“Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, great place.....”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Plant City, Florida, United States
“Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, great place.....”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went from Sept 30 to Oct 7th for our son's wedding, what a great time. The people were great and friendly. The beaches and water was spectacular. You could not ask for a more accommodating staff, if you go ask for Cortney....

We are planning our next trip for 2014, no wedding just to go. As foe as a destination wedding I would recommend Beaches Negril Resort. Remember you won't get the spectacular sunset at all Jamaican resorts, but at Negril it's amazing...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
We're so happy that we made such a great impression on you. You had an amazing vacation and your son had a wonderful wedding. Thank you so much for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back in 2014.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,211)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Victoria, BC Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

First of all the people are fantastic. Everyone is determined to make your holiday wonderful. We did have a few complaints but the manager was on our issues immediately and was determined to correct all our issues. Everything was clean even the public toilets were amazingly clean. Modern tiles and spotless. The food - especially Jamaican - was world class. Well all except the Japanese. Beaches should forget about Japanese now they are not travelling. Just awful Sushi. bars after 10:00 pm and the one main bar was horrendously noisy on the Sunday Kareoke night. Compared with Turks it was far too small and not enough quiet spots. But everything was easy to find - even our relatives and friends. For kids it was perfect. For Grandparents - even more perfetc. This is Jamaica. Get it and understand what you are visiting rather than complaining. This is NOT Miami.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just returned from this resort. We went for Fall break and it was the best vacation we have had in a long time. The staff made our vacation, they go out of their way to help you. All the food was great, activities planned were wonderful, rooms clean and well kept. I want to mention some staff that we had the pleasure to interact with while at beaches. I hope I can remember everyone, but I do not feel there was one employee there that was not very polite and helpful. Our first experience started off a little rocky with our room arrangements but Courtney Reid came to the rescue. Wonderful guy very thankful for his help.
My children loved the animals left by the daytime housekeeper: Annette Arthurs. They looked forward to seeing what animal would be waiting in our room. We also really enjoyed our evening house keeper, Patricia Stewart. I would ask for these too again when we return. Next the girls at Café De Paris: Tricshel and Stacy were wonderful! We looked forward to seeing them every day for our sweet tooth cravings. They are so friendly and helpful. We loved the photography at this resort great staff and wonderful beach pictures. Nicole Campbell in the photo shop helped us with our photo package and we were also picked to have our pictures displayed. That made us feel special. We really enjoyed that (hope I spelt this right) Sharron was able to Dive and catch memories of my son and husbands first scuba expierences for me to see since I do not dive yet. Speaking of diving the Watersports Staff are incredible at this resort! Here is some names of who we interacted with while there: Divers: Karen, Donavan, Kemar ( Craig Campbell our favorite! He went above and beyond and made me realize I too can learn to Dive and will next time we visit here!) Desk Help in Watersports: Rosemarie and Diane they knew our names by the end of the week very personable. Ricardo Munroe was a great guy and was very helpful and made sure our stay was going well. Next person I want to mention is our Snorkeling guide and boat driver Howard Hamilton. He made our snorkel adventures the best we have ever been on in all our years of snorkeling. He is an asset to Beaches snorkel adventures, he was very knowledgeable about the life under the sea. He pointed out sea life I would have never even noticed if he had not shown us. He is the best Snorkel guide I have ever had on any snorkel trip with Beaches or Sandals.
I had sun poisoning towards the end of my trip which put a damper in my last days. I was in pain and decided to rent a beach cabana. My Cabana Agent Andrae took good care of me even brought me some Aloe, spoiled my family and made me forget about my sun poisoning. I may not have been able to be in the water but I was able to be on the beach.
I usually only write about the resorts in my reviews but this time the staff made our vacation!!!!
Highly would recommend this place for Vacation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wow! It's so great to hear how much our staff made your stay an incredible experience. You enjoyed our luxurious resort and delicious dining but most of all our friendly staff was able to help you enjoy your stay even more. Thank you for your review. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future!
Manorville, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I traveled with my wife and daughter (13) to Beaches Negril Oct.1-Oct. 11, 2013. From the moment we arrived at the resort with a great big greeting from Courtney to the moment we left, it felt like Home. This was our first trip to Beaches Negril and won't be our last. We had stayed at Beaches Boscobel last May and had an incredible time. I was reluctant to try the Negril property since we had such a great time in Boscobel, but I wanted to see more of Jamaica. We made the right choice. The grounds, rooms, restaurants are spectacular, but what truly made this our best family vacation was the staff in Negril. Each and every member of the Beaches staff went out of their way to always smile, ask if we needed anything, and to just genuinely be friendly. My wife and I got certified for SCUBA through the resort PADI course. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys the water. We were a little hesitant at first, but from the moment we signed up at the dive shop with Rosemarie, until we got into the pool with our instructor Norman, we were completely at ease. Norman was incredibly patient with us and is extremely knowledgeable with every aspect of safety and diving fun.
We had a great time at the main pool bar. Oneil the bartender will have you laughing till it hurts, and he makes great drinks as well. My daughter had a great time in the tween/teen camp. If you have never been to a Beaches property, They have extremely well organized camps where kids of the same age group get together with counselors and do different activities throughout the resort. I can't thank Theresa and Shaniqua enough for making my daughters stay nothing short of incredible! They both are extremely responsible and caring to the kids needs. By the end of our stay, I felt as if they were part of my family.
There are theme nights that were great including a beach party and Jamaica night. Kenton was great dancing and getting the crowd into the party, and Dameon has unbelievable balance, dancing with drinks and even a table on his head. A must go to is the "Cafe de Paris". Its a pastry shop on premise that offers homemade ice cream, fresh Blue Mountain Coffee, and unbelievable pastries. Each morning we were greeted by Vennesia's great big smile which automatically set the tone for a great day. We stayed in the Beachfront Concierge Suite in the Montpellier building. Had a great view of the Caribbean. The room was beautiful and was attended to at least twice a day by the housekeeping staff.
What truly made this resort extremely special as I said before, was the staff. One day prior to leaving, my daughter developed an inner ear infection. We went to the resort nurse's office and saw the nurse and doctor. They gave her antibiotics and were hopeful that we would be able to leave as scheduled. She didn't overcome the infection enough inorder to fly, so we had to stay an extra two days. Over that period of time, the nurses (La Tonya and Sharon) called multiple times, even after their workshifts were over, to see how my daughter felt. Dr.'s Foster and Foster (Husband and wife) were extremely patient and helpful.
When we found out we could not fly as scheduled, the Concierge team stepped up to the plate and made every smooth as possible. The were able to arrange for us to stay in the same room, helped me change flights, get my insurance forms etc... Thanks especially to Karen, Stephanie, Talicia, and Lucine for taking away all that stress and let me help my daughter.
These are the reasons why it was so easy to book a return trip to this resort for next June. We are looking forward to it. You get great deals also at the "Come back Soon" office with Anthea, Amanda and Safara. I recommend this resort to all families, they are nothing short of GREAT!

Room Tip: Corner Suites are larger
2 Thank Roy S
Thank you for your great review of Beaches Negril. We're so glad that you and your family had such an amazing stay at our resort. We strive to offer stellar vacations to our guests and I'm happy to know that we did just that during your stay.

We can't wait to welcome you next June!
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I must say I was overjoyed with the experience we have had with Beaches Negril and Ultra Tech Travel. Our travel agent Lindsey at Ultra Tech travel took care of everything for us before our wedding. We had many difficult family members to deal with regarding the travel dates etc. She handled Everything!! She took care of us from the first time I called her. She even helped me with some of the details of the wedding planning. Once we arrived at Beaches Negril we were treated with the best service imaginable. The people were so helpful and friendly. Every single staff member seemed to enjoy their job. I have to give a special thank you to our wedding coordinator Tresh. She was so much fun to work with. She really made everything go smoothly. She handled every detail with the ceremony and reception. It was all very lovely. She gave us everything we wanted and more. I also want to thank our Courtney. He helped us so much with everyone in our families. Especially the older people traveling with us that needed a little extra help. On our wedding day it was raining so I asked Courtney to make it stop before our ceremony and he did!! Again everything was so amazing! You can go many places in the carribean and see gorgeous views just like at Beaches but here on top of that you get THE Best service. The service alone would bring me back here again and again. I have traveled all over the world but I told my husband after this experience I would be happy to only vacation here for the rest of our lives.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 Thank Michele T
Thank you so much for your review of Beaches Negril. I'm so happy that we were able to make both your stay and special day amazing, memorable experiences! No stress, no worries and friendly faces, we love to make our guests feel at home.

We can't wait to welcome you back in the future!
Windham, Maine
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My Husband and I, Daughter & Granddaugher just got home from 10 days at Beaches Negril. This was our 10th visit to a Sandals or Beaches and we have to say this is one of the friendliest resorts we have been to. The service was wonderful from the time we got out of the van to the time we left. We did a Vow Renewal and they could not have made it more perfect. The Granddaughter has a Nut allergy and the chefs made sure that she always had deserts she could eat along with her favorite Banana Bread. The pizza at Dino's was excellent. A special thank you to Oneill at the Main Pool Bar. Whenever we saw him he was always singing & always would call you by your first name and would remember what you were drinking. Our rooms were very nice and always cleaned each day. My Daughter & I used the Spa and it was a wonderful & relaxing experience. Definately a Spoil Me event! From the monemt you arrive at this resort to the time you leave they make you feel like family and do whatever they can to make a wonderful vacation. My Granddaughter who is 13 went to the Tweens Camp and enjoyed all the activities and the counselors. People may think when they look at the prices for Beaches Negril that the prices are higher that other places they have looked it. The old saying is You get what you pay for and they is exactly true in this case. Since this is an all inclusive resort when you arrive you put your wallet in the safe and all your food and drinks are included along with the activities except for what you may book thru the Tour Desk. The food is wonderful no matter what resturant you choose.Everything at Beaches Negril is wonderful but as other people have stated its the friendly people that make the resort so special. Our only complaint is that the vacation went by to quick! Time to start planning another Beaches Negril Vacation!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We're so glad that we were able to make your stay so special. It's great to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your amazing family vacation at Beaches Negril. Thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you back in the near future!
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I just returned home from a wonderful vacation at Beaches Negril. Everything about it was just perfect. The staff is very friendly and the food was really good. Arica at The Mill greeted us with a big smile at breakfast each morning which was so nice. My family had the 2 bedroom butler suite and it was amazing. A big hello and thank you to our Butlers Novia and Ricardo for making our stay at Beaches phenomenal! Loved all the special touches you put in our room and the beach cabana set-up each morning was wonderful. Novia, keep that winning smile, it looks good on you! Thank you to Renado, our beach bartender for all of those great drinks and laughs with the kids. We miss everyone already and we will certainly return asap!! Ya Mon! No problem! :))

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Beaches Negril! We're thrilled to read of your phenomenal stay at our resort. Our staff goes above and beyond to ensure our guests are happy and they'll be so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We can't wait to welcome you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Couples Negril
#8 of 80 in Negril
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!