“Above and beyond our expectations as returning guests.”

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I would like to give our heartfelt thanks to everyone on staff at Sandals Negril for an amazing treatment for our Re-Tie The Knot Ceremony stay for 10 days.

Our concierges, Kera and Shahay went out of their way to make sure we had everything and more.
Giselle was amazing for our ceremony organization finalizations of our Re-Tie The Knot Ceremony and reception that was easily altered with the surprise of my Son and girlfriend and Sister and husband showing up to support our 25th Anniversary renewal of our vows.

Kendra our Bayside hostess was filled with love no matter where she saw us. Sandra our server many times treated us with love.

Nana did an amazing job with the food as F & B manager and having our last dinner at the Signature Club being invited personally to join Edward and Javid was such a treat to learn even more about a resort we have always loved.

Jeffery was an amazing server at The Sundowner as was the food.
Shafton always greeted us with a smile and genuine happiness to see us.

We were thrilled to see Donovan still bartending at the Piano Bar. He was the only staff we saw from our last trip to Negril in 2006.

The ocean was warm, the sun was shining most of the time, it was hot and everything was clean, friendly and filled with love.

This was our 5th trip to Sandals, 4 in Jamaica and 1 in Cuba and we were blown away with all the positive changes from food, to wine, to the treatment. Never has the concierge team done so much for us. We felt it necessary to let you know how happy we were and we are still beaming from our stay with you from October 20-30, 2013.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade. You never know what surprises can be in store for you. They really do g...
5  Thank laura082952

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My new husband and I went to this resort for our honeymoon. Everything about the resort was fantastic. Excellent accommodations, service and food / beverage. The service stood out as all associates who helped us were genuinely caring about us enjoying our stay; from Nadine at the front desk, Faitlynn who was out waitress a few dinners to Carlton in water sports. Thank you for making our honeymoon special. We plan to cone back for our first anniversary!!!

Andrea and John

Room Tip: Get beach front! It is worth the $!!!!! Beautiful.
2  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed October 29, 2013

OMG... I had a blast & I didn't lift a finger. Upon arrival we were greeted with drinks (my type of party) there I met Natalie, Keisha, & (the lovely) Marveth who walked us to the room and showed us around, & later I met Terrence. Great front office staff. On my 1st night I ate at Barefoot where I met another get team Faithlyn, Shavon, Sashelle, & Melisa. Shavon would speak EVERY TIME he saw me (I LOVE IT). You guys better NOT EVER get rid of Kendra she's a blessing. Hanging out with Vanessa and the 2 other ladies (by the pool) was fun too they ensured EVERYONE participated and had a good time. I was in 5201 and had the pleasure of meeting my housekeepers (lovely lady and EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL). I was met in Negril by something that should NEVER show up on vacation and didn't realize the mess it made, but she came in cleaned up without missing a beat. I kept apologizing and she insisted it was no big deal. I felt horrible and she made my day. I went to book a massage on the beach and the receptionist and June are great too, I loved the advice she gave my friend about her pregnancy.
I only notice this because I was sitting, but in the bathroom (facing the door, to right corner) there is a little dirt or dust. I didn't bother me and it didn't stop the party, it's more of an FYI for you.
Thank you guys and I can't wait to hang with you ALL AGAIN...

Room Tip: Don't worry about the room you should only be in there to handle a little business...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank JustKeedy504
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I would like to say a big thank you to the staff at Sandals Negril who were absolutely fantastic and in particular the guys from the dive centre who made our holiday such fun. We went diving every day that we could and were made to feel most welcome.
We loved the resort which is smaller and more intimate than the other Sandals resorts that we have been to and this was our 7th. The beach and clear blue water was idyllic and the weather in October was hot and with very little rain.
The food suited me more that my husband (who likes meat much more that fish). I think that the menus could offer more in the way of meat dishes but the breakfasts were outstanding and the quality of the food was excellent. I especially enjoyed our meal at the Kimono's tepanyaki restaurant. We also went for a short taxi ride one evening to the sister 'Beaches' resort along the coast and they have a very nice Tex/Mex restaurant that serves plenty of meat dishes.
We were rather disappointed with the room that we were allocated as it was considerably smaller than the rooms that we have been used to when booking the same standard at other Sandals resorts and it is fair to say that there was quite a lot of refurbishment going on so perhaps the rooms will be improved as this work progresses. However, a big disappointment was that the swim up bar was also being refurbished and although there was a bar very close to the main pool it was not 'swim up' and I think we should have been told about this and the building work before we booked the holiday.
These whinges aside, we had a lovely holiday and as previously mentioned the diving was great fun. On the whole Sandals is our 'go to' holiday provider as they truly make you feel welcome and do their utmost to ensure that you have a really memorable holiday.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your allocated room mention it to the staff immediately and they will try...
4  Thank Jane B
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

We're thrilled to read that you had a great vacation at Sandals Negril. We strive to create stellar vacation experiences for our guests. Therefore, we're disappointed to hear your comments about your room and our swim-up bar. However, we thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future for a 5-star experience that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful week at this resort. The staff are awesome. When we arrived, everyone we met asked us our name and we were then called by name each and every time we met. The Hotel Manager Edward is a very outgoing person (a Canadian) and chatted daily with us. Other staff that come to mind are Suzette, manager of food and beverage (I mentioned chick pea salad one day and the next it appear at our table for lunch), Pauline who seems to work day and night in the restaurants, always pleasant and very accommodating, Kendra, Kera, Jodi Ann at the pool, Marie from the kitchen (honey and lime juice for my sore throat), Shavanna, and last but not least Princess, the wine sommelier - great personality and always a smile on her face. The hospitality at this resort is the best of the five Sandals resorts we have vacationed at - keep up the good work. The resort is under renovation but this did not deter our vacation. The food is always good at Sandals.

1  Thank Pitbull50

It's so wonderful to hear of your phenomenal stay at Sandals Negril! Our staff works very hard to ensure that the needs of all of our guests are met. We want everyone to feel comfortable and right at home with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed every moment of your stay. Thank you for your review!

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I'm American, in my 40s, used to live overseas, done a good bit of domestic and International traveling. My wife and I just visited for our 12th Anniversary. We had pretty open minds about what to expect. Our typical day (over a week) was wake up, have breakfast in restaurant, lay at beach for couple of hrs., scuba dive, have drinks/lay at beach, play volleyball, have more drinks, shower, have dinner, more drinks, party a bit at night, sleep. Additionally we zip-lined (long bumpy drive, LOTS of fun), and played some table tennis w/ guests/staff (competitive). Staff is very fun and friendly. Beach is very nice, water is okay (not the pristine, sandy out to 100 yards ideal in my mind, but not far from it), scuba team is fantastic, food was much better than I expected (first all inclusive for us). I like to explore and didn't feel comfortable doing this in Jamaica (been to other islands where we have). Overall fantastic vacation and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Made friends, saw there room, all rooms likely pretty nice. All rooms close to beach. Best advice...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We're delighted to read about your great vacation at Sandals Negril. We're glad that you had such a wonderful stay, and we thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon for an even better stay!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

This dinner was one of the best dinners I had in my whole trip besides komonos. The manager was very nice and asked us if we wanted to move into the air conditioning cause we looked hot! So sweet! Our server Velise was very attentive and was sweet as pie! The food was awesome to say the least and blew my mind!!!! My dessert was served with a hand drawn heart and it was beautiful!By far this restaurant has the best menu options besides komono's and was first class from the atmosphere, to the awesome staff, the food and its presentation. From beginning to end of my experience was top notch!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian J
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Sundowner Restaurant. We're more than happy to see you enjoyed your meal, the awesome atmosphere and the excellent service of our staff. We hope to welcome you back in the future for many more great meals to come!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Sandals South Coast
Sandals South Coast
#1 of 1 in White House

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!