“great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Jersey, null, Jersey
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I went to beaches with my family. Im at that akward age of 19, where you are wayyyy tooo cool to play with the kids, but too immature to sit around drinking wine and discussing the economic climate. so i wasnt overly excited about the prospect of 2 weeks here. However from the first day there the "entertainers" introduced me to everyone and we had a fantastic time. There were loads of people my age and Oshane Ferguson was especially accommodating.

I would highly reccomend this place to all ages. its alot of fun.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ren B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,177)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

after spending 5 nights at couples swepted away wife and I practically walked over to beaches for a 4 night stay. this resort is definitely a family resort. waterpark for kids is super with water slides infinity pool etc.. most water sports are included at no cost. resort itself is visually more appealing but less romantic than csa. deluxe ocean view room was real nice. food at this resort was good but did not compare to csa. entertainment was geared to kids. shows end early and other than the theater bar area not much for late night couples to do. newly opened café was the best. Beach is great with less drug dealers peddling their wares because of the kids. security is excellent so no need to worry. we liked kimonos better than venetian restaurant but both were very good. Don't get me wrong this resort is wow! but if you don't have kids stay at csa.

Room Tip: if you have kids stay here, they will love you for it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mikeg66
Ilion, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We just returned from our vacation at Beaches, Negril. This was our first time at this resort. We took our kids, ages 13 and 16. There was so much to do there. I don't think my son stood still from the minute we got there from playing basketball, to going to the Xbox room, to going to the Water Park. The kids loved making their own ice cream cones anytime they wanted and drinking pina coladas. The staff was excellent, especially Kenton, Hilroy and Cafferry. Kenton went out of his way to make sure we were having a good time. The bus ride when we first arrived to the resort was not really what we had expected. The bus appeared old and my husband's seat would not recline to the upright position. The bus ride to the airport was much better. The food at the Venetian restaurant was very good. Overall, we had a great time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SusanH112
DeWitt, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

WOW, what a beautiful place this is. Our family will come back!! We went down for our oldest sons wedding and stayed 8 nights. The staff were out of this world. Very happy and willing to help or accomidate in many ways!!!. My husband had recent knee surgery and Veronica, Shanique, and Camiel kept him in ice bags and ice. They also kept our room very clean (must have a secret for getting sand up). I also visited the spa and had three massages by Celia D. Oh, my, what a treat. The new pastrey chef from Englund stopped and introduced herself and made sure we were enjoying the deserts she helpes create. The guys at the water activity hut were great in helping me take a Hobi out five times in one morning! We will go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We booked our destination wedding through Island Getaways(Nancy Finn). Her recommendation to have our wedding at Beaches, Negril was spot on. The staff at the resort was amazing, especially Novia, Conrad, Shannon, and Courtney. We felt as though they truly cared for our well being as well as our guests.
The food was very tasty and we loved that there were so many options as well as late night availability. We had the couples massage which I strongly recommend before the wedding, it calmed our nerves and left us very relaxed. For us having butler service was a must, due to our many guests and other wedding planning details, we did not have to worry about times and beach/pool spots.
The Sandals Foundation trip through Island Routes was one of the most rewarding experiences that both of us had ever participated in. The school, staff, and students were grateful and happy for our visit. We would go on this trip again hands down!
Our younger guests(ages 3-10) were excited with all of the activities that were offered. We felt that the daycare was safe and they offered stimulating activities for youngsters.
Our wedding was a dream that we did not want to end. It was more than we could imagine and would trade that experience for any other place.
Thanks,
Beaches Negril

Room Tip: choose a room farthest from the kitchen and theatre.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marques22
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family and I stayed at Beaches Negril for the second time and we had a wonderful time. I have been to Jamaica 9 times now and it is my favorite place in the world. We previously stayed at beaches sandy bay, which we absolutely loved. But they changed ownership and we wanted to stay with the beaches family so we decided to head over to Negril for the first time in November. At first we were worried that we weren't going to have as many close relationships with the workers as we did at sandy bay. We were very much proved wrong. The workers at beaches negril are amazing and are the main reason we come back so much. We already have a trip booked for August and are counting down the days.
Beaches Negril has amazing rooms, beautiful grounds, great food, and of course, wonderful staff. The beach is great along with everything else. At night time the club is fun to hang out in. The only bad thing is that many workers aren't allowed in. So it's usually pretty empty. I would love it if next time we come back some our friends who are on staff could come dance and hang out with us. It would also give more of a Jamaican experience.
The entertainment crew is absolutely amazing. On our previous trip my family and I became very close with Omar, Jermaine, and Shaniqua and I love them to death. They brighten my day every time I see them. Beaches negril would not be nearly as amazing without them. They all have amazing personalities and are so kind. And amazing dancers! We are praying and hoping they will be there when we return. This recent trip I met Kenton, a new entertainment member and I love him so much. He is excellent with the guests and he never fails to put a smile on everyone's faces when he's around. He is so kind and caring. Hanging out with him really made the vacation so great. We would absolutely love to see him when we come back. I also met Caffery this trip and he is wonderful. Very kind and has a great personality. It is always a great time when he's around. Oshane and Nichols are very amazing as well. We can't wait to see them.
The restaraunt staff and the bartenders are great. Okeria at the piazza bar is great! I have known him since August and I love to be around him. He is so outgoing, fun, and kind. My family and I love when he sings while making our drinks! Mitsy from the piazza bar is amazing, my whole family loves her dearly. She is one of the kindest, sweethearted person I have ever met. There's never a dull moment when she's around. Shoutouts to jermaine, archer, Terrance, Damian, and Sandro. They make our vacation as great as it is. We met kadian from the beach bar this trip and we loved her so much! She is such a sweetheart! Nicola from the buffet is one of our long time friends and she is amazing. She is so kind and a joy to be around.
The watersports are amazing as well. Snorkling every day is great! And the hobbie cats are so much fun and so relaxing! My favorite person in the world works in watersports and his name is Creton. He's like a big brother to me and I just love to be around him. I could literally just spend the whole day talking to him. I have known him for more than 2 years and I love him so much. It's a little disappointing not being able to hang out with him as much as I used to due to all the different rules and management. I would love for my family and I to be able to be with him more! He is so kind, caring, wise, funny, and brings joy to my life. My family and I love him so much. Alton, Ricardo, and Nickoy are all so amazing too. They are so fun to be around! My gosh we just love everyone!
Winston from the grill is great as well. He makes the best jerk chicken. Oshaine from the piazza bar is great too.
This is an amazing place and my family and I have so many great memories here. I highly recommend anyone to stay here. Beaches is great, we can't stay away! Much thanks to all the workers who made this vacation great. I can't wait for August!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Gwen124
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Wow, I don't even know where to start on how amazing this place is. It's really good for the kids! The entertainment staff really got everyone involved. Oshane was really outgoing, and had amazing talent. He always had a smile on his face and got along really well with the guests. I'm happy that he's always there when I come back! I always saw Kenton and Oshane singing karaoke and they have great voices! Kenton got along so well with all the guests! He is really a hard worker and does everything he can to satisfy everyone. He is a great dancer and he also has an amazing voice. All of the workers are great in entertainment. Jermaine, Omar, and Nicolas are always willing to do anything to make you have the best trip ever! Cafferey who works in entertainment/animations is really great too. He was always running around with the Sesame Street characters, making everyone smile! I am so happy to call all of these people really good friends.Make sure to meet them when you go, (but they will probably meet you first) to make your trip the best it could possibly be.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Kooker876
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
The Caves
The Caves
#4 of 84 in Negril
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!