Spent a week at Sandals Negril (6/17/13 - 6/23/13) with my wife. We stayed in a Honeymoon Penthouse Beachfront One Bedroom Crystal Lagoon Suite on the second floor of the Sundowner Building. The room was great - had a great view off the balcony, bed was comfortable, AC worked great, etc. The only negative regarding the room is that we could hear a dog barking from the property next door several mornings, though I wouldn't count this as too much of a negative.
The butlers (Mark and Damian) were phenomenal. Friendly, always happy, helpful, etc. I can't say enough about them as they, by themselves, made the trip a success. In fact, they gave us a hard time about not letting them help us enough. You do pay for the butler service, but you get value for the extra money - always have a reserved beach chair with a cooler, always get reservations to the restaurant of your choice, they're always bringing you drinks and/or food, etc.
The food was fine. Not exceptional, but we had some good meals. We enjoyed both Kimonos and the Italian restaurant. Our favorite was probably Sundowner. The pizza, patties, and fish at the grill were good.
We spent a lot of time on the beach. The beach is thin, as noted by many people on here, but it didn't bother us. I was more bothered by the small roped off swim areas. That was resolved by a fellow guest who wasn't too skilled with his catamaran (he ran through the rope, which didn't show up the rest of the week. I give a thumbs up for the beach.
We also enjoyed the water activities, and snorkeling in particular. We did the night snorkeling trip with Renji, which was great. Smiley was also an entertaining snorkeling captain.
The two off resort activities we participated in were: (1) the zipline tour in the jungle, which was our favorite; and (2) the catamaran to Rick's Café, which was OK but no need to do that again.
All in all, we had a great time. I think the price is a little high for what you get, but it's hard to complain given that we had such a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort