“Best Jamaican Vacation”

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had been to Sandals in Ocho Rios but Sandals Negril was amazing. We are planning our next visit already. The staff was very professional, attentive and genuine. They are smiling at all times of the day. Our room attendant's Jesephine and Karlene were great. The Beach Bistro staff which fed us day and night every day for 6 days. Big Show during the day with the most amazing Jerk recipies and Jermaine at night singing and feeding us some great chicken. The Piano Bar at night was so much fun!! Devon and Shenequa got the crowd going every night. Our bartenders Glenroy and Jonathan made sure our drinks were good and that we had a good time. The food at all the venues was great. Jeffrey our waiter at the Barefoot was so much fun. We met great people that we will keep in contact with. We had the beach bungalow and that is the same room I want when we go back. Our only complaint was getting to the beach and not finding chairs with an umbrella. I had to start putting my stuff out on the chairs at night for the next day.

1  Thank Zel305
There are newer reviews for Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just came back from Sandals Negril, our second time there. It was wonderful, just like last time, perfect weather, good food, beautiful rooms, beautiful beach. There is nothing to complain about at this resort. If you want a beautiful resort, great service, cleanliness, etc. Do not hesitate, it's awesome!
Our butlers, Basil and Theda were great! Theda is really sweet and does an excellent job. Bartender Christopher is alway friendly and always fast to acknowledge and serve you. Everyone should visit this resort at least once in their lifetime, it's so nice. We also met a lot of great people there.

Room Tip: Butler Suites are beautiful, but I believe every room is great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andergirl
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our second Sandals Negril vacation, and it was even better than the first. The resort is continually updating, this year included several fire pit lounge areas which were great relaxing areas in the evening. Breakfast and lunch buffets had great variety. We enjoyed a fresh fruit smoothy every day and a made-to-order omelet daily, fresh fruits, pastries and meat potatoes, waffles, pancakes, etc. Something for everyone. The dinner choices varied from night to night, but a daily newsletter advised which ones were open. Two required advance reservations, so make those early in your stay, otherwise it is as-come service, wait time varies, but bar locations and lounge areas nearby make waiting not a problem. Rooms are outdated, but functional, and didn't spend much time in the room. The best staff anywhere is what makes this a good choice. Servers asked our names when seating us, and used them every time they addressed us... even days later would call us by our names if we were to pass them on the resort. Special kudos to Kendra, Hostess at Bayside, Harriet at Sundowner, and Faithlynn at Cucina Romana just to name a few. Everyone on property, from grounds crew, housekeeping, maintenance, etc, always greeted us. Any problems were addressed and corrected without problem. They do their best to make it a great vacation, and certainly succeeded during our recent week stay in April 2013.

Room Tip: We liked ocean front ground in the Bamboo Wing, just steps from the beach. This time we stayed in th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat60423
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A group of friends and I recently stayed at the Sandals Negril resort. It was my first time in Jamaica and by far, one of the most fun and enjoyable vacations I have ever taken. Although the rooms were a little more spartan that I would have expected for a resort, all the necessary amenities were in place, housekeeping services were excellent, and friendly staff ensured that all guests were enjoying their vacation. This was also my first "all inclusive' experience and for the money, it was an excellent value. All food and most drinks (except for requested wines) were included and proved to be top quality taste and content...no watered down drinks here. Many activities - snorkling, paddle boarding, jet skiing, scuba, wind surfing...etc were available with little or no wait times. Fantastic location, always felt very safe in this location and the weather was excellent overall. Each day had an afternoon shower that lasted no more than 30 mins and served to cool the day before the glorious sunshine and beautiful skies reappeared. I would definitely recommend and can't wait for my next trip to another Sandals resort and/or Jamaica.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rogue66
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Last week, my girlfriend and I spend four days and nights at the Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa. Before this trip, I had neither been to Jamaica nor had I ever stayed at an all inclusive resort. Between us, we have six children, four of whom spent the first half of the Passover/Easter holiday with us. Our choice of a couples only resort underscores how badly we needed to get away from those we love so dearly, if only for a few days.

This resort fit the bill. It was absolutely gorgeous, possessing a beautiful beach, several pools, cool bars and lots of places to lounge in comfort. The designers paid particular attention to so many details in creating a romantic getaway in an exotic little corner of the earth. The true beauty of the resort, though, is most apparent at night when the artificial lighting better highlights the contrasting styles of the buildings and grounds than does natural lighting. Set against the dark and starry sky, it was simply a beautiful place in which to take a romantic walk or steal away to a darkened section of the beach for the chance to surreptitiously canoodle within earshot of the waves crashing on the shore.

The staff was very nice and, generally, very helpful. All was not perfect, however, as the food was neither good nor bad. My friends who had stayed at all inclusive resorts had warned me that the food would most likely be mediocre. They were right. I give the food a C+/B-. However, the kitchen was wiling to send ice cream to our room one night after the point at which the menu shrunk to not include ice cream. On another occasion, though, they failed to show up long after their predicted arrival time and I had to cancel the order, as we were ready to go to sleep.

The beach was beautiful. The water was crystal clear and warm, the sand soft and nearly devoid of rocks and shells. But, the beaches in Jamaica are public and, as a result, those who sell their wares are permitted to range freely on the beach from one end of the property to the other. In the case of those selling items that are somewhat less than legal, though, the resort's security guards radioed their presence on the grounds to the rest of the security team and comically followed their movements at close range, seemingly supervising their transactions. When a deal was struck, it was fine and dandy as long as it was consummated off of the hotel property. Also, and this was hilarious, those who were selling some items stalked the waters off shore in jet skis, hawking their goods and services to all who looked like they'd be interested. For those who may be so inclined, and who are budget conscious, be advised that your money goes a long way in Jamaica. For the sake of efficiency, I recommend making friends with the others in your transport from the airport to the resort and pooling your resources. With that approach, you can spend less money on certain extracurricular activities and not have to leave anything behind in your room for the next guest.

Finally, it's worth the extra money to stay in a room with an oceanfront view. I've never been one to spend extra money on an oceanfront view, figuring that my time spent in the room is usually time spent sleeping or paying attention to the needs of my girlfriend, but the noise from the road at this resort was bone shaking. At first, after two upgrades, we were stationed in a room facing the road. After two hours of listening to loud trucks, motorcycles and people literally shouting from their cars as they passed by, I went to the front desk to change my room. Because I had already received two upgrades, and the only room that would eliminate that horrible distraction was oceanfront, I had to reach into my pocket. Usually, the clerk said, it would cost an additional $219 per night for the room upgrade. But, she said they could do it for an additional $150 per night. I talked her down to an additional $100 per night. I still don't know if I did well in that negotiation or if I was fleeced, but at that point, I was on vacation and I wasn't going to let $400 stand in the way of having a four restful nights.

1  Thank Crimepays2
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I were in Jamaica 34 years ago for our honeymoon and have always wanted to go back. Well we finally did and this was our first Sandals experience and it won't be our last. The entire resort was beautiful, it had excellent a food, the service staff and group of Playmakers added to all of the fun we had. We looked forward to getting up every morning for a new adventure. We went snorkeling every morning and our boat captain Smiley was so funny and a great at making sure everyone had a good experience. Petal one of the Playmakers was very attentive and humorous. There was so much to do each day so you can either stay active as much as you want or just relax by the pool or beach. We are already talking about returning within the next two years. We have done a fair amount of travel and this by far has been one of our favorites.

3  Thank Annette W
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Sandals Negril and we had such a good holiday last time, so decided to return and weren't disappointed! The staff greeted us like old friends and actually remembered us from last year.

We received an upgrade and had the room next to last year's, which was a good size with a patio. It was at the back of the hotel, looking onto the gardens and despite some comments on Tripadvisor, it's not really noisy. I would sit outside occasionally of an afternoon reading quite happily. Some of the rooms look a bit tired, but we were told they are refurbishing them gradually during the year.

What can I say about the staff? They are all so amazing, couldn't do enough for us and kept us entertained all day no matter where they worked. All the restaurant & bartending staff (too many to name individually) were attentive & helpful, so thank you to them. We loved the food, which Head Chef, Evan, had improved on since last year. The Playmakers worked hard to entertain everyone and gave us so many laughs. They organised quizzes and games, but you don't have to join in. Pool & beach staff were helpful and forever cleaning! The gym is well equipped and the Trainer, Ian, also takes Aquasize most mornings which is fun.

On a downside, more beds are needed at the main pool, as you can't always get one.

The Managers & Directors were always on hand to make sure everything was up to standard or listen to any complaints and at the same time have a laugh with you.

A big "thank you" to all the staff as there are too many to mention and I would hate to leave anyone out.

Room Tip: Don't go for the basic room as they are quite small and dark. It's worth paying a bit more f...
3  Thank Suzi9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
#1 of 1 in White House
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#3 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!