I did really enjoy my time at Sandals Negril, but I was a little underwhelmed. I've been to other Sandals Resorts, and this was on par - as far as Service, Food, etc.. What I was underwhelmed about was the beach.
I have been to 7 mile beach before and seen how beautiful it is, and Sandals Negril is located on a smaller portion of the beach. I don't know if it's just been washed away, but there are places where it is really narrow and there were larger patches of seagrass growing - made for difficult swimming in the ocean (we went June 2012), and the pools were small, so I really don't remember doing a lot of swimming while we were there. We did find a small pool near the main pool that worked for a cool down. The main pool was too much for us, with the music and swimup bar. Normally we don't mind, but it was smaller pool and we just felt on top of everyone - we like our space. This may just not have been the resort for us, but we did enjoy it. We just did a 3 night stay here to spend a couple nights in Negril, before heading to Whitehouse.
As I mentioned, the food was fabulous. LOVED Kimonos! The food was plentiful, delicious and the chef was extremely entertaining. He was singing just about any tune he could come up with! We also really enjoyed Sundowner for Breakfast - loved the Banana French Toast. We ate their for dinner too - and it was great, had a good steak, and their signature drink was tasty too. Dino's was fun, we enjoyed eating beach front and the food was great. We were a little disappointed that we dressed up as required, and not many other people did.
Our Room - I don't remember the category, but it was a little beach front cottage, and it was over by Dino's and we liked it. The first night we were there it got a little loud but it stopped after awhile. We loved the location, and we loved the patio with a beautiful view of the ocean.
Over all - I'd recommend this resort to young honeymooners, or couples looking to have a good time. It's not a quiet resort, but it's not crazy. I do recommend butler service if you can swing it because getting chairs and the pool and beach was a little difficult becauase of the smallness of the resort. We didn't have any trouble, but we also weren't trying to get chairs by the pool. The pool is where all the action is during the day. Everyone looked to be having a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort