“amazing time!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Negril
North Bellmore, New York, United States
“amazing time!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to Sandals Negril from 7/21 to 7/26/13. We had a phenomenal time!! We booked a Grande Luxe concierge room. Upon arrival, we were spoiled immensely. They don't even allow you to carry your bags to your room. Instead, we were treated to a mezmerizer, a wonderful drink. Be sure to get one. We were upgraded to a two story loft with a spiral staircase, spacious living space and an ultra-private balcony. I cannot say enough about our concierge, Darriel Daley. He went above and beyond to make us happy, He is more like a butler than a concierge. We will miss him so much. There are so many other people to thank but it would take years to list them. The food was amazing. The beach was awesome. The nature is fascinating. There is so much to see. The peddlers are a bit much but security is right there to move them along. We did get lobsters from the lobsterman (I highly reccommend), and even there, security accompanied us for the walk to get the lobsters. We felt very safe here. The worst part about this place is leaving. Don't listen to any bad reviews. We can't wait to come back, perhaps for our honeymoon. We've found our new home away from home!! <3

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SmileyRN7280

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,327)
  • Greek first
Beacon, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was my husband and I first all-inclusive vacation. He has done nothing but talk about when we can go back since we got home. It was my first time on an airplane and the trip there was kind of long. After a 4 1/2 hour plane ride and a 1 1/2 hour ride to the resort from the airport, I couldn't wait to get there. Check in was fairly easy and we were led to our room. The room was beautiful. The A/C worked well and everything was very clean.

The room was cleaned twice a day and our mini-bar was stocked everyday. My husband is a big fan of Red Stripe beer so they put extra in there for him. The best thing was the 24hr room service. I called more than once at 3 am for cheesecake and ice cream.

The staff was phenomenal. I asked for hot tea one morning and everyday for the rest of stay the brought me a huge tray of every kind of tea imaginable. The bartenders at the beach bar would bring us drinks while we in the pool as soon as they noticed they were 1/2 empty. Fabio took some really amazing pictures of us that I have framed all over my house.

The food was good. There was nothing I didn't like but my husband is a little pickier than I am. But he did find quite a bit that he liked.

The resort is very laid back there is no pressure to do anything if you didn't want to. The one excursion we took was the catamaran to Rick's Cafe. I highly recommend it. My husband is not a fan of boats and he loved it. We basically just laid out by the pool all day and hung put at the beach bar at night.

I recommend Sandals Negril to everyone. I will definitely return. I am saving my pennies as we speak.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Nancy S
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

What a beautiful and relaxing vacation! This was my first time out of the country and everyone at Sandals Negril made it one of the best experiences of my life. We stayed 8 nights, 9 days and every morning I was greeted my Kendra The Bayside Buffet hostess. She was always smiling and so very sweet, Kendra started my day off perfectly and everything after that just fell in to place. It was the most clean and inviting vacation spot I have ever been on. My husband loved the fact we could be lounging by the ocean and the servers would know who we were and what we drank so they would bring us drinks as soon as we sat down in our chairs. Orlando took beautiful pictures of us in various places in the resort, he knew just how we should pose to make sweet pics of us together. My husband talked me in to night snorkeling, I was actually terrified and "Smiley" who was our guide made me feel very much at ease. I felt much safer once he explained all the the tour in detail. Overall the food, the service and the employees made our stay a perfect one. We will definitely be returning to Sandals Negril.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Honeymoon Beachfront/Walkout Concierge Suite and we loved being 20 steps from the s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Shellby120
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We're so glad to hear that you and your husband had an amazing honeymoon at Sandals Negril. We always strive to offer romantic and memorable vacations to our guests and I'm happy we were able to do just that during your stay. Thank you so much for your review!

We hope to see you soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Everything about this resort is exceptional. The food is delectable, the service is great, the rooms are cozy, and the property is beautiful. We had the best vacation at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa. I would definitely recommend this resort to friends and family.

Room Tip: Any room you choose, you wil be satisfied.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Elmosl0717
Thank you for your great review of Sandals Negril. We're ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed our gorgeous property, friendly staff and delicious food. Sounds like you had an incredible stay and we can't wait to welcome you back for another!
Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

What a wonderful holiday!!! For the first time in our lives we REALLY felt like we had been on a vacation. We had a long day traveling from Trinidad to Mo Bay, which was a bit tiring. Nevertheless, from the time we boarded the shuttle to Sandals Negril from the airport, we knew our experience had begun. Our room was warmly set for a real newlywed couple. Every person attending to us made sure we felt at home. Before going any further, I'd like to highlight two very outstanding staff members: Aneshia and Deavaughn. These are the kind of personalities you should be accommodated by on any real all inclusive resort: very warm and friendly. We felt like family to Sandals with them around. Customer service there is so remarkable. It cushioned us from the start to finish of our trip.
The resort is great. I was a bit lost first couple days, but my wife pulled me out, lol, thank God. The orientation of the resort however, was very helpful. The beach activities were also very enjoyable. I had my first attempt at water skiing there. My goodness I failed miserably, but it added to my experience anyway. If you are good at it, prep yourself and spouse for it; go show off your skills. If you are into water activities like wind surfing, jet-skiing, kayaking, etc, SN is the place to be.
I won't forget to mention the visit to Beaches Resort (5 mins drive). It's the place to take your family if you're not on a couple's getaway. My wife and I took the privilege of dining there for lunch and enjoying evening activities. After we had our fill of fun, it was back to our base to just relax the night away. I think we had dinner by "Barefoot by the Sea" restaurant that night- great food, lovely ambiance.
If I have to take something home with me, in terns of food, it would be breakfast. Great way to start your day. Omelets and fruit drink all being prepared in your face. you won't regret. I loved it, she loved it... go see for yourself. you'll love it. Breakfast in bed was nice too.
Our photographer was a very professional guy. Fabien did a great job. I enjoyed the photo shoots with wiifey. He captured us on some really spontaneous moments. Great job!!!
We honeymooned sweetly at SN- a lovely start to marriage life. There's more of course, but it's for you to see for yourself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barry A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had a great time at Sandals Negril. From the moment I stepped in the door, Sharene and George offered such a warm welcome, I felt like I was among family. The food was good and I really enjoyed the variety of options. The service was top notch!!! After having lunch I mentioned toNeeve , one of the most excellence servers I've ever encountered, that I really wanted a dessert that want listed on the menu. Although I was really thinking aloud, 5 minutes later he finds it from SOMEWHERE and it was amazing!!! Norman (from Italian restaurant) Princess, DJ Mase and the playmakers were also fantastic. I highly recommend it....due to a booking error that I was completely responsible for, my sister and I were among the very few single people at this couples resort...imagine that!!! But with the help of the staff, ( and our very outgoing personalities) we ventured out into the local area, met other guests that weren't coupled up, and had the time of our life both on and off the resort!! I meet some really wonderful people and am making plans for my return!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RmandaC
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first time to Jamaica, so unlike some other reviewers, I have no other experiences to compare this to. That being said, the people that work at the resort honestly made our whole stay incredible! Yes the food was good and there were fun things to do, but I'm sure most resorts have that...we felt the workers went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. They did anything we asked and seemed so genuinely friendly!

We paid a little more to have a beachfront room with a concierge, bar in the room, and room service. Having our concierge was nice because she made reservations for us, checked up on us, and gave good advice about places to go. We realized it wasn't really worth it though to pay extra for the in-room bar because there were bars all over the resort that we would end up stopping at while we were walking around...so we ended up not drinking much of our bar.

We only went on two excursions because we wanted to be on the resort the majority of the time. We went shopping which was cool, but most of the stuff for sale off the resort was the same stuff you could get on the resort. We did go on a catamaran cruise to Rick's Cafe and Margaritaville...which was sooo much fun!!

Overall I recommend Sandals Negril and know that anyone who stays there would have a good time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Deja A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals South Coast
Sandals South Coast
#1 of 1 in White House
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,559 reviews

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!