“Perfect place for a wedding with kids!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I were very impressed with Beaches Negril; the staff was extremely energetic, courteous, and very friendly. Carey from BeachBum Vacations definitely out did herself! She was awesome. Our wedding planner, Tesha, was excellent. She went out of her way to make sure we got everything we requested for our wedding. Beaches definitely has kids in mind, the main dinning area had child size dinner tables, child size buffet island, and the Sesame Street characters were always popping by to say hello. The food was top notch, it blew my expectations of "all-inclusive" food away. The rooms were very welcoming and warm, the furniture was not a crazy leafy pattern which was a nice little surprise. When Beaches states they have a "no tipping" policy they aren't kidding, not once did anyone in our party felt pressured to leave a tip which was a great relief (even with the bar/wait staff!). The concierge service was very helpful when we had a possible issue getting our daughter back to the states with her grandmother which was a huge relief.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
14  Thank TheSchlosser13
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for your review of Beaches Negril. It was an honor to have had the opportunity to share such a special moment in your lives with you. I'm so glad that you enjoyed every minute of your vacation and special day.

We hope to see you again soon. Hopefully next year for a wonderful anniversary stay!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I traveled in September with our children (3 & 4) and had so much fun we committed to another week in 2014. We have traveled extensively and found that this resort knew exactly what we (and importantly our kids) wanted. The vibe is so family friendly that the stress of worrying about the kids just evaporated and we all had an amazing vacation together and came back rested (Mom and Dad too ). As for the staff, waiters, bartenders, housecleaning ALL engaged with our kids (and learned their names) (O'Shane - our son Matthew still speaks about you 2 months later) – well done to you all!
The Kids club staff were ALL amazing and it was like pulling teeth sometimes to get our kids to come to the Beach or Pool with mom and dad. My wife and I felt completely comfortable leaving our children in the club's care for a few hours or during the day or in the evenings to enjoy some time to ourselves.
The Management was exceptional and I was impressed to see how engaged they were; walking around the property asking for feedback and engaging with clients (really nice to see this).
Now for the Beach - WOW! I had heard that Negril’s beach was amazing but it has to be experienced to be believed. Our 3 year old non swimmer could play in the water it was so calm and crystal clear.
Thank you to all of you (Staff and Management) who made our stay so enjoyable. The little things you do really do make a difference. We are looking forward to our return next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review of Beaches Negril. We're so happy to read that you had such an amazing experience with us. I will be sure to pass your review on to the management and staff on resort. They will be so proud to hear of your kind mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience in the near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Can't say enough about the staff! Extremely helpful and friendly. Sharon from Red Lane Spa is an excellent masseuse. Beautiful spa facilities. Watersports staff eager for all to enjoy the numerous water sports available, especially Lucien. Don't know how to sail? No problem, mon. The staff is happy to take you out sailing to enjoy the beautiful waters. The resort's beach is beautiful, very long and white, fine sand. Gourmet food is wonderful, loved the pizza from the wood stone oven. Marcello knows what he is doing! It was a wonderful vacation for a couple of BFFs who don't get to see each other very often.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sl546

Thank you so much for your review. We're so thrilled to read that you had such a great stay with us at Beaches Negril. We love to hear that we've met and exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will be sure to let our staff know of your kind mention. They will all be proud to know how much they contributed to your amazing experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another fabulous stay!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great beach ,food is average.
It's great for families with kids under 11, that's what everyone seems to enjoy the most about this daycare resort. They drop of the kids at daycare,just like home. "Watch your own kids"
Some people just love being catered to.They are all so nice because of tips and if they were not nice they would be back out on the streets...
Why doesn't the management do something about the annoying jetski guys next door.The so called security guys at the resort don't stop them from annoying you wile trying to relax on beach . Then you have the local wood carving people EVERYDAY at beach and throughout the resort , once a week would be just fine.90% of them are real nice the others are a pain in the.
Management should do something about the cat population at the resort, over 50 at least.
Most are injured,blind,etc.. While everyone is complayning about the WI-FI , noise, or getting massages at the spa we were feeding cats through-out the week,and No we are not cat lovers",just unselfish humans.

Room Tip: They are all the same,Who cares. "We are here for the beach!"
2  Thank Tony A

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We're happy that you had a great stay overall. However, we regret to read that we were not able to offer you an exceptional stay with no complaints. We want to make sure future guests do not have similar feedback and will take action by notifying the appropriate departments of your remarks as well as our General Manager. Thank you once again for your review. We hope to see you again in the future for a stay that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Amazing. Only word to describe Shannon, the wedding coordinator, and the entire Beaches staff. The atmosphere, beach, bar, pool, etc. was everything what we had hoped for and more. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and Shannon allowed us to give it our own personal touch every step of the way.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Corigal
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We just completed our 3rd vacation at Beaches in Negril (well, 1 was at Sandy Bay but that's closed). The resort and staff continue to impress my family and friends that we travel with. We travel with a total of 9 kids all under the age of 13 and they have an absolutely terrific time as the size, layout and design of the resort is great for them.

One of our favorite things about this resort is that there seems to be a small amount of turnover in the staff on a year to year basis. There is a large number of staff, in all departments, that we have come to know on a first name basis even without their name tags and many that remember not only my wife and I (and of course our friends) but our kids names and things about them. In a resort that sees thousands of guests a year, this is a remarkable fact. It definitely helps us in getting terrific service and puts us at ease with the safety and care of our children. Don't get me wrong, you will get those things with the new staff as well, but there is a level of comfort with familiarity!

While I can't list everyone that we came into contact with, here are a few of those "friends" that help us during our trip.

Watersports - We spend a lot of time here water skiing, knee-boarding and taking full advantage of the water toys that Beaches offers (aqua-trikes, sailing, paddle surfing etc.). Ricardo, aka Big Ric, Lloyd, Rafeal, Alton and Charles provide us with endless amounts of fun and ensure that we get the most of our time with them. Lloyd and Rafeal's glass bottom boat tours are fun and they really know their stuff and try to find the best spots to impress their passengers. Big Ric was driving the boat for my water skiing and my son's knee boarding. On the rare occasion that there was no line or it was just our group waiting, Ric challenged the kids and took them on extra long routes and cross wakes to see how many bounces the kids could really take on the board and I have to say, the smiles the kids came back with and the jokes they made with Ric about being able to handle his "best shot to make them fall off" are priceless.

Karen and Charles will forever hold a special place for me. This was the year that I decided to go scuba diving and I ended up having Karen as my dive-master. While taking the lessons in the pool with my son (9), I wasn't all that comfortable with the breathing and she assured me that I would be absolutely fine once I got in the ocean the next day. Well, not only was she right, she took my son and I on an underwater tour that I will not soon forget. She kept me calm so that I could really enjoy what I was seeing and I knew that myself and my son were in the most capable hands while exploring and watching the abundant life that included sting rays, hundreds of fish including lionfish, wrasses and colorful tangs. Yes, we saw Nemo and Dory! The first thing I did when getting out of the water was hug Karen and I can't wait to go back next year and make another dive with her! Charles stepped in at no notice once we were back on the boat as we were moving to another spot to pick up some more advanced divers. A dolphin was spotted off the bow of the boat and Charles grabbed our camera and took what are hopefully some great pictures for us!

Bar Staff - While there were many who kept my family and friends hydrated with both adult and kids drinks, Marlon and Leggon really stood out. Marlon was there last year and really made friends with my younger son (5) and had him laughing and dancing around the entire week. This continued this year as he remembered my son's name and what he likes and played with him every chance he could get. Great job Marlon! Much appreciated. Leggon kept me refreshed and well...wondering what was in his "Leggon Specials". I highly recommend that if you do not have a drink of choice, or want to try something new, just ask him for a "Special". He won't tell you what's in it, but I guarantee, you won't be disappointed!

Concierge Service - Ricardo and Carla - simply awesome! What ever we wanted, whether we knew it or not, they provided for us.

When it was time to eat the staff was entertaining, efficient and entirely personable. From Winston in the BBQ pit, to Michele and Simone at Arizona's, to Gregory, Eleroy and Damian at the Venecian, you couldn't ask for better staff. By the way, check out Damian at the Beach Party when he puts all sorts of objects on his head and dances around. This year it was an upside down table. I'm not kidding! I've got pictures! According to my son, Michael at the Mill makes the world's best omelets.

I really could go on and on, but suffice it to say, I think you all get the point. The staff is great. The grounds are beautiful. The beach is gorgeous and the resort on a whole is well worth the trip.

We have already booked our vacation for next year and are counting down the days. When you arrive and they ask if you've been there before, should you say yes, they will reply with "Welcome Home!". That couldn't be a more appropriate response. Beaches is our "home" in Jamaica!

David

Room Tip: The only reason that I don't give Food an excellent rating is that we felt that there could be m...
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our decision to use a travel agent for this vacation was a great one. Mark Brown with Island Breeze Travel booked the entire trip, told us what to expect and made sure we had a room in a quiet section of the resort so our children could nap easily which was priceless. All we had to do was show up! Once we arrived at the resort we knew we were going to have a great time. We had a cranky two and four year old with us and were immediately taken to a beautiful room which was then stocked with fruit and drinks while a crib was brought up. We changed, went to a restaurant and our two year old had a complete meltdown. I wish I knew the name of the woman who came and whisked her off for a change of scenery and a snack which brought an end to the crying thankfully. The rest of the trip went smoothly with positive experiences with the childcare. We utilized their services every day and were never disappointed. Kadia was especially warm with our girls. Our favorite day in Negril was arranged by the cabana concierge, Andre. He met us upon arrival and while he was trying to sell us a service, he took the time to learn our names and interact with our children. We were sold! The cabana was beautiful, comfortable and stocked with our favorite drinks. Andre was beyond attentive during the day and provided some great insight into the Jamaican culture. We were able to lay in the cabana and listen to the rain that fell in the afternoon and I can't recall a more relaxing day. Our other favorite feature was the sesame street characters. The nightly shows were great and to whomever plays Cookie Monster- you rock! I was more entertained than the girls at times! Wearing those costumes in the heat can not be easy but it really was magical for our daughters. Other features that deserve a shout out are the folks in housekeeping that keep the rooms impeccable- LOVE the turn down service, and the kitchen staff. The effort that goes in to all the pastries, fruit displays, etc is truly amazing and appreciated. Another point of interest is that we booked our trip during the slow season and while the resort wasn't teeming with families as at more popular times, the service was not affected. Everyone was attentive and the entertainment enthusiastic.

You do need to remember, the beach on Negril is public. There are locals selling a variety of knick knacks and trinkets daily. We were never harassed and a simple no was accepted, but it is a common occurrence. The resort is also very attentive to your photography needs in that there are photo ops everywhere and a photo shoot is available anytime upon request. We were able to take wonderful pictures of our own and get some great pics from the Beaches staff. But please note...the resort photos do not come cheap. You can easily get into the several hundreds of dollars for your pics, so I would recommend that you plan accordingly.

The drive to the resort was a bit of an adventure. It provided a very neat glimpse into the Jamaican culture, driving through towns during the Friday market was something we had never experienced. Although the trip is roughly an hour and a half and if you are used to roads in the United States, well lets just say you might want to have a couple drinks on the way.

As for extras (in addition to the cabana) the character breakfast was great. It was $50 for our family of four, and was money well spent. All of the Sesame characters attended and the kids loved it.

At the end of the day- we LOVE Jamaica. What I wouldn't give right now to hear someone say "no problem" or "yeah mon!" Time to start planning our next trip!

3  Thank Jason H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The Cliff Hotel
The Cliff Hotel
#3 of 80 in Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!