“Amazing staff, amazing beach, amazing time!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Wherever you go, customer service is always the benchmark of the experience you will have. The entire staff played an intricate role to make this happen, and they are all to be commended. We have 2 children, ages 7 and 10, and from the camp, to the beach activities, to the onsite entertainment we all had plenty to do and very fond memories as a result. My youngest already misses her friends from camp! The entertainment staff are all just amazing and do an excellent job of getting to know the guests. As mentioned by others, it is no exaggeration: Shaniqua, Fasha, Oshane, Neil, and Kenton go above and beyond to make your stay memorable. he restaurants provide enough variety at all times of the day and you definitely don't go hungry. Excellent drinks and even fantastic "kid" friendly drinks. The beach is amazing and this is where you get to see some local flavor as well. Yes, the locals will offer you all kinds of services, but a polite no, and they won't bother you again. Very safe and we took plenty of long walks on the pristine beach. Would definitely visit this resort again and we already miss Jamaica mon!

2  Thank KatMel2011
Write a ReviewReviews (5,408)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Everyone was so kind and helpful! Many people took the time to get to know our names and chat with us. The beach is beautiful and there are wonderful water activities which are included. Captain Rick who took us snorkeling gave us the best time I've ever had snorkeling, especially since it was my daughter's first time. He dove down and showed us different starfish, shells, sea urchins and stingrays. It was awesome!

Special thanks also to:
Oneal at the beach bar
Stacy-Ann C from Dino's pizzeria
Michelle from Arizonas
Sania from Arizonas
Onelia from the beach bar
Leroy from the tour desk

You each took time out to make our time here special! We felt like we got personal service and we thank you! Beaches is lucky to have you as part of their team!

Thanks again,
The Klimek family, Patti, Doc, Emily, and Mom

Room Tip: If you are thinking about getting a rollaway, I would just get the bigger room.
1  Thank Doc K
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family recently returned from a week stay at the Beaches Negril Resort and we can not say enough good things about this resort. The scenery was beautiful and the resort very well taken care of. But what really made this vacation amazing was the staff. From the moment we arrived we knew we had picked the right place. Our daughter Sara who has a severe allergy was catered to by chefs Misja and Joshua. With out these two we would have worried about her every meal but they were so attentive to her dietary needs that Mom and I were able to relax. Michado and Paolo also very understanding of her allergy and made her special dinners. Arica was so pleasant to talk to each morning at breakfast. Shaniqua, Fasha, O'Shane, O'Neil and Kenton also were great at providing lots of entertainment and quickly became friends with us. Kenton even came to say goodbye to us on his day off minutes before we had to leave! We also were very happy to meet Ned, Archer, Alex, Shanique, Lloyd, Hilroy and so many others. We definately will be back again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Adam_Keri
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Many years ago we stayed in Negril at a resort on the beach and eventually we had to return. This hotel was everything we wanted it to be. The location is incredable, no need to use doctored images here, it really is that good. The food was excellent,good quality with loads of choice, and the staff were very friendly. As a diver I used the scuba facilities most days, and the staff were again friendly and helpful. As a general note, perhaps because this hotel is set up for families, I think all the staff were probably the friendliest of any hotel I have ever stayed in. However, it would be wrong to think only families can enjoy this hotel, we went as a couple and really enjoyed it, we will be going back. Special mention to Kerisha and Arica, best waitresses! Okeria, best barman! We have noticed a few past comments about the rooms by the road, our room was on the road side of the hotel, I think the closest is about 150 feet, it was not a big deal.
No one I spoke to had a bad tummy, and the only people I heard complaining were past Sandals guests who expected free better room upgrades. We are past Sandals guests and the truth is if upgrades are available great, if not you get what you paid for!
My last tip, take a good camera for the sunsets, they are incredable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

what a wonderful place to go. everything is included---drinks, food, water sports, snorkel trip and glass bottom boat tour. staff is excellent! the staff is so friendly and personable. what to thank shanique, terrence, and ralston for an excellent time and making my stay extra special. my kids went to kids camp for a few hours and loved it. they took them on a sail boat and had a sand castle competition. the beach is beautiful and very spread out. i never felt like i was on top of another person since the beach front was so long and wide. a great beach to walk too. easy to walk to margaritaville and other shops. i felt very safe and so did my kids. excellent trip and would highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank gcip
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is our third year in a row traveling with three young children. I debated spending the extra money for the beaches vacation the first year and went to a five star resort (Grand Serenis) in Mexico. Last year we went to Beaches Boscobel, which was well worth the extra money considering all the extras that are included. My 10 year old is a picky eater and had a lot of difficulty in Mexico. The food at Beaches resorts is certainly not the Keg but far exceeds other resorts. Between Beaches Boscobel and Beaches Negril I can tell you this; The beach at Boscobel is very small and we spent hardly any time on it, where the beach in Negril is awesome and we spent most of our time on it. My son snorkled right on the beach and found all kinds of Ocean life. Negril is larger and more "fancy" however we honestly found the staff less friendly than in Boscobel. The main reason that Beaches is more expensive than other resorts is the extras that are in included. Most days in Boscobel we couldn't do the glass bottom boat, snorkling or other ocean activities due to the rough water. This is not the case in Negril, we where able to experience ocean activities everyday. The snorkle guides (Nicoy and Ricardo) are amazing. Nicoy takes you on a giuded tour every snorkle trip (to many different sites). If I had to choose between the two resorts for my next holiday I would choose Negril over Boscobel, simply for the fact that my family enjoys the beach and the water activities, which far exceeds Boscobel.
It is worth the extra money -trust me-

Room Tip: Choose 800 block. Beach front suites have a large sitting area to watch TV at night.
8  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This resort is the best. Anything needed all you have to do is ask and you shall receive. The beach service was exceptional. Never had to wait on a drink. The dining and food selection was out of this world with great dishes no matter which restaurant you picked. The water sports activies were endless and all included, from scuba to banana boat rides. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Couples Swept Away
#13 of 81 in Negril
Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!