We just received our 1 free week award for spending 70 nights at Sandals. This took us about 11 years but we finally got there.
Negril wasn't our utimate favorite but we really enjoyed our first visit there. The construction was a non event when we were there. We didn't even notice it. It was great for us because with less guests, the restaurants never had a wait and it was never difficult to get a great spot /chair on the beach.
The beach is long as they say in the promo's, but the majority of the time you wouldn't want to leave the resort boundrys except for maybe a quick run or visit to Hedonism II next door. (don't miss that) Nice to walk on.
I would swim the length + everyday. It wasn't the clearest or the most pristine, and a few minor jelly fish stings, but overall was decent. The snorkeling was really good( Reni the boat captain and his first mate Jason :-) and my husband enjoyed the diving everyday of the trip. Josh was a great divemaster. Although Whitehouse was a better experience last time since they were overly cautious about safety in Negril.
We loved our room, 20 steps to the beach near watersports, which we were frequent visitors. Thanks Gregory and Devon and everyone there for including me in the soccer matches and humoring me kicking the ball around.
It doesn't have a huge main pool and more of the butler guests seem to get the chairs set up for them early am. So you do have to get up early to score one. It would seem better that people should not be able to keep chairs all day when the may not even use them for an hour.
We don't do the pools so it wasn't a matter for us.
I loved the bars/barstaff and nightlife. Lois for bringing me drinks on the beach and Shaydana for smiling and putting up with me trying to create my own concoctions.
I loved that all the restauarants and bars (except Kimono's) were on the water and had outdoor seating and views of the ocean. A def. plus. The piano bar was fun, i wish they would have had that longer.
They had great restaurants. The Italian- thanks Christopher for being so fun- and of course the hibachi grill is always entertaining. We liked the french restaurant (which is the bayside during the am and lunch.) My husband recommends the rack of lamb. The returning guests dinner was so so . If we weren't getting an award, we might have skipped it.
The tennis courts will hopefully be redone- and leave a lot to be desired. We still used them everyday but again, no pro and cracks - Whitehouse had a better tennis program. We didn't sail much this trip because of the wind/lack of. It would have been nice to be able to enjoy that more.
Sandals seems much more customer service conscious than last time we went.
Overall I would recommend this place unless you are looking for a crazy big pool.
People/staff were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort