First off I will start by saying we travel as a group of four, this is our 7th Sandals but our first time to Negril. The lounge at the airport meets all your needs once you are off your flight, snacks, soft drinks and of course Red Stripe on tap. We enjoyed the drive to the resort, it’s a great way to view the real Jamaica.
Once we arrived we were escorted up to the concierge lounge, where we were automatically put at ease and started to wind down. We were upgraded to a Honeymoon Suite in the Paradise building, which is essentially designed for the best sunset views, what a great room!!
Here is our run down of the restaurants and bars, sorry if its a little long winded.
We had two delicious meals here, where the chef even came to our table to welcome us. The atmosphere here is ocean front and very nice. We also met one of our favourite workers (its hard to have a number one), Nickisha. She introduced herself to us and never forgot our names the rest of the week. She made us feel like we have known her our whole lives. This made us feel right at home, every time we saw her, there big hugs all around.
Also two dinners here, where Michael took care of us. We opted to stay outside to dine as inside had the air conditioner on a little high. Michael made us feel comfortable to take our time ordering and we felt that we were never rushed.
A good setting, with the sand under your feet. The food here also very good and again felt very relaxed.
Unfortunately, we only had one dinner here as that was all that was available. Our chef, Geion, kept us entertained throughout our entire meal, singing and making us laugh. This made the dinner all the more enjoyable. The food was spectacular, and served in good portions. This restaurant seats 8 to a table but at the end it seemed that we were all friends. The sushi and desserts here were unbelievable.
We ate breakfast here every morning, with Kendra sitting us and Jolene making sure we were always taken care of. We enjoyed every meal we had here, breakfast lunch and dinner.
Bella Napoli Pizzeria:
By far one of the busiest places, but be patient you are on holidays, put your custom order in if required and come back in 30 minutes and you will have a delicious pie to hold you over.
We ate lunch here a couple of times, where the jerk, fish fingers and burgers were awesome. We did eat here late at night a couple of times to grab some nachos, wings and “Volcano” sauce ( not for the weak palette) The service here was always cordial and quick.
This was home to us every night, with Danny on the piano singing and encouraging us to sing with him. Chris our bartender was always laughing and smiling and very thankful that we could be patient when it was busier. Here we met our other favourite Gevel, he is very new to the resort and was a bit shy, but was very professional and the future is bright with him on the staff.
As for the playmakers the one that stood out the most to us was Kevan, he was always willing to dance with us, even showing us some moves from time to time. Having Big Willi playing DJ ensured that all genres of music were being played to keep everyone engaged. Shaniqwa (sp?) was also very spirited in her dancing and singing.
Gayonne at the Soon Come Back desk did everything for our next booking, even giving us a chance to view a butler suite for future bookings.
If you get the chance, take a walk down the beautiful to Beaches for a cold drink, we felt very safe along the way. As for the locals a simple no thank you is all you need to have them move on.
One small disappointment over the week, was that we celebrated our 15th anniversary while being here and it was not acknowledged, however we did see many other rooms and couples that had that recognition.
Thank you Sandals Negril for having us and we will soon come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort