6,359 results
All reviews butler service paradise building cucina romana bayside restaurant piano bar crystal lagoon our honeymoon big papa butler suite sundowner building club level water sports red lane spa candlelight dinner main pool rick's cafe sea grass
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2007

We have just returned from 6 days at Sandals, Negril Jamaica. It was more than we expected, being that we had stayed at Hedo 2 (which is next door) & Couples Swept Away.
For an all- inclusive, the food and service is a cut above the rest ! The rooms are spotless, the beach is the best we've been on in Negril, service, service, service...
There is nothing negative to say about our trip, but here are some MUST have tips:
1. We had booked a "grande lux beachfront room.... which we were not happy w/ once we arrived as we were put in a room on the 1st floor of the COCONUT GROVE building, there were bushes in front of our patio and the only veiw we had was of the "4 C's restaurant, not to mention the room was VERY dated we really felt like we were staying in a basement and there was NO WAY we were spending our nights there; so we made them switch us to the PARADISE Building, which had a wonderful veiw, flat screen tv and very bright and "airy"
2. Make your reservations as soon as you arrive for Kimonos , they are very hard to get....you WILL want to dine there at least once!
3. Bring your own snorkeling gear
4. Don't take the bus ride there...take TIMAIR!

12  Thank deeannjohn
Reviewed May 22, 2007

We have just returned from Negril Beach and Spa, NEVER AGAIN. OVER PRICED AND NO LUXURY.
Rooms small and very shabby no more than 3 star on a good day. Food menu,s do not change in all eateries as you can not call them restaurants. We expected more from SANDALS as they are so expensive, luxury I don't think so. The pool had tiles missing everywhere, sunbeds dirty and old.
1 good night out of 14 not very good, entertainment on par with a caravan park but we paid well over what the holiday was worth.
Thanks to 4 members of staff the night manager, Jason in the beach bar,medication (nick name) on the glass bottom boat and Dominic if it was not for these guys we would have returned to England earlier.

14  Thank Longfarm
Reviewed May 20, 2007

Sandals Negril was an excellent vacation destination for myself and my wife. We signed up for the butler service for the heck of it, and were quite glad we did. By the second day, we had become used to the conveniences they provided that other guests were not privy to, such as making reservations for us, bringing us anything at all to eat or drink anywhere on the resort, etc. The beach itself was calm, quiet for the most part, and relaxing. We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation to Negril, and this being our second good experience with Sandals we will most certainly visit another Sandals resort in the future. Again, a very heartfelt thank-you to both Filicia and Bernard, our butlers, and to Sandals for making our vacation as wonderful as it was.

Matt S.

6  Thank usmclsu
Reviewed May 19, 2007

This was our 5th trip to a Sandals resort, the 4th trip to Sandals Negril. We love it there. The staff is great; and although each year we meet new staff, there are still staff there that remember us from the previous year. I have no complaints; only great memories. The ONE thing I can think of that they could improve on; is more lounge chairs on the beach, and more floaties.
We are so impressed with the Sandals resorts, this year we are going to try Beaches in Negril, I just booked a trip for 19 of us; 4 generations! My photos are too large to upload here, but if you want to see pictures from Sandals Negril from 2004, 2005, and 2006, you can see them at http://boys5times.smugmug.com/

Date of stay: December 2006
7  Thank Barb M
Reviewed May 19, 2007

There are many wonderful things to say about this Sandals however I will try to keep it brief to those who would like a quick overview of Sandals. For those who want a little extra info regarding going off property, go to the bottom.

The resort is very nice, spacious and has much to offer. There are activities going on all day long (snorkeling, diving, volleyball, games around the pool etc). You can do as much as you want or just sit and relax. Some of the pictures are a little deceiving regarding the beach. Unfortunately they have lost alot of sand due to storms. :(

The grounds are always being kept up, through out the day we would see staff raking the beach, sweeping the pathways, wiping down the bars, etc.

There were 5 restaurants to choose from for dinner. Food was excellent, although we were not too impressed with the food at Kimono's however I noticed the other reviews raved about it.

If I HAD to pick anything negative about the hotel (and that's hard) I would say that depending where your room is it could be noisy in the morning. We met a couple who had requested their room be moved because every morning they heard kitchen staff rolling trays back and forth. We heard them and the Cessna planes flying directly over head in the morning however it didn't bother us.

I have to mention the staff, they were excellent! Marcia (housekeeping), Errol (groundskeeper), Shamar (bellman), the pool bartenders Omar, Phillipia, and the piano bartenders, Delmar and our favorite Donovan! They always had a smile and would take a moment to stop and talk with you.

Regarding going off the property. I have been to Jamaica 9 times. It has come a long way in 15 years. Yes there are locals selling drugs, and trying to braid your hair, and offering you a massage. All you do is simply smile, say "no thank you" and move on. I have been hounded more in Mexico. I have been off the property to a club and shopping to a local grocery store. I have never felt in danger. Like being in any foreign country be aware of your surroundings.

That's it, so go, be irie and enjoy a beautiful place.

Karen and Eric Trey