“Great Beach and Snorkeling with a Relaxed Vibe”

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Sandals Negril. We loved the beach, snorkeling,and included watersports. Tubing was a blast! We rented the over the edge cabanas for a couple of days and they were well worth it. The food and drinks were good, especially at Kimono's. Barefoot by the Sea was also a nice place to dine with your toes i the sand. We would like to give a shout out to Big Papa with watersports, Algero and his partner at the cabanas, and Norman, Shada, and Gian at Kimono's for the great service and fun. Be sure to get at least a concierge level beachfront room or you will most likely be disappointed.

Room Tip: Splurge on butler service rooms if you can!
1  Thank Cheeseheads
There are newer reviews for Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a great vacation to Sandal's Negril. The entire resort was beautiful. The food and service was just as good as the other Sandal's resorts we have stayed at. The views from our beach front room were great. I would suggest that if you try your hand at sailing one of the catamaran's that you request one of the instructors to take you out and not just take verbal instructions. The ride to the resort from the airport takes about 90 minutes and can be interesting with the right driver. We asked our driver about a nice place to stop for a snack and he stopped at "Jerky's" for some of the best jerk chicken I have ever had. I would also suggest a couples massage on the beach, it was great!!! The security did a great job in keeping you from being bothered by vendors patrolling the beach.

Room Tip: I would suggest the beach front rooms for the views.
2  Thank Richard B
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Sandals Negril. We had such a great time in May 2012 that we had to go back. The people really make the place and have us going back again (God willing) within a year.
Both trips we stayed in the Honeymoon Beachfront two story (loft) suite with butler. Both trips we had Basil & Daron as our butlers. The boys were great keeping us fed & hydrated.
The food is not 5 star dining - nor to they claim it to be. Worry not - You will not go hungry... by far! This trip we ate at the Bayside restaurant buffet for breakfast daily. For lunch, we either had pizza brought to us on the beach by the butler, or ate at the beach bistro (JJ's). I couldn't get enough of the fish & chips. For dinner - we ate at Sundowner twice; the buffet on the beach at the beach party; Kimono's once; Bayside the rest of the time. Kimono's was a disappointment. Maybe it had to do with our cook (wasn't as entertaining) - plus the food was very bland. Bayside & Sundowner were YUMMY. Good food, good service, great scenery.
We can't say enough about the water sports crew. Especially Smiley (Davian) and Big Pappa on the snorkel trips. We laughed and enjoyed ourselves each time out. We took the resort scuba course this trip. Kemar was a great instructor - Philip a great underwater guide. If you want to know what it's like to scuba - try this course. It gives you an opportunity to try it out without committing time & money of full certification (which you can upgrade to if you so choose).
A simple "no thanks" to the vendors on the beach and they'd be on their way. Security made sure they weren't pushy.
Can't wait to go back "home" again and spend time with my Jamaican "brother & sisters". Respect!

Room Tip: Rooms in Paradise and Palm buildings are closer to evening entertainment. Plantation, Coconut Grove...
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I told my wife that if I die in winter and there is a waiting line in heaven, I hope God will allow me to wait in Negril!! First time at Sandals, and we fully enjoyed the stay. Employees said there were 220 rooms and over 400 employees...all of which seem to be at your disposal at any time. The sky is Carolina blue; the water is crystal clear and the beach is stark white. Our honeymoon suite was 16 steps from the beach. The temp in late Jan was 85 each day. Getting up each morning and sitting on a prepared private patio was phenominal. Table cloth, coffee for me, and green tea for my wife....flowers strewn all around. Needless to say, it was amazing to see and difficult not to stare at. Everyone in the restaurants (all-inclusive) was well-trained, and had to have been to "happy school". The food was average or better. Even though all food and drink was furnished, the reason I went and the thing I enjoyed most was the weather. Well worth the trip and expense. My wife and I had a massage and were very pleased. Further, we took a cab to Rick's Bar which is in the top 10 bars in the world. Worth the time and effort.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is one of the friendliest Sandals resorts we have stayed. Everyone was so friendly and helpful.

Trip to the resort was quick. We were asked if we wanted to stop half way and we opted not to do this. Arrived at the resort and was ushered upstairs to the concierge office. Our paperwork was quickly processed and then we were escorted to our room.

We were on the second floor of the Coconut Grove building directly across for Cuciana Romano restaurant. Our second floor suite had stairs on the outside of the building; there aren't many of these in this category of rooms. We may have gotten an upgrade, but we wanted to stay on the beach with an ocean view.

Our room was clean and very nice. It wasn't huge, but then we don't stay in the room much. Location is much more important to us than the size of the room. After all we only slept and bathed there.

I have to say that I don't think the food here is as good as some of the other Sandals resorts we have visited. Don't get the wrong, the food is very good, but I think some of the others had more options on the menu. We ate twice at Cuciana which was our favorite on this resort.

Snorkeling was great! Big Papa made it really fun. The fish were so beautiful; this was one of the best snorkeling we have had.

The concierge girls and guy were fabulous. Shout out to Patrice, Shavana, Sherene, Kera, Shemoy, Nadine and the Concierge Team Manager Carrie-Ann. We often visited them in the evening when they weren't busy just to chat.

We had a great returning guest dinner. We got our gold sandals. The food was excellent and it was very enjoyable.

The bar personnel were great. A special thanks to Jason and Leroy. Hey Leroy did you ever listen to the song Bad, Bad Leroy Brown? We had great fun with him.

The managers were all very friendly. We had a very nice chat with the Hotel manager at the pizza place. He is a very interesting person and very well traveled.

The water sports are plentiful. We never had to wait on a Hoby to go out sailing.

The people selling things on the beach really weren't that much trouble. A polite no and they were on their way. The Sandals security were constantly walking the beach to watch that they weren't too bothersome.

We mainly relaxed while on this trip. We didn't partake of much of the entertainment. We would go to the piano bar area and have a few drinks with friends, took long walks, and relaxed on our patio.

We would definitely put this resort on our visit again resorts. We have been to most of the Sandals resorts and this one would be near the top.

Room Tip: Bamboo Grove and Coconut Grove rooms are away from most of the noise and are right on the beach. Th...
13  Thank Dagma
Reviewed January 28, 2013

In paying our second visit to Sandals Negril our only regret is that we didnt book for longer. For the first time ever we booked a butler suite....well what a brilliant experience our butlers Mark and Orlando were simply outstanding and we will certainly do it all again next year. the food and service in all the restaurant's was excellent, staff in all areas were very friendly and helpful. Special mention to Papa and Smiley on the snorkel boat, these guys made my holiday special (it helped that I saw Eagle Rays and Turtles). Management team are on the ball with special thanks to Lancelot the Operations Manager.
Our only niggle was that we had to transfer our own suitcases from the taxi to the lobby as there were no bell boys and then the luggage took a long time to get to our room BUT we will be back next year without a doubt.

Room Tip: go for a butler suite, you wont regret it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This is our 2nd time at Sandals Negril and my husband and I will definately be back! We stay in the beachfront concerige honeymoon suite level rooms which you pay a bit more money wise but well worth every penny. Everyone in the concerige staff is just incredible and Nadene thank you for making us feel like we were to only ones you had to help out which i know wasnt the case. Carrie Ann I would also like to say Thank You to you also because you do your best to make everyone feel so welcome as soon as they walk into the concerige office. Great Job to you and your entire team.  The playmakers were so funny and made everything so fun. We kayaked, road the pedal bikes & went on the glass bottom boat twice just because it was so relaxing being able to see all of the sea life w/o even getting wet. We saw a sea turtle the 1st time we went out which was really neat to see. The food was great and I would highly recommend going to the Italian restaurant because that was one of the best meals we had and the wine they served that was mixed w/fruit punch was delicious!! The beach party & dinner was great and was a nice way for us the wrap up our vacation. Our room for us is in a perfect location because we r close to the beach bar (which has soft serve ice cream & fountain soda machine), pizza & the buffet so we were couldnt have been in a better place. This was our 6th trip to Jamaica and have stayed at other all inclusives and at other areas of Jamaica and I will never stay anywhere but in Negril and I hope to always stay at home which is Sandals Negril to us. Once again, bravo to everyone that made our stay so memorable! We already miss it. They have cats at the resort to help control rodents & since i am a huge animal lover so i was very happy with that. I brought back meat & whole milk w/me from brkfst & would keep it in the fridge for them to eat for dinner & brkfst. One of the cats was a kitten still wanting to nurse so I fell in love with it! We were in room 5104 if this helps anyone looking for what we had.

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank sugargirl490
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sandals Negril. We're so thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us. You enjoyed our beautiful property, delicious dining options and the genuine hospitality of our staff. We strive to meet the highest levels of service and quality and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay.

We can't wait to welcome you back for another amazing experience.

Cassie C.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
#1 of 1 in White House
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#3 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!