“Sandals Negril”

Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Barrie, Canada
“Sandals Negril”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Sandals Negril has come a long way!!!!! Been there five times now and last visit(January/14) was just perfect. Staff is much more friendly and helpful with the property well taken care of.Returning September 2014.

A special salute to Kimberly in the giftshop and Tristen (food service).

Both Sandals employees were above and beyond the call of duty. We love you guys!!!!!

Art.Johnstone

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Art J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,393)
  • Greek first
Olmsted Falls
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The resort itself was beautiful. The food for the most part was good. I liked the Japanese restaurant the best. I also had an amazing steak at Sundowner.

The staff however is the reason I consider Sandals Negril the best place I've ever visited. Words can't express how absolutely amazing everyone was and how hard they work. Thank you Big Wille, Laurie, Samantha, Sandra, Kendra, Amina (sorry about the spelling) and so many more. I wish I could remember everyone's name. There was a guy that played volleyball with us, a guy that made the best shots ever, a guy that stopped to talk to us by the pizza shop, the lady that cleaned our room....all wonderful!

We also took the catamaran tour. Richie was the man!! I was afraid to snorkel and he took me out, dove to the bottom to bring things up and show us. Absolutely amazing experience.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jennbem
Hibbing, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The staff at sandals is incredible!!! Janine helped up with everything we could've possibly wanted! We were always greeted with a smile! The food was amazing and the scenery was beautiful!!! We had the time of our life!

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed at this resort and had a wedding, vacation and then honeymoon.
Even though it was 1.5hrs to our hotel from the airport, we were the only 2 on our shuttle and our driver stopped and showed us caves and bought us fruit AND jerk chicken along the way.
When we got to the hotel the beautiful open air lobby was great. We were greeted immediately with beverages and smiles and a nice cool towel that smelled amazing. We went over our wedding guides and then they showed us to our room.
They upgraded us 2 rooms because we were getting married and the room was fantastic. We had a balcony and a beautiful 4 post mahagony bed, a rain drop shower.
The beach was amazing!! You could see starfish and sting rays just by looking. The food was delicious, my husband commented afterward he couldn't even think of anything he ate he didn't like. The staff was amazing, after being there a week they felt like family and they seemed genuinely sad to see us leave as we're we.
We had an amazing bar tender you MUST request named Shaquille, he made so many layered shots that took skill and poise, he was so friendly and taught us about Jamaica and just the conversation and attitude alone was a delight. We made sure to find him wherever he was.
The daily activities were endless, enjoyable, couple friendly and competitive at times. We would also like to send a shout out to jason, smiley, reni, natalia,andrew and I wish we could remember all there names because we did not come across anyone that was not friendly, helpful, hospitable and they had a smile for everyone!!
I even went off the grounds and played soccer with the staff and they were so nice and made sure to pass me the ball and threw a beverage. The wedding location was perfect and exactly what we wanted, perfect place to start our forever! We're spoiled and will only go to sandals resorts for all our vacations. We even started planning with a group of our friends to go to another. 10 stars to sandals and staff!!

Love crystal & josh

• Stayed July 2014
Papillion, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Getting excited for our 3rd visit to Sandals Negril. The beach is listed as one of the top 10 in the world for good reason. Sunsets are breath taking. We love this resort because of the staff. The staff are absolutely the most genuine and sincere with their hospitality. I especially want to mention butlers Sean Wilson and Denato Poyser! What an excellent team and they took care of any wish and even some I didn't realize I wanted! These two men are very professional and take their role serious. They are to be commended for their work and are examples to the other butlers. I also want to mention June in the spa- oh what a lovely lady! She gave the best massage and made me feel comfortable as I was nervous. Another fine professional who takes great pride in her work. A shout out to Gayonne (so sorry on the spelling if this is wrong). She is a delight and so much fun to chat with. Jamaican people are the best part of the whole experience and I hope they know it! The welcoming like family experience is what is bringing us back. The rooms, the food, the drinks, the entertainment are excellent value and I strongly recommend any Sandals, but by far the staff at Negril is what makes this Sandals special. Cant wait to return this January to see our friends! Sean and Danato, of course you are first on our request list! Great job men! Ann and Craig Luze

Room Tip: If you can afford the butler rooms, they are worth every penny because of the service. The north si...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ann_Craig0115
Downingtown, Pennsylvania

Trip from airport
We were fortunate to be the only couple going to Negril, so we essentially had a private driver to the resort. Our driver was Lloyd and he is flat-out awesome. So good that we arranged a private tour of the island later. I wrote a separate review for him on his private transport service Trip Advisor account.

Room
We stayed on the ocean side (Paradise Honeymoon Beachfront Grande Luxe Club Level). Renovated and in great condition. The mini bar was stocked and restocked every night. The room cleaners did a great job every day, including towel animals and turning down our bed.

Restaurants
We ate at all the restaurants available, including the pizza shop. Generally, we were so impressed with the food and service there. The servers were extremely friendly and we were amazed that many of them remembered your name the next day. The only disappointing restaurant for us was actually Kimonos, which I know a lot of people like. I just felt that they fell into the common hibachi trap which is to over soy sauce everything so everything tastes the same (and a bit too strong). Also, in terms of service, they were the slowest. It wasn't horrible, but for one of the few restaurants that requires a reservations, our expectations were a little higher.

Resort and Activities
Snorkeling was great, George was a great captain and host.
Rick's Cafe catamaran cruise was a lot of fun...you do have to swim from the boat to the cliffs though which isn't the easiest if you're not a good swimmer.
Pool was awesome and even did the pool aerobics. Everton was great and made it fun.
Had a massage and wrap from Vereta and Red Lane at the end of the trip...if I did that earlier, I would've been back a couple times!
The photographers were polite and understood that you may not want a photoshoot all the time. We got some great pictures and they do make you feel like honeymooners with the settings and poses.
The entertainment was a little hit and miss as you'd expect, but we really enjoyed the Silver Birds metal drums and the PlayMakers show. O'Shayne and Oliver also did pool activities and were entertaining.

Complaints
Only significant one would be the expectations of the beach. It isn't a clear bottom area with all the sea grass. You either waded in shallow area or had to try to snag a floaty. It's a shame because all other aspects of the resort are awesome.
The need for a floaty causes a bit of a shortage of them. People would hold on to them even when not using it. If everyone just freed them up, there would be plenty.

Overall, the service from the all areas of the staff were exceptional which really made a difference. I would recommend despite the beach issue.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ocean side. We did not have any issues with noise like others may have on the stre...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Young C
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Sandals always does an amazing job, but their resorts can be very different. I've been to several Sandals resorts and this was not my favorite. I'm not a beach girl, I prefer the pool and this is definitely a beach resort. Walking around it felt very condensed and close, I prefer spread out and lovely like White House. Service was stellar as always and the food was delicious, although not as many choices as at some other Sandals. Sandals is still Sandals and we did have a great time but I'd probably not go back to this one again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KatetheGreat_830
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
#9 of 63 in Montego Bay
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
#14 of 80 in Negril

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!