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I were traveling to Jamaica, but Couples Swept Away was booked. So, we rented at Beaches. We arrived and they showed us to a room that wasn't what we reserved, but they immediately upgraded us (after we said something) to a suite. Unfortunately the suite was in the hub of the resort traffic. That's lesson #1 - generally, stay away from ground floor room, particularly in the middle of the resort. On your deck you're just watching everyone walk by and there's very little peace and quiet. After suffering through that for a day we asked them to move us to another room, which they did quickly and pleasantly. We were moved to #121 which is the ideal room. It's on the end of the property up against a public park that no one seems to use. Very quiet.

The room - we ended up in the suite, although we saw three rooms. All of the rooms were really clean (and my wife is nuts about that kind of stuff). It's a really nice room.

The food - we had never done all inclusive before and we did eat out one night. Although there are instances of mediocre food, the aspect of all inclusive grew on us as we found the things we liked and got them until we could eat no more. They also keep a refrigerator stocked in your room...that's nice...and will even bring wine/champagne to your room on request.

Don't go here if your a couple (no kids) or you get room 121. There are a lot of kids activities going on and generally...lots of kids. However, my wife and I both agreed that our kids would love the resort and all of the kids seem to be having a good time.

There are lots of water sports and guys walking the beach asking you if you want to buy 'something'. Even if you're interested in sampling the local Jamaican flavor the constant soliciting of local treats can get annoying. We did notice that they never talked to the kids and operate on the edges on the property. Resort security is on top of your movements too. When you leave or enter the property (via the beach or the road) they keep track of you.

The hotel is about 15 minutes from wherever you want to go.

Overall, it is a really nice place and everyone seems to be having a good time. Keep to the 100s/200s rooms at the end of the property. If you're on the other end you get the night life from Couples Swept Away.

Room Tip: Simply, if you want some quiet and privacy at the resort, room 121.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rj2345
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at Beaches Negril from Jan 26-Feb 2.

Room: We booked the honeymoon deluxe double room and were given room 220 in the santa cruz building. It was not an oceanview room so we faced the road. However, this was not an issue as it was very quiet with the patio door closed. The room is a basic room - nothing like the brochure photo's but you're not there to sit in the room so it was just fine. It was only a few minutes walk to the beach and water park and given we go to bed early, it was in a very quiet area of the resort.

Beach - amazing. Calm and clear water. Perfect for young children. Look for the starfish. There were always plenty of towels and lots of huts.

Food - quite good for an all inclusive. We ate at every restaurant and enjoyed them all. Stew fish has a great breakfast. The breakfast chef (Seymore I think) always has a Jamaican special which is delicious. He even comes out to introduce himself and to see how you liked it. The pizza is very good at Dino's - great job Maurizio!. The Italian restaurant is very nice as well - good service and great rack of lamb. The cafe Paris serves nice crapes with nutella and the ladies there are wonderful. The bar staff on the beach were great as well. Careena took an effort to get to know us and remembered our names which is very nice.

Water Activities - the banana boat only worked 1 day out of 7 (and only between 2-4) which was a bit disappointing. But the other activities were great. There are snorkelling/scuba/glass bottom boat trips that go out several times a day so definitely take advantage of that. The staff on the glass bottom boats are great. One guy spotted a puffer fish and jumped in to show it to us. The kids really loved that.

Entertainment - there was always a 7pm show for the kids followed by an 8pm show. One night they brought in the silver bird orchestra. They were fabulous. Another night, it was a circus show which was excellent as well. The magic shows were loved by the kids as well.

Nurse - thank you to the nurse that looked after my daughter when she stepped on the bee.

A few items that management should consider:

1. WiFi charge. Really? Do you really need to charge us that extra $50? Just add it in to the cost of the trip.

2. Lifeguard staff - they need to be more attentive. I saw them talking to each other/dancing/socializing and not focusing so much. Although, there was a nice gentlemen at the lazy river that took my daughter right away to the nurse when she got stung by a bee.

3. Hand Washing - I saw the lady cook at the bbq grill handle raw burgers and then just rinse her hands with water (no soap) then she touched the buns. To her credit, she was working very,very hard and in my opinion more staff is needed at that grill.

Overall - Beaches did a great job and we would return again.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Me, my husband and 3 year old daughter stayed at the beaches negril resort mid January 2014. Upon arrival we were treated with nothing but love and great hospitality, especially by mr.Hilroy. Staying in the honeymoon deluxe garden view room was very good for us we didn't hear any noise as others have mentioned. We did bring plenty of mosquito repellent as others had also mentioned to bring but because we went mid january we didn't encounter with any bugs/flies/mosquitos/sand fleas. We did use some repellent on some evenings but again the flies/mosquitos were not visible to us. The one thing I did find rather annoying was the tree frogs that would make an annoying beeping sound all night long, but once u fall asleep you can't really hear them anymore.
We did eat at the resort quiet often especially at the mill. The mill had very good food as did the bbq joint, the piazza and stew fish restaurant was very good as well. The only complaint I have about the food is that I do wish it was better quality. other then that it was very satisfying.
We didn't encounter any issues with the locals harassing or annoying us to purchase stuff. A simple no thank you will do just fine.
The sesame street characters were very entertaining for our 3 year old, we also had abby cadabby do a tuck-in special for her which made her very happy.
The camp staff is absolutely amazing, very friendly, kind hearted and caring people, they take such good care of kids. I was very happy with that. I was very comfortable with leaving my daughter with them for the hour or 2 my husband and I wanted to have a drink.
The best part of our trip was meeting our personal driver/taxi mr.chuky. His knowledge and hospitality was very pleasing for us. We called him on several different occasions to visit the craft markets, shopping mall, black river safari tour, YS falls as well as Rick's Cafe. through-out our tours with him he let us know many things about the history of Jamaica. Driving through the streets he had a lot of knowledge about when things were built and such. His taxi is a red plated taxi and its a van which fits a family perfectly, he doesn't pick up other passengers which made it more private for us. red-plated taxis in jamaica are better because they do have insurance and are more skilled and experienced. mr chuky was very professional and helpful when he gave us all of our tours. He also didn't pressure us into paying him, we were the ones who offered him whatever we felt comfortable paying. He truly made our trip to Jamaica worthy and fun. I did save his number for the future which is (876) 414- 2611. He is truly an amazing and kind tour guide. ps. Rick's cafe has very overpriced food but it was very delicious. I do suggest asking mr.chuky to take you to try some of the real jamaican food which is available along the streets of jamaica. We got 3 large meals from a local jamaican food vendor for 11 bucks american! YS falls is a must! and so is the craft vendors. Mr.chuky made all this possible for us. truly grateful and an unforgettable time thanks to him and the staff and beaches negril. We can't to go back!!

Room Tip: garden view is the quieter side. Bathrooms could use a little bit of a renovation, but very clean ot...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
#7 of 85 in Negril
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,514 reviews

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!