“Friendly Staff”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bel Air, Maryland
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 different times. First time to scout out our wedding site and the second visit was to get married. The wedding department was great at this hotel. I could always get a hold of someone and they were very flexible in doing what we wanted. The staff was always friendly and the grounds were always clean. The pools were awesome! Great for kids of all ages. Everyone always was entertained with something at this resort. The 2 things I didn't like about the hotel was the ride to it was an hour and a half and the haggling on the beach. Everyday someone was coming up to us trying to sell something. We got sick of it and just stayed off the beach and played at the pool. We were sad because the water is warm and beautiful. If the hotel staff was more strict on the soliciting it would be much better. I would still recommend this hotel to families.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,229)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2013

stayed at the beaches Negril resort 11/27/13-12/4/13, with my two kids ages 12 and 15. The resort ground are very well maintained and the grounds are very clean. The beach was beautiful. The staff was very friendly, these are the good points. The food is another story for the money this place charges the food was nothing but fair, there were only two air conditioned restaurants that you needed to have reservations for, the other where out door dining which was somewhat uncomfortable due to the heat. I don't think I would return .

Room Tip: if you have small children ask for a room near the water park.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank maria c
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Just returned from five nights at Braches Negril....wish we had a few more days! Travelled with my husband , 13 year old son and 15 year old daughter...it was amazing! Staff was so friendly, engaging and helpful. We spent so much time at the water sports...the staff took us snorkeling, boating, sailing...even taught the kids to waterski! There is a ton of value in the complimentary water sports for an active family. We also enjoyed the paddle boards and kayaks. The pools, hot tubs and lazy river were relaxing and clean...plenty of rafts to relax in the sun. All the food was very good...we enjoyed all the restaurants...especially The Mill for Breakfast, the BBQ and pizza at lunch, and Arizonas and kimonos at dinner. La Toya and Jodi helped us arrange a great excursion with CHUKKA zip lining and kayaking, and a quick trip to Ricks to watch the sunset and cliff divers. Loved ending the night at Cafe de Paris with Venessia, Stacy and Tricshel...they treated my family like gold....yummy cappuccino, ice cream and crepes. Finally...the beach...the most beautiful I've ever seen...simply stunning....the highlight of the resort. I highly recommend for families with teenagers...this was a trip I will always cherish.

Room Tip: Enjoyed being on the ground level....
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Alissa3
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We came with a large group in January 2002. They messed up our room & gave us one king size bedroom for myself, husband & two children. At first they told us no other rooms available hut finally after some persistence we got a larger room with a sleep sofa and a roll out bed. After that we had the times of our lives. Excellent food and many restaurant choices. The kids camp was safe and my joys loved their time there. Beaches were clean & I was glad they had security on site taking names if we wanted to go off the beach. They were very concerned about well being of guests. I look forward to doing again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Once again I have had an amazing stay at this resort. We made so many new friends, and got reacquainted with old. The staff here truly makes this destination one to return to over, and over again. Alicia, Sharron, Creton, Raphael, Watkins are just a few people that daily make you smile, and the kids were so comfortable moving abou,t and helping themselves at Cafe De Paris (their favourite place for ice cream, and treats. I do Recommend hiring the glass bottom boat for a private snorkeling tour, and you have to bring Sharron and Creton for pictures, and a truly amazing experience. We seen way more critters than you would just going with the regular tours.
The staff at Kimonos, there is soo much to say. Friendly, fun.. and just an overall great time. Can't wait to see you all again!!!!Makedo (not sure on spelling) is by far the best chef in any of the Kimono's I have been too, and my son can't wait to "play" again with him..
The beach is still beautiful as ever, and our room was spacious, clean and quiet. I have heard of some people complaining about noise, but we had no issues.
The Stewfish is the best place for breakfast on the resort, hands down.. and the view.. wow I could really get used to that every morning.
Watch for the cats, they are ferral and not nice - even if you feed them..
For a small intimate resort, this place is by far my 1st choice in an all inclusive family resort.

Room Tip: Concierge suites, ocean front. Best locations, and views from the balconies. You get fully stocked m...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from an amazing family vacation at beaches...ranging from ages 10 to 75. Everyone had a great time.

Food was pretty good...really enjoyed the seafood restaurant on the beach, and the beef short ribs at the bbq place were really yummy too. The staff were super friendly...I would rate them 6 stars out of 5! Looking back on the trip, and comparing it to many other vacations around the world, I have to say that the service and staff at beaches were the best! That's the difference between a4 star resort and 5.would love to go back

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NYexplorer
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Beaches Negril! We're thrilled to read that you and your family had such an incredible stay with us. It was a pleasure hosting you and our staff will be so happy to hear your kind comments. We can't wait to welcome you all back in the future!

Happy Travels!
New York
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I travelled to this hotel with my two children, husband and mother. We booked a one bedroom suite - which we were told sleeps 8 people and so I figured with three adults and two children (one being an infant) we would have plenty of room. Unfortunately this was not the case. The room was tiny, not only tiny, but had very large bulky furniture and hard to walk around in. The one room had a king bed and the other room had two pullout couches. My mother slept in the pullout couch that was so old, the mattress and springs were actually not even with the floor and it was as if you were sleeping upright. The hotel was accommodating in moving out the couch, and brought in a rolloway bed but didn't have a mattress available to put on the bed after moving out the couch! So after calls and calls, we finally had them put enough padding (with blankets etc) to make a mattress. Additionally, the people staying at the hotel seemed to be very heavy drinkers (parents getting completely drunk on the beach). Also, with an infant, the hotel and the resort next door have very late night parties with loud music - not the type of environment for sleeping children. As such, my final take on the hotel is this: If you drink a lot of cheap alcohol, and like to eat yourself into oblivion, this hotel is for you. If you are looking for a nice room, relaxing vacation, an occasional drink or two, and a family type environment, then do not visit this establishment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank salkafaji
We regret to hear that we did not meet quite your expectations during your stay. We have many guests who feel the direct opposite and have boasted of our beautiful property and well-appointed rooms. However, as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your review. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team on resort for evaluation and action as necessary. We hope to welcome you back for a much better experience in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!