“My favorite Sandals destination”

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Everything was wonderful! The room the food and the service!! The staff are the best..They go out of their way to make you feel at home. The beach is so pretty. There are pleanty of activities to do. We did one excersion and went horse back riding through the hills and it was beautiful. I like Negril becasue it is not built up and you get a real feel for the country and the wonderful people that live there.

Room Tip: We like the top floor great views and it is peaceful!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kelseyct0907

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was one of the best vacation spots I've ever been too. The food and drinks were excellent and plentiful. The room was immaculate. There was a lot to do on the resort and we really didn't have to leave. I would go to this place every year if I could.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carmel0211
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful vacation! Staff was welcoming and pleasant! Tons of food and beverage options. I also enjoyed all of the pool side activities. My only complaint is the rough towels, doesn't feel so great on sun burnt skin! Overall it was a wonderful resort with awesome service.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jasmin H
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We visited in December, 2013. Our room was newly renovated and quite comfortable. The food on property is good, not excellent but the service is fantastic. The beach is lovely and there are plenty of activities to keep you busy if that is your desire. I never felt like the resort was crowded although I'm sure they were close to capacity. Nice experience...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Tom B
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for your review of Sandals Negril. We're so happy to know that you enjoyed a relaxing vacation with us on our beautiful property. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another great stay!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went to Sandals, Negril in middle of January, escaping our Winnipeg winter! We loved Jamaica and Loved the Sandals Negril Resort!
As Honeymooners we loved the atmosphere, with it being a couples resort.
We had one of the less expensive rooms, near the gift shop, with garden views. No complaints about our room.

We loved all the options and things to do at this resort, it was our first time at any Sandals resort. Loved all the water sports available, we went snorkeling, did the glass bottom boat, tubing, water skiing, paddle board, kayak, my husband learned how to sail. One tip, if no one is waiting to go tubing or waterskiing, they dont sit there with the boat waiting for people to come. So call the ext # if they arent there. Or if they have taken someone else tubing/waterskiing, make sure its obvious you want to go too, put a life jacket on and go up to the boat and tell them your next.

We thought the food was great. Our favourite restaurant was Barefoot by the Sea, not that the food was better there that the other places, but its right on the beach and you can be barefoot :) I recommend going there for breakfast and trying the traditional Jamaican breakfast, Ackee and saltfish. Also at the french restaurant (usually buffet restaurant for breakfast and lunch) the lamb is amazing! When we were there one evening they had a chocolate buffet/opera night, which was so good, there was so much chcoclate you couldnt even try it all.

One thing we liked was that the pools stayed open all the time. We didnt usually go in the pools during the day (spent our time at the beach), but at night the main pool was so quiet, it felt like our private pool/hot tub.
They also have nice firepit areas that are nice to sit around at night on comfy chairs/lounge benches.

The resort has photographers that go around taking pictures of you, and each couple gets a sunset photoshoot. We thought this was great, we loved all the pictures, but could only afford to buy 5 (on CD). They were a bit pricey for us, especially seeing we had recently got married and paid for wedding photos. We ended up taking a lot of pictures ourself using self timer when we realized how much the pictures were. But we still thought it was great that the resort does that.

We do recommend walking the 7 mile beach, its gorgeous! Yes people will try and sell you things, but we never felt harassed.
Also recommend trying the workouts/dance lessons that youll find in the daily schedule. We had a blast!
And check out the look out tower for some great views (stairs in the main lobby)

We dont drink, so one thing we liked was that they actually have a non alcoholic mixed drink menu at the beach bar. Just be a bit patient when ordering off this menu, ppl dont order off it to often and the bartender might have to think for a bit about what drink your asking for :P If you do order off this menu, the carib cream was our fav!

We don't have any complaints about our stay at Sandals Negril, the only bad thing was having to leave! We hope to come back in a couple years! Loved Sandals Negril, Jamaica, the people, and Blue Mountain Coffee!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kiwi042

Wow! Such great photos! Thank you so much for your review. We're thrilled to hear you had an excellent stay at Sandals Negril. We succeeded in creating that luxury, romantic honeymoon experience for you and we couldn't be happier. It was a pleasure having you and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my husbands 6th time to the island and my 5th time. We have been to different resorts, but this was our second time to Sandals Negril ~ Which feels like home now...even better. Jamaica is our favorite place on earth and Sandals Negril is what I imagine heaven to be.
What really makes the resort, the island, and keeps us coming back is the people of Jamaica.
This trip my husband and I met so many wonderful people, made new friends and saw old friends.

One of the best days that we had on this trip was with Big Papa and Cleon from watersports. We went out on a cruise with them and another couple...snorkled in caves, went to Ricks Cafe and cruised the coast, with Cleon and Big Papa pointing out sites and landmarks. They had drinks and food for us and it was amazing. One of the best memories of my life. I can't even express in words what a magical time I had that day. Priceless.

We spent a lot time by the pool and participated in trivia and such. I thought I would spend more time on the beach, but the pool was where the party was at with the entertainment staff, bartenderes and other guests...the beach seemed to boring for me. I had a lot of fun with the entertainment crew:Willy, Tashana, Oliver and Jayvid (spelling?) They are great. The bartenders were also amazing...lots of energy and always so kind. Sandra D., Shawn, Omar, Michael and trainee Ackeem at the main bar/pool bar were great. Niklas, Cadane and trainee Rodine took care of us and became friends and they mainly worked at the piano bar.

This trip, we decided to get a room with a Butler. That was NOT a mistake. They really took care of us from making reservations for us to reserving chairs at the pool, making our room extra special and always making sure we had anything we could possibly want or need. Bazil and Dwayne are amazing. Thank you for everything you did, especially making our room so beautiful on my birthday.

This trip I was really impressed with meeting some of the managers and the head chef. the managers were around the resort, helping where needed and it was great to meet them and tell them how great their staff is. I enjoyed meeting Nana, I believe he is the restaurant and bar director for Sandals Negril. He was always very warm and inviting to talk to and I saw him help out and work along side his employees which was so impressive to me.

I am now suffering from post vacation blues and can't wait to go back and hopefully see some of the same wonderful staff that I met this trip.
Until next time...one love and respect.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ChrisnaRathbun

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We're so thrilled to read that you and your husband had such an amazing second stay at Sandals Negril. We always strive to create memorable vacations for two people in love and I'm so happy that we were able to achieve that goal during your time spent here at "home". I will be sure to forward your review to our staff. They will be so proud to hear of your kind mention.

We can't wait to welcome you back for another incredible experience!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

we went to sandals on 12/20/2013 and returned12/23/2013 our second night there we had money stolen out of our room money taken from my wallet and kens as well we also had left the safe open but they missed that we had about 450.00 taken from our wallets sandals gave us a personal compensation employee was not fired room was old and very dated every thing needed repair food was o.k.in some of the places on site if you didnt stay and watch bartender you wouldnt get a call liquor just a well drink it was a total waste of 5000.00 dollars the beach was beautiful and the island it self however lots of poverty it is all inclusive and we know we are not all inclusive people we always leave the property to go check out the local stuff but if you want poor quality food drink and just want to party in an run down resort sandals negril is for you!!oh as soon as you leave the resort people are always trying to sell you gaung

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lillykathrein

We're so sorry that you had this unfortunate incident during your stay at our resort. It is also disappointing to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations during your visit. Please accept our apologies as this is certainly not our standard.

As you may know, we take theft very seriously at our resorts and while it is not a regular occurrence, I assure you, after a full investigation, the necessary provisions are taken to ensure that there is not a repeat..

Regarding your overall experience, we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments, including our General Manager, for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Thank you for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Sandals South Coast
Sandals South Coast
#1 of 1 in White House

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!