“Wonderful Honeymoon”

Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Huntsville, Alabama
“Wonderful Honeymoon”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our honeymoon at Sandals Negril was wonderful! The grounds are beautiful! The beaches and pools were amazing.

Our waitress, Aneshia, at the beach bistro was great! She is super sweet!

Smiley and Reni will take you on some awesome boat and snorkeling tours.

I wouldnt waste my money going to the market or to see the dolphins, but Dunn's River Falls is Awesome!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank brittany c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,392)
  • Greek first
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was such an amazing resort!! No doubt in my mind that we will go back the first chance we get! The staff is so friendly and fun. Nothing but good vibes the whole time!! The food was incredible, anytime day or night. The drinks were so delicious. The activities were amazing. The beach and water are truely breathtaking. I could go on and on! We got married while we were there, just my husband and I, and we were very well taken care of by the wedding staff. Our wedding was everything I wanted. We made so many friends while we were there. The memories will last a life time. Two staff members that far exceeded our expectations are Hirifia and "Big Show". They made us feel so welcome and went out of there way to make our trip fun and memorable. They are two of the nicest people we have ever met! We also became certified scuba divers while we were here and the water sports staff made our experience so fun! Josh was our scuba trainer and I highly recommend him if you are considering scuba diving. He made us feel so comfortable and safe. He was such a good instructor above water and below. This is the first review I have ever done, but I definitely had to share our experience. We can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Chancley
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Let me start off by saying, the staff here is amazing. The management is wonderful and will do their very best to accommodate you.
The property itself is very pretty, but many of the rooms are quite old, especialy the bathrooms and air conditioners and need updating. We had the beachfront room. Great view. I have a thing about shower curtains when I stay at a resort. I love a nice bathroom.
The food was pretty good. I liked the Sundowner's restaurant best for dinner and the Bayside offered a good selection at the buffet for breakfast and lunch.
Barefoot on the Beach had a nice menu, but this time of year it was very humid and lots of sand flies on the beach at night.
During the day, the beach seemed to get pretty full. Good thing was that if you prefer the pool, it was pretty easy to get a lounge without getting up at 5AM.
Of course, there are always the people who love to hog the chairas, even if they are not using them until later in the day.

I would love to see a Cricketeers Pub here. Nightlife was just okay.
If you are looking for a relaxing resort, this is the place to be. If you prefer nightlife and more choices, try Whitehouse or Antigua.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony, make sure you book that before you go and not wait for an upgrade. Rooms too...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TRAVELAGENTNY
Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I spoiled ourselves this past January with a swim-up crystal suite and it was spectacular! The room itself was amazing. I can't say enough great things about the semi-private lagoon that is attached to the room. I was so looking forward to swimming out one side of our room and I absolutely loved it! In my opinion, these are hands down the best rooms on the resort. I was hoping to be "wowed" and I certainly was. The room comes with butler service and our 2 butlers (Mark and Orlando) were simply the best. They went above and beyond on a regular basis and they enhanced our stay tremendously. I really can't say enough great things about the Sandals Negril and about Mark & Orlando.

Room Tip: Swim-up crystal suite - you just can't go wrong with these rooms!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Erna M
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I went on vacation to Sandals Jamaica and had the most wonderful time. This was our second visit to a sandals and we will never stay anywhere else. Jamaica is our favorite place to go and Negril is the most wonderful place on the island. The resort is beautiful and our room was spectacular. We recommend splurging on the concierge room as the level of service is amazing. The wonderful ladies there were wonderful. O'Shane and Shaniqua with gameplayers were so much fun and really helped make our vacation the best!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JaciA
Culver City, California, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a wonderful time at this resort. My room was wonderful although one of the glass sinks was leaking and the room service food was not all that great. My key didn't work the first three times I tried to get back in my room. The bed was very comfortable but there needed to be window coverings that would block out the sun from the balcony. All that being said, I still loved the hotel, my room and the workers I encountered. I even made some friends among the staff. Kudos to the BeachBum Vacation staff for such wonderful service planning this trip--explicitly Melissa Harmon!

Room Tip: My room was on the street side which was kind of noisy but out of a group of about 60 people, we had...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
17 Thank Alisa D
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My experience at Negril was great!! I have been to a number of Jamaica locations and to be honest I have never ran into an issue. Now as for travel time and experience Nergril was the best drive. I have been to the White House and that drive made my whole group car sick, but to Nergril it was a very nice ride. Negril was a smaller location but if you are just waiting to get away and not be bothered at all by anyone then Nergril for me is the place in Jamaica to go. I always book my trips with Beach Bum Vacations, they make everything so easy and we have never ran into any issues with pricing, setups, etc. Go Beach Bum Vacations and Sandals Negril!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brandon H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
#9 of 63 in Montego Bay
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
#14 of 80 in Negril

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!