“Can't wait to go back , "truly amazing"!!!!!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We've been home 2 days and are already planning our next holiday there .... This was our first time at a beaches hotel and everything about it was pure paradise , we traveled as a group of
12 , 6 adults and 6 kids for my sisters wedding and enjoyed every part of our stay ... What really makes your stay has definitely got to be the staff wether it be a Gardener , housekeeping , bar staff , kids club staff ,cook or waiting staff they always had a smile and a quick conversation with ourselves and the kids nothing was ever too much trouble for any of them , special thanks from ourselves has got to go to "Richard" the barman at the big top bar for entertaining us with his quirky tricks and made up cocktails non-alcoholic for the kids , "Andre in the Xbox room for all the time he spent with our little boy Alfie on the Lego Indiana jones game he never tired of helping him through the levels "you truly made his holiday Andre " and to Veronica our night time housekeeping who did our bed turn downs we had some of the most amazing objects made from our towels perched on our beds on an evening but all the staff were fantastic.... Then there's the Sesame Street characters you all made my little girls holiday and I have some great pictures of them all with her as they were always willing to stop and make a fuss of her keep up the fantastic job guys ... Then there's the hotel in general situated on the most beautiful beach I have ever seen the water is so clear and warm and the beach so clean the staff were raking it at first light every morning "perfect" ...... The food was fantastic "The Mill" being my favourite wether it be for breakfast , lunch or dinner there was always something or everybody to eat my husbands favourite was the "Stewfish" for our evening meal where your located on the beach and he says anybody who eats there has got to try the "seafood linguini" heaven on Plate were his words , the kids loved "dinos pizza place for the pizzas and the BBQ grill for the chicken nuggets and chips .... Our room was situated in the 200 block as far back as you can go on the complex , the room in general was great although if your planning to go with young children as we did the beds are extremely high so ask in advance for either a cot or bed guard fitted, for the first night I slept in one bed with one of our kids and my husband in the 2nd with our other the next morning a quick call at reception and that evening we had the bed guards fitted the rooms were always clean and we had our mini fridge refilled everyday with all branded soft drinks , we always had a good nights sleep there was no noises as such that disturbed us , yes you did have to get your towels by the pool early if u wanted a lounger but that wasn't a problem as one of us was always up and about to do that but then there was always the beach to make the most of what more could anybody want from get beach if you didn't just want to sit and chill out there was always an opportunity to take up any of the watersports on offer to us all day long for the young and old , relaxing boat ride or energetic water skiing there was always plenty to do on "that " beach ......All in all we have had a truly magical holiday and it was all down to the staff at the beaches hotel thank you all of you for making our holiday so special we loved every minute of it and can't wait to return !!!!!!!

Room Tip: If your traveling with children ask for a ground floor room , if you want to be near the pools ask f...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Katie P
There are newer reviews for Beaches Negril Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here around Halloween the staff were amazing, all so nice & accomidating, Beautiful beach, I loved plaing the Games with the kids, they won lots of prizes, I reccomend renting a cabanna!!!!! they bring you cont breakfast & specialized lunch with a fully stocked cooler, and a personal hostess to bring you your every whim, & Characters Breakfast the kids just loved it!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda H
Reviewed March 5, 2013

First time to a Beaches resort, and it was amazing! Gorgeous grounds, and the beach was beautiful. But the best part was the staff : incredibly nice, always smiling and helpful, and friendly to my 2 year old son who was saying hi to everyone by the time we left. I think he had the best time of all of us. The sesame street characters were great in the show and for pictures, and he loved it all. The food was great, and plenty of variety (my niece is a vegetarian and was over the moon). Our room was clean and very comfortable, as was the crib for my son. Tons of activities included which was great, and the equipment was well maintained. We went diving and I had no issues with the boat or equipment. and my niece took the intro course and I was impressed with how much she was taught in that class. It was a fantastic vacation. And I was very comfortable with the nanny service, as was my 2 year son who was smiling when I returned!! he was happy playing! It was a wonderful sight to come back to! I look forward to another vacation there soon!

Room Tip: We upgraded to the beach side, which was fun to overlook. But walking around even the garden side w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Beth M
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We spent 10 nights at Beaches celebrating my 50th Birthday. The girls loved having their favorite Disney characters parading around every day. The Kid's Club was really cool as they had it split up for different age groups. They learned how to prepare pizzas and had a lot of fun while my wife and I were diving. We never met the staff that cleaned our room but the did a wonderful job. Everything was clean and they even raked the beaches. The water is beyond belief, clear and warm. The diving crew was very knowledgable and very professional. The variety of pools and restaurants never forced us to leave the property. The food was one of the high-lights of our stay. Their Chef was incredible and we could have eaten every meal in the main restaurant without ever gettibng tired even after 10 days. We've found in the past that after the fi9rst week the menu repeats itself, this was not the case here. They went out of their way to accomadate our love of mangos and they would show up on our breakfast table every morning. It was harder for us to get to Beaches than travelling to Fiji but we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Keith G
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We came to beaches as the hotel we were registered at had an overbooking - lucky for us! We were a little nervous when we heard we were going to a family oriented facility, as we are a couple in our mid fifties. What we learned, and quickly so, is that Beaches just isn't for families - we had the best vacation ever - in fact, as I write this review we are still here at the hotel - we only have one more day of paradise left. The folks who work here are the BEST! I can't list all of them but all should be reconized for their smiles and genuine thoughtfulness while performing any task - always there to offer assistance or just to say hi and have a great day. All staff were great - I can't help but mention a few in particular like Eunice, Ricardo, Ned, June, Oneil, Arica, Deadre, Tamara - I could go on and on. Wonderful place, wonderful people - we'll miss you :(

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Trudy17
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We held our wedding here and it was truly magical from start to finish for all!!! As the wedding couple we were greeted by the duty manager and escorted to our room which was lovely and clean and had beautiful views over the ocean and the lovely gardens, the food was stunning and had something for everyone my faviroute being the stew-fish restraunt overlooking the ocean and situated on the beach, the entertainment was good and the kids shows amazing for our varied age group of 2-12 years the mini disco situated at the hotels club liquid then kept them entertained until 11pm! The character breakfast was fantastic value and made memories for our kids that will last a life time as will the looks on there faces for us! But you didn't need to do that to meet the characters as no matter where they were going on resort if your child wanted a cuddle or a photo they were only too happy to oblige, a d there were plenty if activities including them too, Abbie's birthday party being one. the fun packed day time schedule of activities from treasure hunts to bracelet making! Water-skiing to banana boat rides which were all part of the package! We're amazing and kept us all busy, The staff were so friendly and by the end of our two weeks knew us and the kids by name. Big shout out to Richard at the theatre bar never let my coconut rum and coke go dry!!! All these elements Along with the beautifully maintained gardens and the impeccable beach made this the perfect holiday and our dream wedding destination. Not forgetting Shannon and Emilie the wedding coordinators who made our day run smoothly and kept in touch even after the event to make sure our first married days were all they could be.... Thankyou beaches negril!!! X x x

Mr and mrs Coates 21.2.2013

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We are staying here this week. You have to get up at 6h30 to have some chairs by the pool. The food is cold and repetitive. Very few vegetables and fruits. Often no toilet papers in beach restrooms. Some staff is very pleasant but others seem to be totally exausted. Loud music in the morning keep us from sleeping. Rooms are very lightly isolated so you hear your neighbours.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nathalie G
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying your stay with us. I've tried to contact you via private message to see how we can resolve this matter while you are still on property but I was not able to reach you. I encourage you to reach out to our Director of Guest Services. She has been alerted and is expecting to hear from you. Please give us a chance to make this up to you. We always want to ensure that all of our guests are having a wonderful vacation and it would be nice if we were able to turn things around for you.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to making contact with you soon.

Cassie C.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!