“Simply the best time I've ever had on Vacation!!!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 85 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Simply the best time I've ever had on Vacation!!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Having been on two trips to Sandals previously (Royal Caribbean & Royal Bahamian), I was a little hesitant when the birth of our first child forced me to change my next trip from Sandals to Beaches. I don't mind kids, but my idea of a nice vacation doesn't involve hundreds of them screaming everywhere I go. Let me just say that Beaches has this figured out. It's a combination of the endless amount of activities for their guests of all ages and their staff who are literally paid to keep people engaged in activity and having fun that keeps this from being an issue at all. This trip actually blew my previous ones out of the water. People at work have asked me to rate the stay on the 1 to 10 scale and I've given it a 12. I've really never had a better time and I've already booked my next visit at the Beaches Negril Resort.

Let me say too that it's refreshing to be somewhere where the staff genuinely seems happy to see you and appears to really love what they do. I've never really liked the servant-like vibe of a quiet wait staff tending to my needs without making eye contact and that type of thing. This is waaay better. Everywhere we went, it was Beaches staff having fun AND taking care of their guests. Within minutes they knew us all by name and I couldn't go anywhere without one of them stopping and checking in one me like we'd known each other for years.

My son turned nine months old during our stay here and I wasn't sure how it would be with an infant on the trip. It was perfect, and this is once again due to the unbelievable Beaches team. From the bartenders making him fruit smoothies to the waiters brining him little bowls of mashed potatoes, it was so refreshing to see that he was never an afterthought, but rather another guest with his own set of needs that were consistently met. Team members all over the resort knew AJ by name and held him everywhere we went. I must have pictures of AJ with a dozen different staff members. The balance that they strike here can not be understated in my opinion. It's one thing to have a resort cater to children and accept the fact that you're an adult taking part in a kid's trip. It's another to drag a kid along to what is obviously an adult's excursion. This was remarkably different. Somehow it never felt like we were involved in one or the other. Rather we were both (adults and child) happy and entertained simultaneously and consistently. Looking back I'm still not sure how they pulled this off.

As for all of the basic stuff, five stars across the board. The resort was gorgeous. Amenities were perfect and easy to get to from anywhere. The food was amazing, whether it was the unbelievable breakfasts on the beach at Stewfish, some solid lounge food by the pool at the BBQ Grill, a quick run thru the buffet at The Mill, coffee and pastries at Cafe' d Paris, or a special meal at The Venetian or Kimonos. The room was great and so was our view, with direct lines of sight to the beach and the pool from our balcony. I've never seen a more beautiful stretch of beach in my life. To me, this blew the Sandals Royal Caribbean out of the water.

As you can probably tell though, it was the Beaches staff that pushed this above and beyond into the "Paradise" category for me. There are so many wonderful people there and I only wish I'd have taken the time to write their names down now so I could call them each out one by one. Every person at the pool bar who made specialty kid drinks for my son, every hostess and waiter at every restaurant who stopped by to see AJ while we ate, the wonderful lady at the Lazy River who became AJ's best friend in no time, the great team at the Soon Come Back Office, the wonderful House Cleaning team who made little animals out of towels on our bed that AJ loved, the guy who made special trips daily to restock our fridge with water to make sure we could make plenty of bottles for AJ, and on and on and on.

There is one name that I won't forget and that is Richard. Richard had the unfortunate task of seeing me in a less than desireable state on my first night in. I'd traveled all day and was pretty tired when lightning forced us out of the pool and I found my way to his bar. Let's just say that I probably had one too many while my wife and son napped in our room. Not only did Richard check on me the next morning, but he checked in on AJ at breakfast every day, got to be friends with my wife, and stood with us in the lobby to see us off when the shuttle came to pick us up on our last day. He wanted to make sure we had bottled water for the drive back to the airport and that we got off safely. I was amazed at how genuinely he cared about our safety and enjoyment during our time at Beaches. I've never had this experience at Sandals before. The company would do well to find as many more Richards as possible and you'd do well to find the only Richard at Beaches Negril once you get there. Just don't question the strength of his drinks if you catch him bartending and whatever you do, don't ask for the "wheelchair".

Thank you Beaches Negril. You gave me a week of pure bliss with my new son during which I forgot about work and all the stress of my life back home and just bonded with my son. You gave me the best week of my life and you can count on seeing me again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,188)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This resort was the first all-inclusive family oriented resort we have been to accommodate our 9 year old son... HE LOVED IT....this resort is family friendly and not adult oriented please remember this. All the people met all of our expectations in all ways. The Kids club was awesome. My son didn't want to leave, he spent 2 full days at the camp and loved every minute..
Loved the SPA - thank you Donna, Natesha
Loved the Venetian - Thank you Gregory for your attention to detail..
Would recommend this resort to anyone with younger kids 3 - 12

Con: the resort needs some TLC cosmetically...

1 Thank Bjeffery1969
Deptford, New Jersey
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was my second visit to a Sandals/Beaches resort. First visit was to Sandals Ochos Rios which was amazing. This visit to Beaches Negril was beautiful with a few hiccups along the way. The concierge service needs some improvements. One example from my experience was I paid $180.00 for a massage for my wife. The concierge took down my appointment and massage service on a blank piece of paper. Needless to say I made her massage for 9am and they had no record of it. I had to call myself to the Redlane Spa and make the appt. myself for a second time.
There were other problems we had but I would be here for a while. They also lost several dinner reservations we made. I feel like we were better off making the reservations ourselves so we know they were done correctly. The resort itself was beautiful but we were approached several times a day by locals walking down the beach trying to sell us excursions and marijuana. There was security on the beach but they did not stop the locals from walking on the property and hassling the guest. Sandals was more secluded and this never happened once.
Now for the good:
Like I stated before the resort was beautiful. Staff was amazing. Special shout outs to Oniel and Marlon and there young lady helper ,I can't recall her name,at the main pool bar. They were amazing and keep the party going all day. Say The Word......Say it to my Face....(from the vodka guy and Popsicle). Renard at the beach bar was also amazing and such a good time.
The photographer Antione for my brothers wedding was great and took fabulous pictures. If you are having a wedding I would request him to be your photographer.
All and all I would return it a Beaches resort just probably not in Negril. I would however like to return to visit Oniel,Marlon, and Antione. Thanks for a great time.

Room Tip: Beach front room. Skip the concierge service.
2 Thank Brian B
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

October 2-October 6th 2013
This was my first international vacation and even more importantly my destination wedding so I worked closely with our travel agent and the reviews of trip advisor! Everything you read on these reviews about Beaches is true!

My now husband and 14 other friends and family members traveled to Beaches, Negril for our destination wedding on October 5th. We booked beaches thinking that my sister and young nieces would be making the wedding. Unfortunately they couldn't make it, so with our group now being all over 21 adults we were a little concerned with it being a family resort. All my worries were taken away the moment we walked into the grand and flowing entrance. Country greeted Nickolas (my husband) and I with a few family members who flew in a few days before. Then Ian showed all of us around the grounds with a few stops in between so we could get a cocktail :) amazing person! I met with our wedding Shannon the next day. She was absolutely a blessing to have! She paid attention to what I wanted to feel like on my wedding day and was very patient with Nickolas and I when we asked a hundred questions. She was a perfect wedding coordinator and a fantastic person! I will absolutely never forget how nice and lovely every person was at Beaches. It was absolutely an honor to have my wedding day there. I loved the spa sauna and gym! (Used it everyday) the gluten-free pizza! Brien was awesome too! The resort is huge! Our lovely room was beautiful! Every little detail was perfect! We will be back for many years to come.

• Stayed October 2013
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of Beaches Negril. We're thrilled that you had an absolutely wonderful stay and beautiful wedding. We always do our best to ensure our guests are comfortable and worry-free. It was an honor to host you and your family and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Plant City, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went from Sept 30 to Oct 7th for our son's wedding, what a great time. The people were great and friendly. The beaches and water was spectacular. You could not ask for a more accommodating staff, if you go ask for Cortney....

We are planning our next trip for 2014, no wedding just to go. As foe as a destination wedding I would recommend Beaches Negril Resort. Remember you won't get the spectacular sunset at all Jamaican resorts, but at Negril it's amazing...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We're so happy that we made such a great impression on you. You had an amazing vacation and your son had a wonderful wedding. Thank you so much for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back in 2014.
Victoria, BC Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

First of all the people are fantastic. Everyone is determined to make your holiday wonderful. We did have a few complaints but the manager was on our issues immediately and was determined to correct all our issues. Everything was clean even the public toilets were amazingly clean. Modern tiles and spotless. The food - especially Jamaican - was world class. Well all except the Japanese. Beaches should forget about Japanese now they are not travelling. Just awful Sushi. bars after 10:00 pm and the one main bar was horrendously noisy on the Sunday Kareoke night. Compared with Turks it was far too small and not enough quiet spots. But everything was easy to find - even our relatives and friends. For kids it was perfect. For Grandparents - even more perfetc. This is Jamaica. Get it and understand what you are visiting rather than complaining. This is NOT Miami.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just returned from this resort. We went for Fall break and it was the best vacation we have had in a long time. The staff made our vacation, they go out of their way to help you. All the food was great, activities planned were wonderful, rooms clean and well kept. I want to mention some staff that we had the pleasure to interact with while at beaches. I hope I can remember everyone, but I do not feel there was one employee there that was not very polite and helpful. Our first experience started off a little rocky with our room arrangements but Courtney Reid came to the rescue. Wonderful guy very thankful for his help.
My children loved the animals left by the daytime housekeeper: Annette Arthurs. They looked forward to seeing what animal would be waiting in our room. We also really enjoyed our evening house keeper, Patricia Stewart. I would ask for these too again when we return. Next the girls at Café De Paris: Tricshel and Stacy were wonderful! We looked forward to seeing them every day for our sweet tooth cravings. They are so friendly and helpful. We loved the photography at this resort great staff and wonderful beach pictures. Nicole Campbell in the photo shop helped us with our photo package and we were also picked to have our pictures displayed. That made us feel special. We really enjoyed that (hope I spelt this right) Sharron was able to Dive and catch memories of my son and husbands first scuba expierences for me to see since I do not dive yet. Speaking of diving the Watersports Staff are incredible at this resort! Here is some names of who we interacted with while there: Divers: Karen, Donavan, Kemar ( Craig Campbell our favorite! He went above and beyond and made me realize I too can learn to Dive and will next time we visit here!) Desk Help in Watersports: Rosemarie and Diane they knew our names by the end of the week very personable. Ricardo Munroe was a great guy and was very helpful and made sure our stay was going well. Next person I want to mention is our Snorkeling guide and boat driver Howard Hamilton. He made our snorkel adventures the best we have ever been on in all our years of snorkeling. He is an asset to Beaches snorkel adventures, he was very knowledgeable about the life under the sea. He pointed out sea life I would have never even noticed if he had not shown us. He is the best Snorkel guide I have ever had on any snorkel trip with Beaches or Sandals.
I had sun poisoning towards the end of my trip which put a damper in my last days. I was in pain and decided to rent a beach cabana. My Cabana Agent Andrae took good care of me even brought me some Aloe, spoiled my family and made me forget about my sun poisoning. I may not have been able to be in the water but I was able to be on the beach.
I usually only write about the resorts in my reviews but this time the staff made our vacation!!!!
Highly would recommend this place for Vacation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wow! It's so great to hear how much our staff made your stay an incredible experience. You enjoyed our luxurious resort and delicious dining but most of all our friendly staff was able to help you enjoy your stay even more. Thank you for your review. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
The Caves
The Caves
#5 of 85 in Negril

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!