“Fabulous Vacation”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I recently visited Beaches Negril with my husband and 5 year old son. It was a fantastic week! The beach was beautiful, our room faced the lush gardens and the caribbean and was very clean. My son loved the pools and water park area. He also enjoyed the x-box lounge and his favorite drink was the "frozen bob". I am a beach girl and cannot say enough about how gorgeous it was and how much I enjoyed lounging on the chairs in the shade and swimming in the sparkling caribbean sea. Yes, there are locals who walk the beach, and this was a MAJOR concern of mine having read other reviews, but it was really not that big of a deal. All you have to say is "no thanks" and they leave you alone. They are not allowed to approach the area where the chairs are located so you can lounge on your chair in peace. My husband actually bought a half hour on a jet ski from a local and it was all good, he had no issues. We used the resort water trikes and kayaks and took a glass bottom boat ride which was fun. The food was good. We enjoyed Stewfish for dinner and breakfast. The shrimp and lobster kabobs were delicious. Dino's made a great pizza. I especially loved the little cafe where I would pick up an espresso or iced coffee and pastry and sit out on our deck in the late afternoon before getting ready for dinner. Service was also very good, everyone was friendly and courteous. We had no problems with bug bites, but I did spray myself every evening before heading to dinner. The only thing we didn't like was how late our rooms were cleaned. It wasn't a major problem for us as our son does not take naps and we were out of the room most of the day, but I can see it being a bit of a pain if you have younger children and want to head back to the room for some rest and it is not clean yet. There were afternoon storms on the last 2 days of our trip, and one day we had to sit out on our deck during the storm while the room was being cleaned. Other than that we had a great visit, and I consider myself to be a pretty picky traveler. We hope to visit again in the future!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I haven't had a chance to sit down and write a review till now, but we had a wonderful time! It was our first time out of the country and we can't wait to go back! As soon as we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and everyone we met was SO NICE! They learned our kid's names right away and came up to greet them no matter what restaurant we were at or show! If you go.. you must go on a Thursday night because the beach party was so fun! Lots of food and all the characters come! It starts out as a parade and then ends up as a party on the beach! My seven year old loved the kid's camp. The only thing is that we had to keep running up three flights of stairs to go get him dry clothes. I wish we would have kept him some there. He almost missed the Cookie Monster baking cookies activities because of it! I wish they would have let him start with the group in his swimsuit till I got back because it is his last year to do it! We really loved all the eating places and my four year old would not let us miss the Sesame show every night! ha! He enjoyed making his shirt and they took good care of him while we snorkled. I packed white plain shirts for them to decorate. Don't forget white shirts and lots of swim suits because ours would not dry fast.. We loved all the activities on the beach too! One of the trikes did have a loose chain which was very hard to push, but the one we had the day before was fine. It does rain from 1-3 every day so we learned after two days to not schedule any activities in the afternoon on the beach. I do wish they would keep the beach activities open later than 4 because that is when the rain and storms stop. Also it gets dark there by 7. I also wish they would lower the height of the water slides because my son was enjoying them and then then the new life guard on the last day would not let him ride. He has rode a lot higher slides at other parks. I also wish the movie night would have not been on the same night as the circus because we had to miss it. We were also disappointed that they did not have any restaurant reservations for the whole week except for one the night of the beach party and we did not want to miss the party! We asked to book a reservation as soon as we got there the first day and that is all they had for the whole week open! It is also difficult to get a snorkeling reservation in the morning so I wish they would open more times. Thank goodness we did get to go twice due to cancellations. Our seven year old LOVED it! They do not have snorkels for you to rent on the beach so bring your own for beach snorkeling. We enjoyed the XBox room a lot and hung out there every night. The room was great and we loved all the food. Of course you are not going to love every single type of food, but that is impossible! ha! My fav is Stewfish!! I LOVED all the drinks at both bars! The bartenders were GREAT and my seven year old loved getting all the different kid slushes there all day and night! ha! The locals were not a problem. They were actually fun to watch on the beach and if one did come ask you to buy something and you said no they left right away. The security was always close too. Lots of chairs, but a lot have ants under the trees so be careful! The mosquitoes were not a big problem and they love me usually! I only had to spray at night and when we ate at Stewfish late. I used Avon Expedition and I had no problems. I did not come home with bites. I felt very safe there to walk around and for my kids. It really feels like home away from home! I have never met a nicer staff than here! There is SO much to do! We even found mini golf and a playground the day we left! I wish we would have stayed longer than four nights because it was not long enough!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 100's and it was great! Close to the beach, and snorkleing sign up, and no nois...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank misdr
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I decided to visit Beaches Negril based on the reviews that I read here on tripadvisor. It's ridiculous that most reviews are grading this resort as 5 stars, shame on you! This resort is 3 stars the most so nut sure were the 5 stars come from? I don't know where to start first; we had a beach front suite at Santa Cruz section room 428. This resort is small and needs major renovations since is old and that's why the owner of the Sandals resorts should concentrate on renovating their facilities and improving the restaurants instead of spending the money on advertisement on TV cause it's bad really bad especially the Mill/Buffet is the size of my leaving room and with limited food no joke. The Venetian supposed to be an Italian cuisine, give a brake not even close. The staff is friendly, the beach is ok not the best as many of you are saying, get ready to be harassed by the locals trying to sell you stuff and at times it gets annoying seriously. I have lot more to write but I am tired so please read all the reviews carefully before you make your decision to visit Beaches in Jamaica. My honest advice to you; for a family of 5 would save you about 35% and try Barceló Tropical or Palace in Rivera Maya, Mexico and you will see the difference. Overall impression was average for this resort, leaving us very disappointed in terms of hopes, expectations and value for the money that we pay to this resort!
Finally you are more than welcome to contact me for any info about Beaches Negril or Barceló Tropical/Palace.

Room Tip: DONT' GO but if you do then Santa Cruz building room 428.
4  Thank ailina01
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

We're sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to par with the high standards we strive to provide all guests. As you said many of our guests have written glowing reviews about our hotel and service and we are disappointed that you did not have a similar experience.

Beaches Negril is located on 20-acres of beautiful property including access to the widest stretch of Negril's seven mile white sand beach. We hope you did enjoy the food at the other six restaurants located on the property as we aim to provide a diverse menu for all of our guests.

We are always seeking areas in which we can improve for the pleasure of our valued guests and your feedback helps with this process. Therefore, we thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Best service, beach and location .... Kindest most genuine and hospitable staff you will ever encounter... Top food, entertainment, drinks, activities and everything you can imagine.... Jamaica is a fantastic Country and Negril is the most beautiful area of this paradise... The Jamaicans are by far the most wonderful people rich in culture, warmth and genuine kindness

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank russdee
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us! We are truly pleased to see that you enjoyed your trip to the fullest and got to experience what Beaches Negril is all about, fun in paradise!

We look forward to seeing more of you on your next visit with us!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Beaches was a great family vacation resort. The service and helpfulness of the staff was outstanding- which is very difficult to find in the Caribbean. The resort was very clean and well maintained and on a gorgeous 7 mile beach. The activities were all included & were great. my 11 & 13 year olds always had something to do. The watersports, especially the diving and the diving staff were excellent. They were very organized and safety conscious. Special mention to Samuel on the dive staff who went back in the water after our dive to look for my diamond earring that fell out. Amazingly, he found it and gave it back to me!! I really appreciated his willingness to help and his honesty for returning it. The waterskiing and wildcat rides were also tons of fun. Even though the resort was full it never seemed crowded and we could always do the activities we wanted. The pool and waterslides were fun but we spent more time at the beach. The swim up bars with lots of fun kids drinks were great and adult drinks plentiful. Our room was very big & comfortable, a beachfront concierge suite. It had a comfortable pull out coach and we brought in a roll away. the kind bed was very comfortable. it only had a slight view of the beach but that was fine with us. The night time activities and shows were hit or miss but we were tired anyway after being out in the sun all day. Kenton on the activities staff was lots of fun.

The reason i gave this a 4 and not a 5 are the negatives, which were far out weighed by the positives. Not enough beach towels available even early in the morning and not refilled. The food was mediocre, but we didn't go on this trip expecting gourmet food. Dishes we liked lot were the rack of lamb at the venetian, the shrimp/lobster kebab at stewfish. Most of the food was decent

Overall, i would recommend beaches negril for a fun relaxing family vacation.

Room Tip: The suites have lots of room for a family
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cleo13
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family just returned from a week of fun in the sun and exceptional pampering.
My husband works in a service industry and so when we are on vacation he is very sensitive to
great customer service. We travel often and this hotel, the staff and food are exceptional.
We were so impressed with our butler, Daret and Ricardo. Ricardo cared for us when Daret
was off. Daret's attention to "detail" was amazing. Ricardo prepared our hut on the beach
and specifically provided sand toys for our grandchildren who were part of our party.
Every day we had EVERYTHING that we could possibly need or want. Our trip will
always be remembered and Daret, and the exceptional caliber of service, I want to thank others as well. Vinette, who cared for our room, and all of our belongings each day, Ned, who entertained our grandson Luke, at the bar on the beach Patrice who we would run into on the property and she would regularly ask if we needed anything. The hospitality that the entire staff showed us was grand. This was my husband's fifth trip to Jamaica and my fourth trip, this stay
was exceptional. The food at all the restaruants was outstanding as well. The freshness and
flavor put it at the top. Stewfish, great food, and on the beach...the best ambiance you could
ask for, we enjoyed breakfast, and dinner almost everyday.We have so many great things to say
about our trip to this property and the greatness of this staff. The one complaint we have was that
the young lady in the "come back" office was not able to give us solid information. We were not able to understand our proposal and when my husband called to notify Amanda that he was not clear on the room rental and cost. she said she would call him today and we did not receive a call today. He made several attempts to speak with her specifically. We do want to return in 2014, summer to Sandals in Negril, and would like to specifically request Daret to be our
butler because of her exceptional, service. On every occasion, her service was supreme and with each situation she went over and above the call of duty. Which is exactly the supreme
level of service, we encountered while at this property. For which we are very thankful.

Room Tip: We had a balcony overlooking the garden and ocean view...the best to drink coffee, and enjoy the oc...
1  Thank Tina0606
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for your review of Beaches Negril. We're so thrilled to read that you and your family enjoyed every moment spent with us. It's great to know that we excelled in many areas including our food and the genuine hospitality of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back for an even better stay in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Staying at Beaches in Jamaica was one of the best vacations I’ve ever been on. The unlimited food and drink, beautiful beaches, free watersports.. it was fantastic. What really made the vacation extra special was the resort staff. I really have never met more kind, friendly, and fun people. Courtney was the first person we met, and he was so nice and made us feel welcomed. He would always come over to talk to our family whenever we saw him around afterwards. My family had a great time hanging out at the pool bar with Lorenzo and Shavoy (Yeeahhh!). They were really a lot of fun. We also went on a snorkeling trip where Sharren was able to tell me names of some of the new fish/marine life I saw. He was also very friendly whenever I saw him again in the Photoshop. I had a chance to talk with OShane from entertainment who just has an awesome personality. Lastly, I would like to personally thank Lucien for teaching me how to windsurf. It was one of my favorite parts of the trip, and he was so patient with me, and would show me over and over again what to do.

The only thing I would have wanted to know prior coming to Beaches is that it is very family oriented. There are tons of activities for kids during the day, but by 9pm most families are back in their rooms. As long as that suits you, I would highly recommend staying at Beaches for your Jamaican vacation!

2  Thank Alyssa M

Thank you for your great review of Beaches Negril. We're so glad you had an amazing experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay!

Happy Travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!