“Fantastic”

Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have 4 children and booked 2 rooms with request for them to be connecting.
Whilst this could not be guaranteed, we did get our wish and added an extra bed to one room so the children all slept in here. It was perfect for all of us.
The staff were incredibly friendly and within 24 hours amazingly knew all of our names.
Water sports were fantastic and the entertainment team made sure there was always fun to be had by all.
Our children are 5,7,10,12 and there was plenty for them to keep them amused all day long especially in the pool with the slides and lazy river.
The restaurants offered a great choice and again all the staff were excellent.

Would I recommend?
Most definitely, and we would definitely look to go back at some point.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,229)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I have been visiting Jamaica since our honeymoon to Sandals Whitehouse in 2007. We have since stayed at Sandals Montego Bay twice and Sandals Negril. All of the resorts exceeded our expectations and Beaches Negril was no exception. This was the first time we took our kids, 7 and 4 with us and we all had an amazing time. My husband set up a surprise proposal and vow renewal for me and so many staff members were in on it, most of the resort knew who we were or at least had heard about the proposal! When we arrived, the kids and I were seated in the great room while my husband was taken away to "sort it out." After about 15mins we were escorted into the concierge lounge and I was met by my husband on one knee! The whole thing was carefully arranged by my husband and staff members through numerous emails over the last few months! An amazing surprise! The resort even upgraded us to a concierge suite!

Tresh took care of all the wedding details from that moment on - we were given champagne, escorted to our room and given a few minutes to wind down before she came to meet with me about wedding details. She called to have someone bring the kids up some food while I chose location, cake, flowers, vows and music for the ceremony. She also arranged our breakfast in bed, candlelight dinner and reservations for the rest of the week. Tresh was AMAZING, I highly recommend working with her for a wedding!

We were in room 915 in the building at the edge if the property. The resort next door is very loud at night but the music and noise ended at 10pm every night and we never had trouble sleeping. The kids were always so tired, they didn't even seem to notice! The room was always immaculately cleaned, fresh linens and towels every day, stocked fridge, etc. they were very spacious. Plenty of room for a family of 4, even without using the pull out bed. Our balcony overlooked the gardens as well as the beach and was a short walk to most areas (the farthest I had to walk was to the gym, which was a very relaxing 5-10 mi ute walk along the beach every morning!)

The food is always good at the Sandals / beaches resorts...some better than others just depending on your taste. I'm picky and tend to stick with the basics, my favorite thing to eat is an omelet and bacon every morning!

The kids pool area was the perfect size for us bc we could sit and relax knowing they weren't going far. Our kids spent hours and hours n the lazy river, by far their favorite thing! It was shallow and mild enough for my 4 year old to play in with the 7 year old without having to worry. They have inter tubes as well as life jackets. The lounge chairs in this area were always fairly empty though towels were scarce.

The only other pool we used was the one by Arizonas. It too was shallow enough to jus relax and let the kids play in. We could sit and have a drink while they did their thing, never far away or out of sight.

We didn't eat at every restaurant like we do usually but the ones we did use were food. Breakfast was always at The Mill buffet. We had lunch at Arizonas one day - the kids and I had the nachos, which was good bc it's like a salad bar and you pick your own toppings. My husband had fish tacos which he said were great. The only thing I noticed was that neither Arizonas or kimonos had a kids menu, which I found odd at a family resort. The grill didn't either, my daughter ate so many chicken nuggets that week!! Kimonos was good but you don't order. You just watch the chef make everything and accept or refuse what you want to eat. Our candlelight beach dinner was delicious but there were Mosquitos- we are from Louisiana though, so it wasn't a big deal!

The beach in Negril is beautiful! There were some merchants selling things as well as jet ski rides, but they weren't incredibly persistent. I did notice that after a while in the morning, they mostly disappeared. We rented a private cabana one day which was amazing and completely worth the money!! Fully stocked cooler (water, juice, soft drinks, beer), sand toys and floats for the kids, food brought to us without having to request it, so relaxing! The water was beautiful, calm and stayed fairly shallow, my 7 year old could stand up out to the buoys.

We didn't have experience with water sports except when I wanted to paddle board and he suggested I wait bc the water was choppy. He said It was up to me and I decided to wait, but never went back.

The fitness center was very nice...one room has the weights and other equipment while the other has treadmills, elliptical and cycles. The machines were really nice, fairly new technology I think (better than our gym at home!). There are windows on all sides, so it's very relaxing and clean!! Water is provided in a small fridge as well as apples and towels.

We only used the kids camp once for about 2 hours bc we just didn't need it. The kids loved it though, they baked cookies with Cookie Monster. Although we only spent about 30 mi uses in the Xbox lounge, we were really impressed! The setup is very cool and the game options are extensive. The only complaint I had was that there was only once controller per system so you couldn't play together.

I can't say enough how much we love this and all of the Sandals resorts we have stayed at. The hospitality in Jamaica simply can't be beat. It never ceases to amaze me how friendly and happy the staff always are and that they will remember you, often by name.

The staff do not expect nor are they supposed to take tips, but we learned from our very first trip that tipping is something we enjoy doing at the resorts. With the staff going so above and beyond, we are always so appreciative and want to show them our respect and appreciation for what they do and tipped or not, the service cannot be beat!

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, the 900 block probably isn't the best choice! But they are close to the b...
2 Thank JamieH6735
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I love my vacation at Beaches Negril!
It was very beautiful!
The rooms were kept spotless, and so was the rest of the resort!
The staff was amazing, always smiling, very courteous, and some were very entertaining!
The ride on the glass bottom boat was my favorite experience.
I really enjoyed the opportunity to try new foods, and it was excellent.
There was a chocolate buffet one night with champagne and other cocktails...delicious!
Thanks Beaches!
I am saving my money so I can return again!!

Room Tip: My friend and I stayed in a double room on the first floor. It was very quiet and convenient to the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gretchmom57
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I have been to Beaches Negril twice and both times we have had an amazing time. The food was incredible as was the service and the staff were all very personable. This place has something for everyone. One of the things we enjoyed most was the scuba diving. You can dive twice a day and it's included. We were also impressed with the nightly entertainment. The only thing I wish would have been better was the watersports. My son wanted to use the wakeboard but one of the boots was broken so the only thing he could do was water ski. Also, there needs to be improvements made to the putt putt area. Other than that, everything was wonderful and sooooooo relaxing. And may I add a special thanks to all of the staff. You're hard work and hospitality are the reason my family we definitely be back.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are nice. If you have older kids, you may want to consider getting two adjoining r...
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I took our 6 month old to Beaches in Negril Jamaica for 1 week. We picked Negril over Ochos Rios for the 7 mile beach. We got married at Beaches Turks and Caicos and loved our stay there (but we did not utilize their day care service, their water activity services, not did we dine at the reservation-only restaurant there since we were so busy with the wedding). Beaches has all inclusive diving and childcare, which greatly appealed to us.
The ride is about 90 mins from the airport. We requested a car seat for our infant, but decided not to use it because it was filthy and it didn’t fit the seat on the taxi/van appropriately. We held her in our laps, which was fine since they did not go very fast. But they do swerve into oncoming traffic as they pass other cars so I had to make sure my daughter’s head was secured. The driver made a point to mention that he was not affiliated with beaches and that we should take care of him. I found that to be obnoxious.
We stayed in room 826. It was on the 3rd level. The location of the room was right next to the main entertainment (the Big Top / Stage) and dining area (the Mill), which was very convenient for us. The location is noisy at times with the weddings at the gazebo outside, or the late night music. OK for adults, but not for trying to accommodate nap and bed times.
From the time we arrived, the staff was super friendly and went out of their way for superior customer service. They greeted us by name and were particularly accommodating to our infant.
The food was good. Lots of variety as well as local specialties to sample. We were able to dine in the 2 reservation-only restaurants. Café de Paris was our favorite hang out spot. Treats galore, the friendliest staff, crepes, ice cream, and air conditioned. We enjoyed the BBQ on the beach. We request extra water for the room and they bought us up a case.
We saw sesame street characters everyday and they never said no to a picture.
The beach was nice, the ocean was calm. There are a lot of locals selling jewelry, offering jet ski rides, and selling cotton candy. They mainly left the guests alone.
However, we cannot overlook all the Negatives.
Our room was not serviced appropriately nor promptly daily. 2 of the 5 nights, we had to call to request housekeeping. The other 3 nights, the job seemed rushed. There were still dishes and cups left in the room, the towels were not refreshed, dirty towels were left in the bath tub, the bed was not made. Their efforts were probably spent on making up the turn-over guest rooms as on Day 1, we were greeted with towel animals and the room was immaculate. The lock also malfunctioned one day and we could not get into our room for over an hour when we tried to put our baby down for a nap.
Our smoke detector was low on batteries and started beeping when we first arrived. We left notes for housekeeping as well as called the front desk twice but it was never fixed. We ended up pulling out the battery to stop the constant beeping. It was still not replaced the day we left.
One staff, the lady at the water activities center, was rude, unfriendly, and didn’t seem to want to be there. Made our experience with the all-inclusive water activities miserable as we could not avoid dealing with her multiple times a day every day.
The daycare needs to have better communication with each other. When staff turns over, the instructions left by the parents isn’t transferred. My infant is strictly on breast milk which we left in a bottle for daycare. One day we discovered that they mixed rice cereal with WATER in her bottle to try to feed her! How dare they try to give her local water, which is questionable for adults to begin with. I freaked out and they insisted she did not take the bottle at all. After that, we stopped using the day care service. That prevented us from going diving, which is the main reason we chose to vacation in Negril.
The diving isn’t spectacular. There was not much in terms of healthy coral or fish to see. Its OK for beginner divers to experience.
The water park is tiny. The one in Turks and Caicos was probably 5X larger. The main pool was small but nice, and the pool by the water park was constantly packed and rowdy, not a place to bring an infant.
There were lots of mosquitos and the bug spray and clip on fans did nothing to prevent them. My infant got 8 bites. I got over 20.
There were 2 things I witnessed that were not sanitary. One, I watched the housekeeping staff fill half used lotion and shampoo bottles with other half used bottles with his fingers. Two, the cups used to serve drinks at all the bars are just dipped into a sink filled with water to rinse off but are not washed after each use.
We were stopped by guards at both ends of the Beaches beach and could not walk further along the beach into the other resorts. I saw other guests entering our beach and leaving, but I’m not sure why they wouldn’t let me. I would have loved to see more of the 7 miles.
Overall, I would attempt to give Beaches one more try. I probably would return to Turks and Caicos and this time use all their services and participate in the water activities, before I make any final judgments on future stays at all Beaches.

2 Thank tsww10
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I visited Beaches Negril with my husband and 2 kids May 2013 and I must say my stay was the Bomb.Upon checking. in we meet Ian who gave us the greatest welcome that will last. in our memories for a lifetime.The staff were always pleasant,accommodating and most of all respectful.I didn't feel pressured at anytime time.....Big up to the Mills resturant. especially the Charming and delightful lady Catherine and Arika.Ralston the top chef who fixed up my steamed fish for me short notice :-)delicious. Ned, Oneil at the beach bar who kept the vibes going with our shots...For entertainment Lovely lady Mickeila and our favourite MC during the daytime,beach party etc can't recall his name As for childcare awesome the girls were always readily available in kids Camp my kids loved it .Shot out to Paula,Claudia,Samantha,Cynthia,Jenilleve and Arnex.You guys are truly moms at heart:-):-).Housekeeping Flow,Eunice and ShellyAnn thanks for cleaning our rooms each day....slept good every night.....Vinette who made my girls comfy and safe by the lazy river.In summary I really felt like I was with family.I would surely do all over again with any hesitation.....How could I forget my favourite part the beach and all the water sports I was fearless enjoyed the Catamaran most of all..the guys on the beach were Awesome Awesome just Awesome.

The Lewis Family

• Stayed May 2013
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our third trip to Jamaica was nothing short of amazing. After staying at Sandals MoBay and Sandals Royal Caribbean, we decided to take the kids (11, 11, 14) to Beaches Negril this time (June1-7). Of course the resort held up to the reputation of our other Sandals experiences. Courteous staff, excellent food choices, clean room, and amazing pool/beach areas. We offer a few bits of construcive critism. We wish The Mill would advertise the style of food being served at the dinner buffet. Each night there was a different theme (Asian, Mexican, etc...) but its not advertised in the daily "Sunny Times". Pool towels were hard to come by as the day progressed. And the photo shop girls were not very friendly or helpful. Other than those small things, we were impressed overall. We would like to give a shout out to some staff members that made our stay extra special...Bartender Jermaine, Teen coordinators Sheniqua and Nicholas, Sharren (OB) (photo), Ricardo and Nickoy (Snorkel), Watersports manager, ladies in the Soon Come Back office, Venessia at the Stew Fish Restaurant, Shanna at the Piazza Bar and the concierge folks. The soft serve ice cream by Arizona's is delicious, the jamaican beef patty at BBQ Park is out of this world and the coffee at Cafe de Paris was the best at the entire resort. Kimono's is a must while you are there, food was excellent and the chef was so entertaining. Our very best meal was at The Venetian. Every bite of food was gone...even from the kids' plates. They had a beach party dinner Thursday night that was top notch. There was any kind of food you could ever want there. The staff was in such a good mood! They put on quite the entertainment that night. Some advice for first timers: Bring cash for tips at the airport, souveniers from the locals who come to the resort, and off-resort excursions; Bring plenty of sunscreen (1 can per person/per day), and Bugspray. This stuff is expensive at the gift shop, but you can charge everything to your room/CC. Leaving Jamaica (Beaches or Sandals Resorts) is much easier when you know you will be coming back soon!

Room Tip: Corner suite was large enough for a family of 5. Ours had a king bed, pull-out couch and 2 roll-away...
3 Thank acctbird4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
#8 of 81 in Negril

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!