“The perfect place for our honeymoon.”

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in Negril
New Britain, Connecticut
“The perfect place for our honeymoon.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went there on our honeymoon and had a terrific time. It had beautiful beaches with ample space to lounge. The bartender Michael was great. He made sure everyone was taken care of. The photographer Albert took amazing pictures that we purchased. This was the most relaxing vacation.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank KLD928
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We're so happy to hear that you had an amazing honeymoon at Sandals Negril. We want nothing more than to offer beautiful and memorable vacation experiences to our guests. Thank you for your review. We can't wait for your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,415)
  • Greek first
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We just returned from our first trip to both a Sandals resort and Negril, Jamaica and I must say it will not be our last to either. We chose this resort based on reviews, website/photos provided by Sandals and the reputation of Sandal resorts as a whole. After we booked our vacation and picked our flights, we received an email from Sandals with a change to our itinerary, basically it reduced our stay by a day with the change in flights. My husband called Sandals and made arrangements that actually made our stay even better than what we had originally booked. I knew then that they realized the value of customer service. Sometimes when you see hotels in pictures they look much better than in person, but, upon opening our door to our Swim-Up Lagoon Room it was every bit as beautiful as the pictures on Sandals website, a perfect representation. I knew the resort would be beautiful but I really wasn't prepared for just how beautiful it would really be. Everything was perfectly manicured and clean at all times. The beach was longer than I expected and the resort offered so many different areas to gather and visit, or even sit on a swing or by a fire and have a quiet moment. I was told the resort was at 60% capacity and it neither felt too crowded or too empty. I can see that at 100% capacity there would still be plenty of space for it not to feel crowded. We had planned several different excursions during our stay, but did not do any of them for we found there was not much reason to leave the resort. We did catch a Sandals provided taxi to head over to the West End for a portion of one day. The driver took us wherever we asked and waited for us while we shopped and stopped at Ricks for a drink and to watch the locals dive off the cliffs. He also took us to the lighthouse and introduced us to the lighthouse keeper for a tour, we gave the lighthouse keeper $20 for his time. On the return to the resort, the driver suggested stopping by "Best In The West" for some authentic Jerk Chicken which we brought back to eat on our veranda. Very good!! I must mention one other meal we had away from the resort, but only two doors down on the beach and that was Fireman's Lobster located at "Our Past Time Bar & Grill", best lobster I've ever eaten hands down. Back to Sandals though...plenty of restaurants and we were never without plenty to eat. If you can afford it, get a room with a butler....it's well worth it!!! Our butlers Craig and Theda were amazing!! I didn't know going into it what all they would really be doing for us, but they set us up every day with lounge chairs w/umbrellas and towels complete with an ice chest filled with beer, waters and fruit juices. They give you a cell phone and you can call them at any time for drinks, food, or to set up any of your activities. They arrange your table at dinner each night wherever you would like to dine, several times we walked past guests waiting in line to be seated to our own table reserved and decorated with flowers for us. We truly were made to feel special at every turn. Craig and Theda were THE BEST! I will be requesting them on our next trip. But I have to say that everyone at Sandals was very friendly and accommodating. A special shout out to Edward who was on one of our snorkeling trips and was one of the last friendly faces we saw as we boarded our transfer bus. I wish we could remember everyone who made our trip special so that we could give kudos to all....but the main point is that EVERYONE will make you feel special here! The guards are located at each end of the beach at the resort as well as in the middle and they make you feel very safe. The locals will not approach you while you are on the beach, but they will talk to you from a distance unless you spark up a conversation with them. While on resort property they will not bother you at all, a simple no thank you is all that is required, and the guards are always right behind them ushering them on. Basically no one gets onto the beach without being seen and that's very comforting. We never felt unsafe and we always felt safe leaving our items on the beach. We rented a personal Cabana for a day and that was very relaxing. The snorkeling was very good....ask to go to the Middle Reef and and Caves....both spots were very good. Sailing was a lot of fun, if you haven't done it, it requires instruction that is only done at a certain time or two a day, so do that early in your trip so you can sail whenever you'd like. The catamaran was fun too, there was a big tube that we somehow missed doing but will catch it on the next trip. The food was good, I was a little disappointed in the food at Kimonos which is hibachi style. But the cooks were highly entertaining and definitely made it worth doing, I was just a little disappointed the food wasn't what I was expecting based on other reviews. The wood fired pizza is VERY good and we had our butlers bring us that several times while we were out on the beach....don't miss the pizza. We stayed away from construction, but it didn't bother us as we were walking about the resort. I loved the no tipping policy except for the butlers. Overall we were highly pleased with our stay at Sandals Negril....in fact, I think we left a little of our hearts there with them and Jamaica itself. Looking forward to returning!

Room Tip: Swim-Up Lagoon room with a butler. Highly recommend a butler if you can afford it. Ours was 6122 a...
5 Thank Leah D
Thank you so much for your kind review! We're so glad to see that you enjoyed your vacation with us. At Sandals Negril, we take pride in providing a romantic and relaxing environment for all of our guests. It was a pleasure making your anniversary stay one to remember. We hope to see you again!
Estero, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this property perhaps 3 times over the years and over 30 times to Jamaica, and most of the Caribbean and Mexico. The common thread is what you expect and what you get. My suggestion is work with a knowledgeable Travel agent and you will save most of the disappointment and complaints. The Sandals family of hotels offers sustainable quality in food and service, not perfect but very good. Most often front desk staff are low level , useless and frustrating and it's pretty much across the board at all inclusive s. the beach here is great for walking, maybe 1 fast hour from the airport, low key, laid back. I think if you pay a lot you expect the world , don't

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jackman1
We're happy to see that our beautiful beach and great dining has kept you coming back for the past few years. Our staff members are all highly trained and are constantly encouraged to go above and beyond to provide excellent service and information to our guests. We regret to hear your comments about your experience with them. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for a 5-star experience next time.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is my fourth trip to a Sandals Resort in Jamaica, and the first time in Negril. The resort is medium-sized and allowed privacy when we wanted it. We loved the daily pool volleyball games, and also some beach volleyball. The nightlife was good, and unlike a larger resort we visited, this one did not make me feel like I was at a college fraternity party - just enough - with a piano bar, nightly entertainment, and DJ late night.

Recommendations: If you can have Albert take sunset photos - DO. He is fantastic - as good as any US photographer that I have used. For future bookings Jolene is the best and will talk your husband right into it :o) we are back in Jamaica next year...beach walkout suite was the best decision we made; a little more expensive but completely worth it! Get a room away from the contruction area! You have to ask about construction - we were not told in advance, and during the day, our room was noisy...oh and Big Show makes the best jerked chicken! Ask him for his recipe and he may give you a deal! This was one of our favorite resorts!

Room Tip: Beach Walkout was the best!
2 Thank Nancy O
Thank you so much for your great review of Sandals Negril. We are always delighted to know that we met our standard as well as your expectations by offering amazing service in a fun and relaxing environment. We can't wait for your return!
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were at the Sandals Negril from September 16-23rd, 2013. It was a wonderful vacation and relaxing. It rained every day that we were there, but it cleared up within a couple hours. We had the butler service this time around and it was ok. Personally I don't think it's something we really need since we can book our own reservations and excursions. Our butlers Darron & Basil were great! THey were very personable and tried to get us whatever we needed. THe general manager (Andre) was awesome! We had an 11 hour layover in New York after leaving there and he offered to extend our stay at Sandals if we could have changed our flight. It was just too expensive for us to change flights, so we made the decision to leave as planned. Everyone there is most helpful and tries very hard to make your stay as enjoyable for you as possible. If we were sitting any where near the front desk, there were so many people asking if we were ok and if there was anything at all that we needed. We also visited the Grand Riviera in Ocho Rios 2 years ago. I think its probably my favorite between the two properties. Only b/c it's much bigger with lots more to do and explore. There are more restaurants and you can catch the shuttle to travel between the properties. Sandals overall is an ideal vacation spot for anyone. We truly enjoyed the food at both locations. (I just wish there was something that could be done about the flies where the food is being served in open restaurants on the beach)

I love the no tipping policy, which is why i would prefer to do it alone (without the butler) b/c I don't want to feel obligated to leave money. I just want to have an enjoyable vacation away from all the worries of the big city. The airport is the worst place! I would recommend anyone to carry their own bags or at least have the option. Our bags were taken off the bus and there was someone there to put them on a dolly to roll them into the building. I pulled my suitcase off the rack and the person snatched it out of my hand as though I was stealing someone's bag. He said I will take care of your bag, but then when he rolled it inside about 10 feet, he turned to take them off and demanded we tip him. One couple got their bag and walked away. He walked up to them in line and asked if he had not brought their bag in. WHen they said yes, he said, well I usually get a tip...and he just stood there. They did not have any change or loose dollars to give this person and he was very angry. I did not like this at all. You're just leaving such a beautiful place as Sandals and then have to be bombarded this way at the airport.
I wish Sandals could go the extra step with your transfers and have their drivers to get you into the airport with your bags. Most always I tip, but I don't want to be forced to tip you when I didn't ask for your service.
We will definitely be back! Our next visit will be to the Bahamas 2015!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rgraham747
We're so glad to read that you had such a wonderful stay at Sandals Negril. It's great to know that you enjoyed every minute of your stay with us. Our goal is to create memorable and amazing experiences for Two People in Love and I'm thrilled that we were able to meet the high standard during your visit. Thank you for your review.

We can't wait to welcome you to Sandals Royal Bahamian in 2015!
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I just got home from a 4 night vacation at Sandals Negril. This was our 6th Sandals vacation and we enjoyed ourselves once again. We stayed in a Club Level room and I would like to give a special thanks to Kevin from concierge. Kevin made sure that our every need was met and went out of his way to find us through out our stay to make recommendations and to see if we needed anything. His smile and service were outstanding!

The beach was beautiful and we were able to sit back and relax, which is what we are looking for on vacation.

Sandals Negril is a smaller resort and reminded us of Sandals Royal Caribbean.

The jerk chicken at the Beach Bistro was amazing!!! We ate it almost every day for lunch. The dinner menus could use some adjustment, but we loved Cucina Romana and wouldn't change a thing there.

Another great trip. We are off to Sandals Grenada in the Spring of 2014.

1 Thank dflorio
Thank you so much for your review of Sandals Negril. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time visiting our resort.

We can't wait to showcase our new Sandals LaSource when you visit Grenada in 2014!

Happy Travels!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I waited a year to celebrate our honeymoon and it was well worth the wait to come to Sandals Negril! Our room was a swim up butler suite and it was truly paradise. The property is beautiful and immaculate. There are beautiful flowers everywhere and the beach is so pristine. But the best part of Sandals is the people that work there. Everyone is so friendly and it is just such a "happy" environment. You are greeted warmly everywhere you go and there is always reggae music playing. Disney is not the happiest place on earth--Sandals Negril is! Our butlers were Craig and Theda and they were awesome! They took care of everything--setting up our beach chairs, stocking the bar, sending snacks to the room, having tables with flowers set for us at dinner, putting flowers on the bed, having a bubble bath ready for us after a long day....the list goes on and on! The beautiful breakfast hostess at Bayside was always so friendly and Jacinth from housekeeping who did our turndown and towel service at night was so sweet and funny! The food was delicious--we highly recommend the buffet breakfast at Bayside and dinner at the Sundowner. Kimonos was delicious and our chef was an Asian Jamacian guy...he was hilarious. Go to Kimonos the first night because it is a great place to meet other couples at the start of your trip. Be sure to read the activities list each day because there is always something fun going on and you don't want to miss it. Here are a few more tips for your trip: don't come in on Friday afternoon. The traffic is bad in Mobay and Lucea and you will be in a dead stop over several periods of time. It took us over 2 hours to get to Sandals from the airport and the van you will be in is not a luxury vehicle. Also, you don't have to convert US dollars to Jamaican money...everyone takes US cash and they will be asking for it---all drivers, airport workers, and anyone providing service on an excursion want tips and they are not afraid to ask for it so be prepared. There are tree frogs on the property and at night, they are LOUD. If you have a white noise machine or phone app, you will definately be using it to drown out the frogs! The free internet there is not much faster than dial-up. If you pay $40, you can upgrade to premium internet which is faster but only 3 devices can be connected to the wireless (including phones). Last, ask the bartenders for a Bob Marley and a Miami Vice! Overall, this was the best vacation we ever had and we were so sad to leave. We have been home for almost 48 hours now and we are already planning our next vacation back to Sandals Negril!

Room Tip: The swimup suites in the Sundowner building are wonderful!! Very quiet and the beach is really nice...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marla S
Thank you for choosing Sandals Negril to celebrate your long-awaited honeymoon. It was truly an honor to share such a milestone with you. We are very happy to read how much you loved your well-appointed suite, excellent service, and our friendly staff. It seems you had a great time. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
#9 of 63 in Montego Bay
Sandals South Coast
Sandals South Coast
#1 of 1 in White House

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!